Clear all

Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread  

Strona 185 / 241
  RSS
Tm4n
 Tm4n
(@tm4n)
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread

So, my worst fears have come true. I stayed in all day to receive the mini today. It was loaded into the delivery van and estimated delivery was 2 p.m.. The time was shifted back constantly and the van was in my street around 4 p.m, if the online tracking is to trust... so 2 hours delay, but I finally get my mini, right? Wrong. Nobody rang the bell. Can't see the street from my appartment, so I had to wait. At 16:30, the tracking suddenly said that my adress was invalid and the package will be send back...

What the hell, DPD? They delivered a package to the same address in 2019! I even put a post-it next to my bell that said "←DPD", to help them find it faster, as there are about 30 bells for this building complex.

Sorry, I have to vent a bit! I am soo angry at DPD! I'm in the same boat as @cho now..

Opublikowany : 13/06/2020 2:58 pm
Bill Plein
(@bill-plein)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @tm4n

At 16:30, the tracking suddenly said that my adress was invalid and the package will be send back...

That sucks! Hope you get it quickly. 

Austin, Texas, USA

Opublikowany : 13/06/2020 3:24 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @tm4n

So, my worst fears have come true. I stayed in all day to receive the mini today. It was loaded into the delivery van and estimated delivery was 2 p.m.. The time was shifted back constantly and the van was in my street around 4 p.m, if the online tracking is to trust... so 2 hours delay, but I finally get my mini, right? Wrong. Nobody rang the bell. Can't see the street from my appartment, so I had to wait. At 16:30, the tracking suddenly said that my adress was invalid and the package will be send back...

What the hell, DPD? They delivered a package to the same address in 2019! I even put a post-it next to my bell that said "←DPD", to help them find it faster, as there are about 30 bells for this building complex.

Sorry, I have to vent a bit! I am soo angry at DPD! I'm in the same boat as @cho now..

Send it back? Just like that? They don't have your phone number with the order like they have here in CZ? They could call you to let you "fix" the address right?

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Opublikowany : 13/06/2020 4:10 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

I had my first issue today. The filament I loaded in yesterday wouldn't unload and the gear grinded the hell out of the filament. After trying to figure out where the problem is I found that the end of the filament was a bit wider so it wouldn't go back the PTFE tube. The solution was (as I found on youtube) to unscrew the brass thing out of the hotend revealing the small PTFE tube, then unscrew the three grub screws holding the heatbreak and push the heatbreak as far up as it goes. Then screw all back up.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Opublikowany : 13/06/2020 4:16 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@hawwwran

Not an uncommon occurrence.  I always cut the end off of the filament and chamfer my PTFE to avoid this.  

This thing is a timesaver: 0-14mm Steel Hold Puncher Reamer

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Opublikowany : 13/06/2020 4:28 pm
Tm4n
 Tm4n
(@tm4n)
Posted by: @hawwwran

Send it back? Just like that? They don't have your phone number with the order like they have here in CZ? They could call you to let you "fix" the address right?

Yeah, my phone number is in the shipping details. But I've never had a shipping company actually trying to call to deliver stuff, that level of customer service doesn't exist here. I usually try to ship to a pickup station, but after @cho's experience with that, I was hesistant to do it this time. Obviously a mistake.

I tried calling DPD, their lines are only open on weekdays. The tracking says to get in contact with the sender. I chatted with prusa, but their shipping department is also out until monday. They'll try to reach DPD then.

Opublikowany : 13/06/2020 4:40 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @charles-h13

@hawwwran

Not an uncommon occurrence.  I always cut the end off of the filament and chamfer my PTFE to avoid this.  

This thing is a timesaver: 0-14mm Steel Hold Puncher Reamer

I cut it it as well. But this was on the hotend side. It came wider out from the hotend so I couldn't do anything to prevent it. Except having the hotend assembled correctly.

Opublikowany : 13/06/2020 4:45 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

One more issue I had to solve. I overtightened the extruder tightener (is it?) As I tried to figure out the previous issue, I opened the part of the extruder where the bearing. Then I closed it and tighten it too much (it seems that very light tightening is enough). Now I test it by inserting filament and and to load it by hand, rotating the extruder gear. If it goes easily and the filament cannot be pulled back, than I guess it's ok.

The overtightening caused that the filament was flattened and at couldn't go through the tubing.

Opublikowany : 13/06/2020 4:50 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

One order was marked as delivered in our spreadsheet yesterday.

Opublikowany : 14/06/2020 6:28 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

How hot is your Z axis stepper? Mine is the hottest of all the steppers. Unplesant to keep hand on hot. Like 50°C I guess.

Opublikowany : 14/06/2020 11:48 am
Dronitoni
(@dronitoni)
Eminent Member

@hawwwran

yes, same here.

After 20 to 30 mins it getting hot.

Opublikowany : 14/06/2020 7:35 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @dronitoni

@hawwwran

yes, same here.

After 20 to 30 mins it getting hot.

I guess it's all right

Opublikowany : 15/06/2020 6:46 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There were no changes to our spreadsheet yesterday

Opublikowany : 15/06/2020 6:47 am
equi
 equi
(@equi)

Oh guys, after half a year, I finally got "The Mail" a ~week ago, and was supposed to receive the printer today.... but, being an awesome delivery company, DPD decided to just send it back, claiming that the address is bad (person on the phone said there is nothing wrong with it). 

Also their tracking shows that the package is 100kg (and I doubt Prusa put 10 printers there...).

So again, some more weeks, probably...

Opublikowany : 15/06/2020 10:54 am
Tm4n
 Tm4n
(@tm4n)
Posted by: @equidamoid

Oh guys, after half a year, I finally got "The Mail" a ~week ago, and was supposed to receive the printer today.... but, being an awesome delivery company, DPD decided to just send it back, claiming that the address is bad (person on the phone said there is nothing wrong with it). 

Also their tracking shows that the package is 100kg (and I doubt Prusa put 10 printers there...).

So again, some more weeks, probably...

Wow, exactly the same happend to my DPD package. Are you also located in Germany?
I complained to DPD, they said they can't have me verify the address since the package is from abroad. What kind of excuse is that?
Then I chatted with prusa support, they are trying to sort it out. No progress so far.

Opublikowany : 15/06/2020 10:57 am
John Doe
(@john-doe-3)
Estimable Member

@equidamoid

Call again the DPD helpdesk to verify your post address. And at the same time, record the call (tell them you do it just in case). And send the recording to PRUSA and require that they send it on their expense via other delivery company. And the cost should they take from the 'bad delivery" company.

Opublikowany : 15/06/2020 11:41 am
burtronix
(@burtronix)
Reputable Member

How hot is your Z axis stepper? Mine is the hottest of all the steppers. Unplesant to keep hand on hot. Like 50°C I guess.

I haven't touched my steppers while printing. I have a cheap. IR thermometer around somewhere. If I find it I'll check. Any other Mini threads report this? 

Whatever you find to do with your hands, do with all your might!

Opublikowany : 15/06/2020 11:42 am
equi
 equi
(@equi)
Posted by: @kiwo

@equidamoid

Call again the DPD helpdesk to verify your post address. And at the same time, record the call (tell them you do it just in case). And send the recording to PRUSA and require that they send it on their expense via other delivery company. And the cost should they take from the 'bad delivery" company.

Isn't it what happens "by default"? Delivery didn't happen (I haven't signed anything) -> it's between Prusa and DPD.
At least in my previous "DPD experiences" the shops just re-sent the goods.

Opublikowany : 15/06/2020 11:57 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @burtronix

I haven't touched my steppers while printing. I have a cheap. IR thermometer around somewhere. If I find it I'll check. Any other Mini threads report this? 

I haven't find any thread about the Z stepper getting hot. Few are about extruder stepper getting hot but none about Z. I would measure it as well but I lent my thermometer to the local kindergarten (because of covid, there was undersupply).

Opublikowany : 15/06/2020 11:59 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

I suppose it is the most under-stress stepper because it it needs to keep the position at all times.

Opublikowany : 15/06/2020 12:01 pm
Strona 185 / 241
Share: