Page 141 / 241
  RSS
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread

@icephoenix

I was told the design is to be able to inspect your feces for parasites

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 24/03/2020 4:26 pm
vbl
 vbl
(@vbl)
Posted by: @tom-6

@bruce-p4

I must have this disorder because I keep coming back and I already received my Mini.

Same here. What more, my Mini was a Xmas gift for my father so in fact not even my Mini!

However, the discussion here is getting unexpected twists, from mini shipping times to Italy lockdown and toilet types used in different countries...

Posted : 24/03/2020 4:27 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @highrock

@matteo-cristini

Yup, the story is evolving.. Repubblica.it originally had it as a headline news item but now it's in the detail of the story.

When you think about it, a single infected person flying into a country has been enough to trigger a breakout, so it's logical that the lockdowns will have to remain until no-one is infected.. in the UK we're a couple of weeks behind you, but it's already pretty much looking like a couple of months of severe restrictions.

Good luck everyone

I'm worried for UK because of the "let it flow" approach Johnson took. Should I worry not?

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 24/03/2020 4:27 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @matteo-cristini

Ok, I've gathered some information and it looks like it could last until july if the situation does not get any better, but they'll decide monthly if prolonging the lockdown is needed.

Thank goodness I bought one liter of IPA before the pandemic, two spools of prusament back at the Rome Maker Faire and added one more in my order. If I do end up receiving my first printer before I die of boredom (which will happen in a matter of days at this point), I'll at least have all the necessary supplies 🙂

Our government said the CZ could be closed for years.

Posted : 24/03/2020 4:30 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @vaclav-blazek

@hawwwran

Well, I've almost never seen a bidet in CZ. Maybe people buy it when they equip their new houses or larger appartments. But older/smaller appartments? No place to put such huge piece of porcelain to. It's quite common to have a washing machine in the kitchen to get some room in the bathroom. My (separate from bathroom) toilet room is big enough just to host a bowl and its user.

Well it depends on the space you have. To say it better. It's not uncommon here, definitely not a tabu, but not a necessity.

Posted : 24/03/2020 4:33 pm
Matt
 Matt
(@matt-2)
Trusted Member
Posted by: @hawwwran

I'm worried for UK because of the "let it flow" approach Johnson took. Should I worry not?

Worry for the UK only if you're stuck here with us. I think Boris is starting to learn that the fidelity of the population in this country is far removed from the fabled community-spirited, WWII make-do-and-mend citizens of old that he likes to conjure images of. Nowadays enough people won't do what they're told unless the government makes it personally uncomfortable to disobey.

I've got my Minis now, but I haven't had time to do anything with mine (I'm in one of those jobs that is deemed essential and I can't do my job remotely from home), and I can't give the other to a friend of mine yet because unlike many people I've seen on the news, we both respect the rules and understand how serious this all is.

Posted : 24/03/2020 6:36 pm
vbl liked
xhillb61
(@xhillb61)
Trusted Member

@tom-6

Already got my 2nd, I´m still here, it´s quite entertaining...

Posted : 24/03/2020 6:44 pm
Matteo Cristini
(@matteo-cristini)
Reputable Member

This is starting to get annoying though. The spreadsheet shows that even more orders after mine (and I'm talking about order date, not number!) have been shipped already while mine hasn't, and chat support won't give me further information. It feels so unfair, especially since the wait sums up to five months. 

I could live with all the delays because of the parts and the virus and so on but this, this is kind of pissing me off a little.

Hope no one of you guys will go through the same experience because it's so frustrating.

Posted : 25/03/2020 7:48 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There were four orders marked as shipped in our spreadsheet yesterday. I'm not sure about the exact days, but few were from 24th10

There was one order from 14th10 directly marked as delivered.

There was one order marked as delivered.

Posted : 25/03/2020 7:59 am
Matteo Cristini
(@matteo-cristini)
Reputable Member

@hawwwran

Thank you for your daily update 🙂

Posted : 25/03/2020 8:01 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @

One is glad to be of service

Posted : 25/03/2020 8:03 am
Jason Dean
(@jason-dean)

Yesterday I had a sudden realisation, my delivery location was where I work...which is now closed as we are all working from home...

Thanks to Prusa support for quickly getting that changed (Mine could be shipped at any point).

Posted : 25/03/2020 9:14 am
Andi
 Andi
(@andi-5)
Eminent Member

@matteo-cristini

Just be patient. Prusa said the orders from 21st-27th should ship from 23rd. As the next slot starts at 30th, I would guess that they should have shipped the majority of the minis from that time slot until 30th.

Posted : 25/03/2020 10:41 am
Matteo Cristini
(@matteo-cristini)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @icephoenix

@matteo-cristini

Just be patient. Prusa said the orders from 21st-27th should ship from 23rd. As the next slot starts at 30th, I would guess that they should have shipped the majority of the minis from that time slot until 30th.

I'd hope so. I was just saying that once again there seems to be no logic behind the shipping order they're following. One would assume they'd ship all the orders from say the 21st, then move on to the 22nd and so on, at least to show some respect to their customer who payed five months ahead something that isn't exactly inexpensive.

Posted : 25/03/2020 10:48 am
Matteo Cristini
(@matteo-cristini)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @mai-19

(Mine could be shipped at any point).

Hope it is true at least for you 🙂 I thought the same for mine too many times...

Posted : 25/03/2020 10:50 am
Jason Dean
(@jason-dean)

@matteo-cristini

To be honest, I'm just happy for a chance to get one at all in this current situation. I've got things to occupy me while I wait due to new VR toy ;-). Hmm, I wonder if there is anything I can print for the Oculus Rift S... 😉

Posted : 25/03/2020 10:58 am
Matteo Cristini
(@matteo-cristini)
Reputable Member

Sorry for sounding a little angry guys, but this whole quarantine thing has put me in a quite bad mood. I beg your pardon 🙂

Posted : 25/03/2020 11:00 am
WouterV
(@wouterv)
Eminent Member

Sorry to hear that they're so slow with yours Matteo! Mine just got shipped yesterday (ordered on October 23rd), I'm not in the spreadsheet btw. I'm happy that after 5 months my first 3D-printer is finally coming - time to make some ventilation system adapters.

Posted : 25/03/2020 12:31 pm
Matteo Cristini
(@matteo-cristini)
Reputable Member

I think they're punishing my greed for having chosen the second cheapest shipping option 😆 🤣 

Posted : 25/03/2020 12:36 pm
Matteo Cristini
(@matteo-cristini)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @matteo-cristini

Aaaand of course I did not get any emails today. Hoping for better luck tomorrow... 

Aaaand no such luck yesterday, or today for that matter.

Posted : 25/03/2020 4:31 pm
Page 141 / 241
Share: