Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread  

Page 226 / 241
  RSS
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread

@matt-14

Interesting, I wonder if the heatbreak was not inserted enough?  2 mm is a large amount of shortage.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 03/03/2021 10:52 am
raymate liked
raymate
(@raymate)
Estimable Member

@matt-14

I did a few cold pulls seem to make no difference so I replaced the PTFE tube with another one, I actually purchased some Capricorn tubing before I got the printer incase this was needed. After reading all the stories on the forum I figured lets do that incase and it turned out that was a good idea. I also made sure in one of my first few prints was a PTFE cutting jig 😀  So cut a new tube after installing that it seems to be back to normal.

The old PFTE tube I pulled out looks identical to the spare one provided by Prusa it was not shorter or damaged so Im not 100% that was the problem but we shall see. Going back to my printing again today.

Im disappointed for sure because my Monoprice printer has been solid for over one year and not needed anything doing to it apart from grease the rods. I really wanted the Prusa so I can leave it alone with trouble free printing but I guess that will not be the case. I only used about half a roll of filament on this days old machine before it went wrong. Really hope Prusa refine this so its better in the future at least we should be able to get the upgrade kit from them.

This post was modified 3 years ago by raymate

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prusa Mini+ (Ordered Dec 19,2020 - Arrived Feb 21,2021) stated clicking Mar 2nd / MP Select Mini V2

Posted : 03/03/2021 12:18 pm
GMoney
(@gmoney)

@raymate

The first time I tried unloading filament in my new Mini+, the filament got stuck in the PTFE tubing between the filament sensor and the extruder.  There was a blob on the end of it up inside the block.  I managed get it out and it was working fine last night, but that was pretty frustrating.

I'm otherwise happy with it so far.  It's quiet, it's fast, the interface is cool, and it prints at least as well as my Mk3S. 

Posted : 03/03/2021 2:32 pm
raymate liked
raymate
(@raymate)
Estimable Member

@gmoney

Im going to check as I have clicking again this morning from that area

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prusa Mini+ (Ordered Dec 19,2020 - Arrived Feb 21,2021) stated clicking Mar 2nd / MP Select Mini V2

Posted : 03/03/2021 2:51 pm
Lung
 Lung
(@lung)
Eminent Member

Just had the initial email saying mine has been packaged and a shipping number has been generated, which is 5+ days early, unless it won't actually move until the 8th.

Posted : 03/03/2021 4:42 pm
emJay90
(@emjay90)

Hi all,

my printer arrived on Monday, here a short video from the unboxing:

Greetz,

emJay

Posted : 03/03/2021 6:24 pm
mrstoned
(@mrstoned)
Reputable Member

Ohh, the most important box... "Haribo & LCD" 🙂

Prusa Mini+ kit. BondTech extruder. FW 5.1.2
Prusa MK3S+ kit. Stock. FW 3.11.0
Prusa MK3S+, used. Stock. FW 3.13.3

Posted : 03/03/2021 8:01 pm
emJay90 liked
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@emjay90

Great video.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 03/03/2021 9:04 pm
emJay90 liked
Schnoidz
(@schnoidz)
Trusted Member

@emjay90

Thanks for the video!

Posted : 03/03/2021 9:25 pm
emJay90 liked
Cashew92ftw
(@cashew92ftw)
Trusted Member

Satin sheet works like a charm. So far ive had issues getting the textured to work, but still need more time to confirm user error XD.

Tip for assembly, make double sure the pressed in nuts are pushed in all the way. Disassembling to push them in more can be frustrating.

Also heres my current testing setup 😀 

Orange Juice Please

Posted : 04/03/2021 12:26 am
raymate liked
emJay90
(@emjay90)

Hi all,

now the first part of the assembly video, stay tuned ;):

PS: It's in 4x Speed, if you want to see more details, just set the player to 0,25x Speed.

Greetz,

emJay

Posted : 04/03/2021 9:54 am
Schnoidz and liked
raymate
(@raymate)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @cashew92ftw

Satin sheet works like a charm. So far ive had issues getting the textured to work, but still need more time to confirm user error XD.

Tip for assembly, make double sure the pressed in nuts are pushed in all the way. Disassembling to push them in more can be frustrating.

Also heres my current testing setup 😀 

Did you get it signed ? I was considering that but could not wait

Posted : 04/03/2021 1:22 pm
_FirstLayer
(@_firstlayer)
Eminent Member

@emjay90

Thanks! Nice video.

Posted : 05/03/2021 3:21 pm
emJay90 liked
emJay90
(@emjay90)

Hi all,

now the second and last part of the assembly video 🙂

PS: It's in 4x Speed, if you want to see more details, just set the player to 0,25x Speed.

Greetz,

emJay

Posted : 06/03/2021 9:29 am
You liked
Daryl
(@daryl-2)
Trusted Member

@cashew92ftw

It took me a while to figure out the textured sheet as well, the Z height is farther down than I expected.  There is a big difference in thickness between the smooth and textured.  For the 'perfect' first layer with the smooth sheet the setting is -1.005 (for my Mini+, every machine is different) but with the textured sheet it is -1.320. It doesn't directly correspond to the actual measured difference between the two sheets.  Instead I use the 60mmx60mm model in the prints library and then use a micrometer to make sure I am as close to 0.20mm thick as possible.  I also run it again when I change material type and tweak Z as needed to nail 0.20mm.

Posted : 06/03/2021 11:17 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

Every sheet is different and not just between textured and smooth.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 06/03/2021 11:40 pm
Urban
(@urban)

On the March 4th I contacted the support and they said that I can expect my Mini+ Kit (ordered Dec 19th 2020) to be shipped within 2 weeks. 

Prusa Mini+ Kit (Ordered: 19.12.2020 - Arrived: 19.3.2021)

Posted : 08/03/2021 5:47 pm
Timo
 Timo
(@timo-3)
Posted by: @urban-2

On the March 4th I contacted the support and they said that I can expect my Mini+ Kit (ordered Dec 19th 2020) to be shipped within 2 weeks. 

Oh sweet, i orderd 20th of dec so im with you.

Ill let you know if i hear anything, i can't wait either!

Posted : 09/03/2021 11:07 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

You will love your new printer.  If you have troubles, don’t get too frustrated.  Post your questions on the forum.  We can help.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 09/03/2021 11:20 am
einDeveloper
(@eindeveloper)
Posted by: @timo-3
Posted by: @urban-2

Oh sweet, i orderd 20th of dec so im with you.

Ill let you know if i hear anything, i can't wait either!

I ordered on the 26th of jan I can't wait anymore

Posted : 09/03/2021 5:33 pm
Page 226 / 241
Share: