Page 191 / 241
  RSS
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread
Posted by: @dronitoni

@tm4n

I switched from PLA to PETG now, and I can say it doesn't create any print fumes so far. I'm using the standard settings in Prusa-slicer.

I don't think PETG is expected to create noticable fumes

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Publié : 29/06/2020 8:26 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There was one order marked as delivered in our spreadsheet yesterday.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Publié : 30/06/2020 8:46 am
Gordon W
(@gordon-w)
Reputable Member

Another day, another shipping table update! Good news some of the shipping dates have improved. I have updated the spreadsheet as appropriate. I've used the same approach; orders up to 12th Jan are now reported as shipped, so I have marked them as such (with the exception of @cho's order which I left for him to update when he finally gets good news!).

Where the shipping table shows two blocks of orders shipping in one month I've set an arbitrary 'mid month' date for the second black of orders  to try and give a realistic forecast until we have more precise information on the shipping table.

Publié : 30/06/2020 5:20 pm
Dr. Wunderlurch
(@dr-wunderlurch)
Eminent Member

oh man, the calculated shipping date is an emotional rollercoaster ride! 😀
If I'm lucky and the calculation is right (and the parcel service works fast) my mini might arrive on time for the weekend after my birthday. that would make a nice gift! 😀

the date is so close now that I'm starting to get nervous 😫 

Ce message a été modifié il y a 4 years par Dr. Wunderlurch
Publié : 01/07/2020 8:02 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There were no changes to the spreadsheet yesterday.

I will slowly stop notify every day as there is not much changes these days.

Publié : 01/07/2020 10:17 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Membre
Topic starter answered:

I am planning to order Mini #2 or Mk3S #6.  I need a dedicated machine to swap out hotends. 

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Publié : 01/07/2020 10:30 am
Gordon W
(@gordon-w)
Reputable Member

@dr-wunderlurch

As a significant number of orders moved from pending to shipped (due to updated shipping table) I'm sorry to say that I suspect the forecast is slightly more optimistic than normal. Last time I did a 'bulk' update the forecast date for my order improved by about a week then slipped back over the following days. I hope for your sake I'm wrong! Trying to be positive, if it doesn't arrive you'll have a chance to celebrate your birthday (as best you can in current circumstances) AND have something to look forward too 😀 . Regardless of what happens Happy Birthday 🍻 

Publié : 01/07/2020 10:57 am
Gordon W
(@gordon-w)
Reputable Member

@hawwwran

Thanks for providing the information daily up to now, you certainly deserve  break (and a bit more time to enjoy your Mini 😀) . It certainly appears that we're getting less orders entered on the sheet now (only 6 orders entered in June), and a lot of the people who have entered their order haven't come back to update it, the enthusiasm of the 'early adopters' has faded, but it's nice to have a few dedicated people hanging round to keep us company after they've got their own Mini 👍 .

Publié : 01/07/2020 11:07 am
vbl a aimé
Limbo3500
(@limbo3500)

@hawwwran

How do you track updates? Manual compare, or some smart feature in the list?

Publié : 01/07/2020 10:32 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @tom-limerkens

@hawwwran

How do you track updates? Manual compare, or some smart feature in the list?

I wrote a tool which parses the spreadsheet and compares it to previous values every five minutes. Then it sends me notifications about the changes made.

Publié : 02/07/2020 4:58 am
Dr. Wunderlurch
(@dr-wunderlurch)
Eminent Member

@gordon-w

Thanks for the birthday wishes! 🙂

my Birtday is on 7th of July and the estiamted shipping moved between something like the 5th and 12th of July the last times i checked... since shipping to gemany might be quite fast (I think it's around 600km to the Prusa HQ from Munich and just one inner-european border) there is a VERY SLIGHT chance I get it on my birthday and a cerain probabilty that i get it soon after 🙂
Which anyway is much better than the End of August shipping date i got from Prusa when I ordered it 😀
In gemany we have the saying: "Vorfreude ist die schönste Freude" which translates roughly to "looking forward to something is the best kind of  joy" but sounds more lyrical. 😀
So I'm really happy now about waiting for my Mini. 🙂

Publié : 02/07/2020 7:03 am
Matt Boyer
(@matt-boyer)
Estimable Member

The (Mini) textured PEI sheet is available in the store I just noticed.

Publié : 03/07/2020 2:53 am
Fury
 Fury
(@fury)

@dr-wunderlurch

600km, that's a day trip(Well, day and a half if you wanna sleep).
Ask Prusa if you can pick it up and get a company tour while you're there 🙂 

Publié : 03/07/2020 4:40 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

I wonder, for how long do you use one sheet until it's unusable? It seems it will last for ages and at's doublesided.

Publié : 03/07/2020 6:55 am
Dr. Wunderlurch
(@dr-wunderlurch)
Eminent Member

@hawwwran

I don't have a Mini, but from what i hear and see from friends with MK3 Printers you probably wont have to change the bed if you just use it normally and take care.

I guess you'll just have to change it when you mess it up by slamming the nozzle into it to often or scratching it when trying to remove print residue or somehow else breaking it.

Publié : 03/07/2020 8:47 am
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator

@dr-wunderlurch

Cleaning with Acetone is an excellent way of shortening the PEI Life span... 

It causes cracks to appear in the surface of smooth pei. I used acetone once on a smooth PEI Sheet, and cracks appeared almost as if by magic... never used it since

and Acetone's not good for Powder coated PEI either...  

regards Joan

I try to make safe suggestions,You should understand the context and ensure you are happy that they are safe before attempting to apply my suggestions, what you do, is YOUR responsibility. Location Halifax UK

Publié : 03/07/2020 10:54 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Membre
Topic starter answered:

@hawwwran

I have several sheets I have been using for nearly 2 years.  They are both getting long in the tooth.  I get 2 symptoms with age:

1. Stick too much (most common)
  2. Stick too little (rare)

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Publié : 03/07/2020 12:48 pm
Pablo Simone
(@pablo-simone)
Eminent Member

Hi all!
just ordered mine a few days ago .. now it's time to choose some filaments and wait until september ..

Publié : 05/07/2020 12:40 pm
Gordon W
(@gordon-w)
Reputable Member

@cho Any updates? Do you finally have your printer?

Publié : 07/07/2020 3:32 pm
Dr. Wunderlurch
(@dr-wunderlurch)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @joantabb

@dr-wunderlurch

Cleaning with Acetone is an excellent way of shortening the PEI Life span... 

It causes cracks to appear in the surface of smooth pei. I used acetone once on a smooth PEI Sheet, and cracks appeared almost as if by magic... never used it since

and Acetone's not good for Powder coated PEI either...  

regards Joan

Ah sure i forgot abou chemical destruction 😀
but I thought it's common knowledge now not to use Acetone. I made that mistake once quite a while ago, but the printbed was totally smashed up anway and needed replacement.

Publié : 08/07/2020 8:45 am
Page 191 / 241
Partager :