Clear all

Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread  

Page 153 / 241
  RSS
herbert
(@herbert)
Estimable Member
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread

I built mine yesterday evening and calibrated the first layer using - http://projects.ttlexceeded.com/3dprinting_live_z_calibration.html and the linked gcode for the mini in https://forum.prusa3d.com/forum/original-prusa-i3-mk3s-mk3-assembly-and-first-prints-troubleshooting/life-adjust-z-my-way/

took some time, but this morning I was able to print the benchy and ended up with this - I was impressed 😀 what do you say ?

Posted : 11/04/2020 9:42 am
NathanWms and Nox liked
Matteo Cristini
(@matteo-cristini)
Reputable Member

@herbert

Looks great!

Posted : 11/04/2020 9:46 am
herbert liked
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

I looked on the updated shipping table and my printer shifted two more weeks :-/ should be 25th4, then 25th5 and now 15th6 :-/. Don't get how they ramped up production and yet the ETA shifts.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 11/04/2020 9:55 am
Steve Smith
(@steve-smith)
Trusted Member

@hawwwran

Yup I just checked for mine and it has also slipped another 2 weeks.. I am calling BS on this blog.. No way if they are doing 140 per day should it have slipped... this will be a 2 months delay from the original delivery date.

My Mini has: A SuperPINDA + Bondtech Heatbreak + Bondtech Extruder installed

Posted : 11/04/2020 10:08 am
Matteo Cristini
(@matteo-cristini)
Reputable Member

Unrelated, but has anybody who purchased the filament sensor verified if it's working in the latest firmware? I tested mine (cut the filament mid-print) but it did not detect anything, and the printer kept on going...

Posted : 11/04/2020 10:28 am
Nox
 Nox
(@nox)

@hawwwran

I don't know how many Minis per day they produced before, but maybe they ramped up the production just slightly and additionally had a significantly lower output for the last weeks because of Corona. Or in their original calculation the production output should be much higher right now (e.g. 200 Minis per day) but isn't because of Corona.

Posted : 11/04/2020 11:04 am
Pre
 Pre
(@pre)

@hawwwran

same here i would be getting my mini sent next week but now its in 2 weeks time it  soon will be half a year i cant wait any more :OOO

Posted : 11/04/2020 11:04 am
reasonableprinting
(@reasonableprinting)

@stephensmith

I can help you understand. They have most probably calculated the lead times according to an expected increased output per day, so 140 might be higher than before, but not as high as expected. We are in a global crisis here, I would be happy to receive something this year at all, rather than complaining, some realism helps here.

Posted : 11/04/2020 11:05 am
adynis
(@adynis)
Eminent Member

Shipping Table for MINI was updated today 🙁

My order is shifted 2 more weeks 🙁 (from 27 May to 15 June)

https://help.prusa3d.com/en/article/shipping-information_2297

Posted : 11/04/2020 11:11 am
Matteo Cristini
(@matteo-cristini)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @matteo-cristini

Unrelated, but has anybody who purchased the filament sensor verified if it's working in the latest firmware? I tested mine (cut the filament mid-print) but it did not detect anything, and the printer kept on going...

Found the issue, one of the screws was too tight and prevented the little arm inside from moving. Now the sensor works as expected.

Posted : 11/04/2020 11:31 am
Andi
 Andi
(@andi-5)
Eminent Member

Alright, I think i encountered my first firmware bug in 4.0.5. I switched from textured to smooth sheet and reclicked live adjust z. When prompted if I want to use the last value as a base I clicked no to start at 0 again. However, after I turned z down to -1.2 (a bit less than what I had with the textured sheet) and the nozzle was still too high, I had the feeling that something is wrong as other users reported numblers in the -0.9... range. Thats when I decided to leave z at -1.2 and just try to print something to see if it really is still too high... and I scratched my smooth PEI sheet...

After I reset the printer by pulling the power cord and startet z calibration again, again chosing to reset to 0, everything worked alright and I got a z of -0.985 for the smooth sheet.

Also I don't quite understand why with normal prints the nozzle cools down to 170° for mesh leveling but when running the live adjust z calibration, it does the leveling at 215° spreading PLA debris around on the board. 

Third thing i recognized is when doing color changes in prusaslicer, the printer ejects the old filament, cools down and waits in the "insert new filament and press continue" menu. But if you hit continue, it's stuck at the inserting stage as it has to wait for the nozzle to heat up again. This way you are stuck pushing the filament in for a whole minute, as you don't see exactly when it starts loading.

I tried PLA and PETG on both beds now, and I think I like PLA more on the smooth sheet and PETG just sticks a bit better to the textured sheet without having to risk destroying the sheet if it is too clean. 

This post was modified 4 years ago by Andi
Posted : 11/04/2020 12:10 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@matteo-cristini

My filament sensor works.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 11/04/2020 12:56 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @p-boehm89

@stephensmith

I can help you understand. They have most probably calculated the lead times according to an expected increased output per day, so 140 might be higher than before, but not as high as expected. We are in a global crisis here, I would be happy to receive something this year at all, rather than complaining, some realism helps here.

Prusa said the corona corona didn't affect the production. It's just kind of diappointing to see end of november to ship, but my 24th12 order to be still two months away from being shipped. Let's say it's two months of orders before mine. That would mean they still didnnot catch up with the orders.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 11/04/2020 1:14 pm
Steve Smith
(@steve-smith)
Trusted Member
Posted by: @p-boehm89

@stephensmith

Oh I understand fully...

Another 6000 Prusa Minis before mine is shipped.. and I have to come chasing information here.. You would think these length of delays everyone would get a status update.. even if it was an automated message from Prusa..

My Mini has: A SuperPINDA + Bondtech Heatbreak + Bondtech Extruder installed

Posted : 11/04/2020 3:07 pm
Matteo Cristini
(@matteo-cristini)
Reputable Member

@charles-h13

Thank you 🙂 mine works now, too

Posted : 11/04/2020 3:17 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

@stephensmith

Exactly. If about 6000 printers should be shipped until mine (140 daily for two months), does that mean 2000 printers were shipped until now as Prusa said 8000 of them were ordered in january? Strange

Posted : 11/04/2020 3:22 pm
Nox
 Nox
(@nox)
Posted by: @hawwwran
Prusa said the corona corona didn't affect the production.

I don't think that it didn't affect the production. Especially when they are producing 55000 face shields "by the way".

In the blog post from 19.3. Jo Prusa wrote "We didn’t have to put any heavy limits on our production or stop it completely [...]" what from my understanding also means, that they indeed had to put at least some limits on their production.

Posted : 11/04/2020 7:34 pm
honuvo
(@honuvo)

@stephensmith

Hi, just to be a little more specific, what they say in the blog was:

Plus, we’re ramping up the production with this month’s target of 140 MINIs manufactured every day.  

So it's a goal, not that it has been accomplished.

But I feel everybodys pain of waiting. Initially I should get mine at beginning of july, now it's the end. But still happy they are working at all and aren't locked down.

Posted : 12/04/2020 11:45 am
Texy
 Texy
(@texy)
Reputable Member

My Mini is due to arrive tomorrow. Those that have received there’s within the last few days, which firmware version was on the supplied USB stick?

Texy

Posted : 13/04/2020 7:12 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

Sorry for the delay. There were no orders marked as shipped yesterday.

But for the 11th4:

There were two orders marked as shipped in our spreadsheet.

One from 2nd11

One from 5th11

Three orders were marked as delivered.

My educated guess on my printers ETA is 14th5 (which is now month earlier then the shipping table). I'll look at my algorithm to check whether I'm sure with that date 🙂

Posted : 13/04/2020 7:55 am
Page 153 / 241
Share: