Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread  

Stránka 190 / 241
  RSS
cho
 cho
(@cho)
Eminent Member
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread

I have received a message from Prusa that DPD has not yet provided final information about the loss of my printer. However, I have been assured that a replacement will be sent at short notice. Therefore I have set my order (10-12-2020, black) back to "pending" and mark it again as "shipped" as soon as I see in the tracking that the parcel is on its way.

DHL states that the express parcel that was supposed to have been sent yesterday is not supposed to arrive here until Monday - apparently it is transported on foot.. 😉

@gordon-w Thank you 🙂

This post was modified před 4 years by cho
Napsal : 24/06/2020 8:35 am
Gordon W
(@gordon-w)
Reputable Member

@cho

I'm pleased to hear there is finally some positive news on getting your printer!

Napsal : 24/06/2020 8:43 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

I must say, I have surprisingly good top layer (PLA). It is very smooth. I compared it to my previous printer's result and consulted with my coleague who owns MK3S and he confirmed the result is extraordinary.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Napsal : 24/06/2020 8:47 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There was one order from 4.Feb marked as shipped in our spreadsheet yesterday.

Two orders were marked as delivered.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Napsal : 25/06/2020 6:36 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

190 pages and growing - Amazing.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Napsal : 25/06/2020 9:29 am
Gordon W se líbí
Crawlerin
(@crawlerin)
Prominent Member

@cho

That's some good news, indeed. You are closer to your printer, just few more days!

Napsal : 25/06/2020 10:04 am
Mark B
(@mark-b)

My mini order from 6 February is on it's way to Australia with DHL.

Currently undergoing it's second "Customs" event hope that doesn't slow it down too much.

Maybe Australian customs thinks a Prusa is some type of fruit? 😀 

Napsal : 25/06/2020 11:37 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member
Posted by: @nilbogaus

[...] Maybe Australian customs thinks a Prusa is some type of fruit? 😀 

This may be why Artillery renamed their company briefly to Evnovo. The story is that big boxes labeled "Artillery" were getting undue attention. As long as the bad guys clearly lable all munitions, we should be safe!

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Napsal : 26/06/2020 2:10 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There were no changes made to our spreadsheet yesterday

Napsal : 26/06/2020 10:40 am
Matt Boyer
(@matt-boyer)
Estimable Member

Just ordered another Mini (Black this time) and added it to the spreadsheet.  There's been almost 100,000 orders between 5-18 and 6-26.  And 225,000 orders since 4-11 when I ordered the MK3S.  Oddly, both Mini's are scheduled to ship in September.

Napsal : 27/06/2020 1:06 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There was one order marked as delivered in our spreadsheet yesterday.

Napsal : 27/06/2020 11:03 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There was one order marked as delivered in our spreadsheet yesterday.

Napsal : 28/06/2020 3:08 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

I hope all are enjoying you Minis!

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Napsal : 28/06/2020 3:31 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There were no changes to our spreadsheet yesterday.

Napsal : 29/06/2020 6:44 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @charles-h13

I hope all are enjoying you Minis!

I'm getting to know my MINI. I'm susspect it to always always mess up the first print right now. I'm investigating it.

When I print from cold state. The Z starts too high causing the first layer to not stick. When I stop it, clean the non-sticked layer and and s print again, all is ok the second time. I'm not sure whether it's the bed not stabilized yet in the hot state, the hotend or even the MINDA needing to get heated first. Right now the first print's firsti layer is always wrong.

I have the 4.1rc1 firmware (the one to be released soon)

Napsal : 29/06/2020 6:49 am
Crawlerin
(@crawlerin)
Prominent Member

I feel you, this first layer inconsistency cold vs hot is a bit annoying. I tend to squish first layer down too much IMO, but then printing next thing and I get ripples, adjusting it up.

I found here on this very forum nice article about MINI experience, there's also good starter gcode that preheats printer while it is parked in the middle. I am sorry I canmot credit, I forgot who posted it here. If you read this, you have my thanks.

https://sites.google.com/view/newbieprusaminireview/home

Napsal : 29/06/2020 11:16 am
Frankincell a Hawwwran se líbí
Tm4n
 Tm4n
(@tm4n)

Interestingly, I don't have any first layer issues. I had them very strongly on my previous "ANET A8" printer, but none on the Mini (using smooth sheet). I had some minor issues in the filament path, with it sometimes getting stuck at the fittings, but that has gotten much less prevalent after some use and loosening up the fittings and filament sensor screws a bit. I also have no problems having folders on my USB drive, however my current print is always located in the root folder and the other folders are just for old gcode files. Hot-Plugging, autodetecting of new gcode files works fine for me.

I'm amazed by the print quality of the mini, and I love that I can just pick it up and put it in another room when I want to avoid the print fumes. Even PLA gives me headaches and a funny feeling in my throat.

So I can say I am throughly enjoying my new mini!

Napsal : 29/06/2020 5:05 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

@crawlerin

Great, that helped! Thanks.

Napsal : 29/06/2020 5:46 pm
Dronitoni
(@dronitoni)
Eminent Member

@tm4n

I switched from PLA to PETG now, and I can say it doesn't create any print fumes so far. I'm using the standard settings in Prusa-slicer.

Napsal : 29/06/2020 5:46 pm
Tm4n se líbí
Frankincell
(@frankincell)
Estimable Member

Hope everyone is surviving in this crazy new world we live in.  I realized it has been a month since I posted anything and just wanted to drop by and let everyone know that my Prusa-Mini continues to kick butt on a daily basis.   

I'm looking forward to the Prusa XL, to the new "Unofficial Prusa XL Wait Thread" in the forum and to the nice long wait till it ships after we finally get to order it.  😉 

All your filament are belong to us!

Napsal : 29/06/2020 8:02 pm
Stránka 190 / 241
Share: