Z Height at limit -2.000 but nozzle does not reach textured metal sheet surface because it is too thin?

Notifiche
Cancella tutti

Z Height at limit -2.000 but nozzle does not reach textured metal sheet surface because it is too thin?  

RSS
MaKe68
(@make68)

Hi,

I am facing an issue which prevents me from printing on  my powder-coated sheet because I would need a Z height correction of bigger than -2.000 but thesis the maximum value that can be used. Using my PEI sheet which has a thickness of 1.2 mm requires a Z Height correction of around -1.680. My powder-coated sheet has only a thickness of 0.62 mm (so 50% thinner compared to my PEI sheet) which would require a z-height correction of -2.300 to make the filament stick. But Life Z adjust stops at -2.000.

I read in other articles the powder-coated sheet is some 0.2mm thinner than PEI, in my case it is 0.6mm thinner and, hence, does not work on my brand-new mini+. Nozzle doesn't reach the surface as needed ...!?

Anyone facing same kind of issues in the past? Appreciate any advice how to adjust the Z height to let me also use the textured metal sheet which isn't cheap to buy, actually. 

Thanks, Markus

Postato : 15/01/2021 3:44 pm
fuchsr
(@fuchsr)
Famed Member
RE: Z Height at limit -2.000 but nozzle does not reach textured metal sheet surface because it is too thin?

I had that on one of my printers. Readjusting the Super Pinda Probe by moving it closer to the print bed fixed it. 

Postato : 15/01/2021 3:50 pm
MaKe68
(@make68)
Topic starter answered:
RE: Z Height at limit -2.000 but nozzle does not reach textured metal sheet surface because it is too thin?

@fuchsr

Thank you for ultrafast response. I already moved the SPINDA a bit down and figured no better result. Apparently,  I need to bring it still closer to the bed. Will definitely try agin. Maybe I have overseen something.

=Markus

Postato : 15/01/2021 3:54 pm
fuchsr
(@fuchsr)
Famed Member

I follow the instructions in the knowledge base for spinda replacements but I use a 0.8mm feeler gauge instead of a zip tie to measure the distance. 

Postato : 15/01/2021 4:15 pm
Rainer
(@rainer-2)
Reputable Member

You must go higher with the Sensor. Mini or Mini+?

Postato : 15/01/2021 4:30 pm
fuchsr
(@fuchsr)
Famed Member

@rainer-2

You’re probably right. Higher, lower, I don’t really know, I just use my feeler gauge to find the right distance. 

Postato : 15/01/2021 4:33 pm
Rainer
(@rainer-2)
Reputable Member

The new Sensor from the Mini+ must be higher then the old one.

Maybe twice a Credircard.

Postato : 15/01/2021 4:38 pm
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member

Since the switching distance of the SPINDA is somewhat larger, you ideally take a 1.50mm thick feeler gauge or something similar. Then, after adjusting the firstlayer, the value should be between -1,000 and -1,500.

Statt zu klagen, dass wir nicht alles haben, was wir wollen, sollten wir lieber dankbar sein, dass wir nicht alles bekommen, was wir verdienen.

Postato : 15/01/2021 5:21 pm
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member

SPINDA (Mini)

Statt zu klagen, dass wir nicht alles haben, was wir wollen, sollten wir lieber dankbar sein, dass wir nicht alles bekommen, was wir verdienen.

Postato : 15/01/2021 5:46 pm
MaKe68
(@make68)
Topic starter answered:

@karl-herbert

Thank you all,

yes the SPINDA had to be adjusted higher to make the printhead move "lower". It was clear for me what you meant. And I re-adjusted my SPINDA again and, yes, now I can mesh-level the bed using my textured metal sheet. Switching back to the PEI requires to adjust the Z-Height correction accordingly which is pretty fine now. So, issue solved.

Postato : 15/01/2021 6:03 pm
Rainer
(@rainer-2)
Reputable Member

You can go to the 4.3 RC1 Firmware with Sheet Profil. 😉

Postato : 15/01/2021 6:07 pm
fuchsr
(@fuchsr)
Famed Member

@rainer-2

Can't wait to download it, just for that one feature!

Postato : 15/01/2021 6:15 pm
Condividi: