Notifications
Clear all

Printer Shrinks Print 22%  

RSS
HDHJR
(@hdhjr)
Printer Shrinks Print 22%

Just received  my XL.  It was printing to scale, but has recently started shrinking my items by approximately 22%.  I cannot find where this is coming from.  I just sold my MK i3 MK3S+ I bought a few years ago and didn't have this issue.  I use Fusion 360 and dimensions are correct.  In PS, 2.6.0, the Object Manipulation, scale factors are 100% and the sizes (mm) are correct.  When I slice and send to the printer, it shrinks about 22%.   I just updated the firmware from 4.6.1 to 4.7.0 but have not tried to print on the new firmware.  Any suggestions on what might cause this? 

Thanks in advance for the help...

This topic was modified 10 months ago 3 times by HDHJR
Posted : 30/06/2023 10:11 pm
HDHJR
(@hdhjr)
Topic starter answered:
RE: Printer Shrinks Print 22%

Update:  Tried print with new firmware, same results..

Posted : 30/06/2023 10:28 pm
fuchsr
(@fuchsr)
Famed Member

New printer, get on the chat with Prusa Support. 24x7 support is one reason you paid the big bucks for it. I dont see anything like this on my XL so this could be hardware related, and Prusa itself is best positioned to help. 

Posted : 01/07/2023 5:48 am
HDHJR liked
jkavalik
(@jkavalik)

Is there a way on XL to see the steps per axis? If yes then compare to known values or try factory reset to see if it changes?

Posted : 01/07/2023 9:15 am
HDHJR
(@hdhjr)
Topic starter answered:

I was considering the factory reset.  I’ll try that today.

Posted : 01/07/2023 1:25 pm
HDHJR
(@hdhjr)
Topic starter answered:

I was going to chat with them, but the last time I tried, I was on hold 16 minutes…

Posted : 01/07/2023 1:27 pm
Share: