Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread  

Stránka 118 / 241
  RSS
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread

@clemens-m

It's not specific for the MINI, so I guess general discussion then. Thanks.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Napsal : 24/02/2020 8:51 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

In case anyone is interested: https://forum.prusa3d.com/forum/general-discussion-announcements-and-releases/fire-safety/

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Napsal : 24/02/2020 9:09 am
Andi
 Andi
(@andi-5)
Eminent Member

Still looking for an enclosure, might just be the lack one because it's cheap

Napsal : 24/02/2020 10:58 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

16th of october is being shipped today FYI

Napsal : 24/02/2020 11:12 am
Clemens M.
(@clemens-m)
Noble Member

@hawwwran

I am 15th of October - no shipping yet.

Best regards, Clemens

Mini, i3 MK2.5S, i3 MK4, CClone (Eigenbau)

Napsal : 24/02/2020 11:19 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @clemens-m

@hawwwran

I am 15th of October - no shipping yet.

Best regards, Clemens

I'm sorry to hear that, but two orders from the 16th od october were marked as shipped today none the less.

Napsal : 24/02/2020 12:26 pm
sjrocky
(@sjrocky)
Eminent Member

Woo hoo! Notification from FedEx that they got my package today!!!!

for some reason I’m unable to mark my order as “shipped” on the spread sheet, so if I could get one of you guys to do it...

October 14th order ends 343666.  Thanks in advance!

Matteo, buddy, be well and take care!

This post was modified před 4 years by sjrocky
Napsal : 24/02/2020 1:10 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

@scott-r20

Done

Napsal : 24/02/2020 1:12 pm
sjrocky
(@sjrocky)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @hawwwran

@scott-r20

Done

Thanks!

Napsal : 24/02/2020 1:13 pm
sjrocky
(@sjrocky)
Eminent Member

I’m glad it shipped, and FedEx says it will be there on Wednesday.  

The bad part is, I’m on vacation, and it will be home for two-three weeks before I get to open it up.  

ugh

Napsal : 24/02/2020 1:15 pm
Clemens M.
(@clemens-m)
Noble Member

@scott-r20

Send it to me, I can make that for you - no problem 😉 (have a nice vacation)

Best regards, Clemens

Napsal : 24/02/2020 1:35 pm
sjrocky se líbí
Andi
 Andi
(@andi-5)
Eminent Member

At my local hackerspace someone gave the PEI sheet of our Prusa i3 mk2s the acetone treatment... The sheet completely ripped off with the print. Maybe that's the reason why I am looking forward to the textured sheet so much, as there should be no need for even using separators with petg.

Good thing is, we might be buying the MK2.5 Update now 🙂

Napsal : 24/02/2020 10:02 pm
Clemens M.
(@clemens-m)
Noble Member
Posted by: @icephoenix

... Good thing is, we might be buying the MK2.5 Update now 🙂

I can recommend this update 100%, I own a i3 MK2S and updated it to 2.5S and it is worth every €.

Best regards, Clemens

Napsal : 24/02/2020 10:14 pm
Skewed Perception
(@skewed-perception)
Trusted Member

What I wanted to drop off as info, but didn't get around to yet... printer build quality.

Yes, it is still an issue. People receiving Minis, check the build of your machine before diving into it.

Mini 1 (mine): Ultra loose Y axis belt. I knew from my MK3(S) that this was way too loose and to what issues this would lead (layer shift, XYZ calibration failure) so I corrected it right away before even turning it on.

Mini 2 (dad's): Borderline too loose Y axis belt (still works, but tightening a bit would be much safer), plus way overtightened idler which led to filament unloading issues. Both printers were fed with the exact same filament brand/type; unloading on mine worked flawlessly while unloading on his would get the filament stuck inside the printer with the Bondtech gears grinding the hell out of the string.

I definitely would have preferred to buy the Mini as a kit that I can fully assemble from single parts, just like my i3. Having a stranger build my machine doesn't give me much trust in it, especially when seeing how many shipped machines are badly built.

Napsal : 24/02/2020 11:48 pm
Crawlerin
(@crawlerin)
Prominent Member

@julianr

It's great advantage if you know something about 3D printers already, built a printer and know how to mainain them. I consider building MK3S excellent opportunity to get to learn how it works. Many people who own Prusa printers already ordered MINI too. MK3S kit is good for DIYers, while MINI is trying to aim for more general populace and make it appear more like appliance. But it's not quite there yet, those machines are still fiddly and if newbie does not know anything and haven't had inti. ate relationship with it while assembling, he or she gets lost. And unless its a showstopper issue worth mentioning on quick errata thrown in, I don't see Prusa putting list of things to check and fix with new printer. It would kind of make it look... bad.

That being said, I'd totally welcome it being kit too.

This post was modified před 4 years by Crawlerin
Napsal : 25/02/2020 2:39 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There were twelve orders marked as shipped in the following spreadsheet yesterday. All of them are orders from the 16th of october. We have reached new milestone order 345607.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cEUO-8AQevqBbD37C25bSPWbb3Lpk6q_-WZuZ0HOIOY

Napsal : 25/02/2020 5:58 am
Rick
 Rick
(@rick)
Trusted Member
Posted by: @hawwwran

There were twelve orders marked as shipped in the following spreadsheet yesterday. All of them are orders from the 16th of october. We have reached new milestone order 345607.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cEUO-8AQevqBbD37C25bSPWbb3Lpk6q_-WZuZ0HOIOY

I noticed that orders higher than mine from Oct 16 show as shipped but mine has not shipped. Then I noticed that no orders that include the sensor are shipped. I’m wondering if they’re missing a component for the sensor. (Maybe something they’re not getting from China?)

Napsal : 25/02/2020 6:36 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

@matteo-cristini

OT:

I wonder. How do you buy yourself food now in the quarantine? We are are used to buy food regurarily and ant fresh. Not ready for the possibility that it will be impossible to buy food. How does it work there right now?

Napsal : 25/02/2020 8:02 am
xhillb61
(@xhillb61)
Trusted Member
Posted by: @icephoenix

At my local hackerspace someone gave the PEI sheet of our Prusa i3 mk2s the acetone treatment... The sheet completely ripped off with the print. Maybe that's the reason why I am looking forward to the textured sheet so much, as there should be no need for even using separators with petg.

Good thing is, we might be buying the MK2.5 Update now 🙂

Giving the PEI sheet an acetone treatment before printing PETG is not really smart. Before printing PLA ist ok.

The adhesion after an acetone treatment is better than with a new sheet, combined with sticky PETG the result doesn´t surprise me.

Cheers

Napsal : 25/02/2020 8:04 am
Matteo Cristini
(@matteo-cristini)
Reputable Member

OT

@scott-r20

Thank you Scott!

@hawwwran

The situation is thankfully getting better. I'm in the yellow zone and groceries shops and supermarkets are open regularly - some of the staff wears masks and gloves, but everything still works fine and there's no shortage of supplies. Churches, cinemas, museums, schools and everything else have been closed for at least this week. We can leave the house although we're advised not to unless necessary.

I've seen on the news that in the red zone, some shops are open but let in only a number - say 40 - people at a time and they give them masks at the entrance. The worst thing about the red zone is that you can't get back in if you leave it and cannot get out if you go there - there's police stops on the main roads. It makes sense, but it must be annoying for the ones who live there.

Napsal : 25/02/2020 8:42 am
sjrocky se líbí
Stránka 118 / 241
Share: