[Solved] Unable to update firmware
Unable to update firmware
Hello. My new Mini+ kit came with 4.3.1 firmware and I can't get it to update to 4.3.2.
I have downloaded the update to the driver I received (which I use also to upload gcodes to the printer, and it works fine) and removed the older one from it, and the printer keeps ignoring it. I tried restarting a few times. I have checked the settings and have set it to "update after restart", but it still won't help.
I would appreciate any help, thanks.
Not sure I understand the procedure you describe but the correct way to upgrade Mini firmware is described here: https://help.prusa3d.com/en/guide/how-to-update-firmware-mini-mini_128421/
TL;DR: Copy the downloaded .bbf file to the root of a USB stick, stick it into the mini, then reboot.
That's what I did, and more
Yes that's exactly what I did, I also tried playing with the updating settings in the printer.
The printer simply ignores the update.
You know that file you downloaded needs to be unpacked (un-zipped) first, right?
Firmware 4.3.2 Successfully installed
Fischex - I had the exact same problem.... I got my new mini+ with 4.3.1 installed on it. My mini+ was actually giving me an error #12610 (saying that the firmware/printer versions don match and to go and make sure I had the correct firmware for my printer). Confusing! So I decided to try and flash the system backward to 4.3.0, see if that worked, and then climb back to to 4.3.1, and then 4.3.2. I did this and it seemed to have solved my problem:
1. One thing I made sure I did, was I reformatted my USB stick again, and made the "Allocated Unit Size" 2048 bytes (instead of 4096 bytes - which is what I think was set with the USB stick that came with the mini+).
2. Next, I downloaded the .BBF .zip file, then I clicked to "open" .zip file. (I did all of this from the bottom bar in my web browser)
3. Next, I dragged and dropped the file to my desktop
4. Next, I opened file explorer up
5. Next, I dragged and dropped the newly downloaded .BBF file onto the USB drive (as it is listed in the left hand portion of the file explorer window).
6. Then, I selected to eject the drive
7. I plugged the USB into the mini+, hit restart button, and when the first PRUSA screen comes up, push the button wheel, and the flash process was successful for each version I did (going downward to 4.3.0, then back upward to 4.3.1, and then upward again to 4.3.2).
Let me know if this works!