Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread  

Page 194 / 241
  RSS
Dr. Wunderlurch
(@dr-wunderlurch)
Eminent Member
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread

i Hope so 🙂

Unfortunatelly I don't know if I find time to put it together and set it up in the next days. 🙁
Would be great tough, since I visit a friend on the weekend who tought about buying one, too. So i could throw it in the car and show it to him. 🙂

Publié : 22/07/2020 10:34 am
Gordon W
(@gordon-w)
Reputable Member

@dr-wunderlurch

You don't need too much time to actually build it (~30-45 mins) although getting it tuned in can take a little while, that can be a separate session.

Good luck and enjoy! 😀 

Publié : 22/07/2020 1:13 pm
tsangstagangsta
(@tsangstagangsta)
Posted by: @charles-h13

Who all ordered?  Now the wait begins.  

Non-professional mental health support available!

Mod edit - Link to spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cEUO-8AQevqBbD37C25bSPWbb3Lpk6q_-WZuZ0HOIOY/htmlview

Should I be worried if my order isn’t on the google sheet?

Publié : 23/07/2020 4:22 am
Dr. Wunderlurch
(@dr-wunderlurch)
Eminent Member

I finished builidng it yesterday. Today I'm going to calibrate it. 😀

Really lloking forward to the first prints this evening.

Does anyone know if the Mini still has the Problem with the PTFE Tube inside the hotend being too short?

i.e. should i directly switch it or try printig first?

Publié : 23/07/2020 11:50 am
Gordon W
(@gordon-w)
Reputable Member

@dr-wunderlurch

Only a sample size of one, but in the week I've had my mini I've only had issues of my own making (slicing with prusament settings and using a different filament etc.)  I'm absolutely delighted with the prints. I did download https://www.prusaprinters.org/prints/9838-first-layer-test-60x60-mm-square and spent a bit of time fine tuning which I think helped a lot.

I apologise to all the people who are having significant issues with their printers, I'm certainly not saying that the problems don't exist, just that I'm not seeing them on my printer!

Publié : 23/07/2020 1:08 pm
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator

@andytsa2

Hi Andy, if you didn't put it on the Sheet, yourself, It won't be there... 

this is a peer group spreadsheet! 
regards Joan

I try to make safe suggestions,You should understand the context and ensure you are happy that they are safe before attempting to apply my suggestions, what you do, is YOUR responsibility. Location Halifax UK

Publié : 23/07/2020 2:08 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

@andytsa2

Use this link to be able to edit the sheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cEUO-8AQevqBbD37C25bSPWbb3Lpk6q_-WZuZ0HOIOY

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Publié : 23/07/2020 3:22 pm
Fury
 Fury
(@fury)

YAY IT SHIPPED!! 
Lets see how long for it to get to Canada 🙂 

Spreadsheet updated.

Publié : 23/07/2020 4:44 pm
Gordon W a aimé
tsangstagangsta
(@tsangstagangsta)

thanks for the reply guys much appreciated!

Publié : 23/07/2020 5:06 pm
handro
(@handro)
Posted by: @michaelesnively

YAY IT SHIPPED!! 
Lets see how long for it to get to Canada 🙂 

Spreadsheet updated.

I think mine is right below yours. Also got an email that mine shipped today. 

Publié : 23/07/2020 5:20 pm
Owens2303
(@owens2303)
Eminent Member

Just Got email Mini has been shipped today, on its way now to Australia half way around the world.:)

Publié : 23/07/2020 9:37 pm
Gordon W a aimé
Dr. Wunderlurch
(@dr-wunderlurch)
Eminent Member

@dr-wunderlurch

You are gonna love it.  

You were right! 🙂

did two test-prints yesterday (Benchy and Frog) and I am amazed how good the quality is and how silent it works.

My Cheap Prusa Clone didn't work that good until i put hours and hours of work into it and then after a few prints something would break and i had to put in hours of work again.

Now i need to decide where to put the Mini finally and maybe build a enclosure... and of course: Print! 😀

Publié : 24/07/2020 7:48 am
Gordon W a aimé
SM26
 SM26
(@sm26)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @dr-wunderlurch

@dr-wunderlurch

You are gonna love it.  

You were right! 🙂

did two test-prints yesterday (Benchy and Frog) and I am amazed how good the quality is and how silent it works.

My Cheap Prusa Clone didn't work that good until i put hours and hours of work into it and then after a few prints something would break and i had to put in hours of work again.

Now i need to decide where to put the Mini finally and maybe build a enclosure... and of course: Print! 😀

Sounds like you are PTFE-problem free?

Publié : 24/07/2020 11:39 am
Dr. Wunderlurch
(@dr-wunderlurch)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @sm26
Posted by: @dr-wunderlurch

@dr-wunderlurch

You are gonna love it.  

You were right! 🙂

Sounds like you are PTFE-problem free?

Seems so... although i wouldn't be too sure after two testprints which didn't have too many retractions in them.
I'll try to print something more complicated on the weekend. (If my wife lets me take the printer with us on our weekend-trip 😀 )
Then I'll report back beginning of next week.

Publié : 24/07/2020 11:43 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Membre
Topic starter answered:

To those that want an extra build plate, I would recommend theKKIINNGG for the mini.  It is currently sold out but I am sure he will produce more.  I have tried 4 alternatives to Prusa's plates and will be doing an article.  I prefer theKKiinngg, but I have tried the following also:

1. BCZAMD Powder coated sheet
  2. FYSETC Power coated sheet
  3. Trianglelabs Powder Coated Sheet

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Publié : 24/07/2020 12:12 pm
Frankincell a aimé
shankerxdhanush
(@shankerxdhanush)

Getting one sooner may well be worth it. I'm borderline on ordering myself, but should probably wait until next year. 

Publié : 24/07/2020 6:33 pm
Fury
 Fury
(@fury)

To those that want an extra build plate, I would recommend theKKIINNGG for the mini.  It is currently sold out but I am sure he will produce more.  I have tried 4 alternatives to Prusa's plates and will be doing an article.  I prefer theKKiinngg, but I have tried the following also:

1. BCZAMD Powder coated sheet
  2. FYSETC Power coated sheet
  3. Trianglelabs Powder Coated Sheet

Hopefully I won't need a new sheet for a LONG time as I ordered both sheets with mine. We'll see which gets used the most. 

Publié : 24/07/2020 11:41 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Membre
Topic starter answered:

@michaelesnively

Wait for the review and I explain the benefits and reason to buy each.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Publié : 25/07/2020 12:17 am
ChefBenni
(@chefbenni)

Woohooo, my Mini finally arrived and I got to say Prusa made a great job about packaging and the Mini fits nicely on a bike 😉 

First print also came out quite nicely with my favourite purple Prusament PLA:

But I was quite dissapoint by the PETG results. Retracs are horrible by default (stringy like hell) and the printer failed the first 7 prints. Only with enough material fed through and minimum amount of retracts it finally worked. At least it was worth was I made:

Files can be found here:

https://www.prusaprinters.org/prints/37430-prusa-mini-usb-plug-and-power-switch-frontplate

With that front plate the printer finally fit inside my Ikea Kallax:

With PLA it works like a charm but the filament sensor is a nightmare! I think I will change over time quite a lot of things like add dragchains, new extruder with integrated filament sensor etc.

But for that price, I can't complain much.

Cheers, Benni

Publié : 26/07/2020 6:04 pm
Matt Boyer
(@matt-boyer)
Estimable Member

While we're waiting for our Mini's (or fondling one now), today is the last day of the Prusament Up-Cycling Design Challenge.  There are a bunch of very cool designs and I want a bunch more likes and downloads lol.  You don't know which ones are mine though, so check 'em all out!  I'd appreciate it.  Vote by hearting the ones you like.

Publié : 26/07/2020 8:17 pm
Page 194 / 241
Partager :