I wish mine came out that good!

Posted : 23/02/2020 7:33 pm
Sfyfe
(@sfyfe)
Eminent Member
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread
Posted by: @matteo-cristini

@frankincell

I'm in Lombardy, northern Italy. The town is close to Milan. My university (polimi) will be closed for a week, every event has been cancelled, and they recommended us not to go around unless necessary, which means I'll be at home all the time. There's already been a death here, which is kinda sad. Hope it'll get better soon

Stay safe Matteo! Let us know any updates!

Posted : 23/02/2020 7:36 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

@matteo-cristini

Keep us posted. I should be in Val di Fiemme in two weeks. Hope it's far enough.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 23/02/2020 7:38 pm
Matteo Cristini
(@matteo-cristini)
Reputable Member

@fyferoni

Thanks, I will. Thankfully I'm still in the yellow zone, people in the red one have it even worse...

@hawwwran

Thank you. Yes it's quite far, although a case has been found in that region too. Hope it'll be the only one but time will tell.

Posted : 23/02/2020 7:48 pm
ArmedLeftist
(@armedleftist)
Eminent Member
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread (hijack re: MK3S. Sorry.)

Since all of you have been following the Mini delivery topic so closely, my guess is that you've all gotten a very good sense of how All-Things-Shipping work with Prusa.

to the hijack.....I ordered a preassembled Orange MK3S this morning (coming to Colorado USA). The website says "one to two weeks" but maybe that is just the stock response that is perhaps somewhat different from reality?

Any thoughts on what a more accurate guesstimate might be? (if you say "two days" (and you're right), I'll send you a case of beer)  😉

Every man I meet is in some way my superior. --Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posted : 23/02/2020 8:49 pm
K7ZPJ
(@k7zpj)
Reputable Member

@armedleftist

The lead time in the shipping table is the time from the order having the payment confirmed to when it is shipped.

You add the shipping time to the lead time to get the estimated date range for the delivery of the printer.

Shipping time for the US ranges 3 to 7 days so worst case for the MK3s would be 21 days.  A safe guess is 2 to 3 weeks.

(However, I should mention the 7 day order penalty wait for posting in the wrong forum.)  😉 😉 

Posted : 23/02/2020 9:33 pm
Krope
(@krope)
Eminent Member

I partially read something about a problem with the heatbed, therefore only briefly, does the mini have a problem with the heating bed?
Are the heating bed cables squeezed or Somthing?

Posted : 23/02/2020 10:04 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@matteo-cristini

Wow,

Shutdown.  How many cases caused the shut down?

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 23/02/2020 10:04 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@kropexx

Not a major problem according to Prusa.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 23/02/2020 10:05 pm
RetroBill
(@retrobill)
Estimable Member

Ok, Support had me reset my mini and redo the first layer. Then they had me print the dog,

I think I turned out real good.

What do you guys think? Is my printer OK?

Posted : 23/02/2020 10:14 pm
Krope
(@krope)
Eminent Member

@charles-h13

ok but there is a Problem ?

Posted : 23/02/2020 10:36 pm
ArmedLeftist
(@armedleftist)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @bruce-p4

@armedleftist

The lead time in the shipping table is the time from the order having the payment confirmed to when it is shipped.

You add the shipping time to the lead time to get the estimated date range for the delivery of the printer.

Shipping time for the US ranges 3 to 7 days so worst case for the MK3s would be 21 days.  A safe guess is 2 to 3 weeks.

(However, I should mention the 7 day order penalty wait for posting in the wrong forum.)  😉 😉 

Thanks!

I always believe in going where the experts are! 😉

Every man I meet is in some way my superior. --Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posted : 23/02/2020 10:47 pm
K7ZPJ
(@k7zpj)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @kropexx

I partially read something about a problem with the heatbed, therefore only briefly, does the mini have a problem with the heating bed?
Are the heating bed cables squeezed or Somthing?

This link explains the perceived problem with the heat bed connections and Prusa's response to the community's concerns.

https://help.prusa3d.com/en/article/heatbed-connection-resistance-analysis-mini_114422#summary

Posted : 24/02/2020 12:41 am
Pete Brown
(@pete-brown)
Trusted Member
Posted by: @k9bub

Ok, Support had me reset my mini and redo the first layer. Then they had me print the dog,

I think I turned out real good.

What do you guys think? Is my printer OK?

Maybe. The dog doesn't tell you if things are square.

Posted : 24/02/2020 1:23 am
RetroBill
(@retrobill)
Estimable Member

@pete-b3

what on the usb stick will tell us?

Posted : 24/02/2020 1:26 am
Pete Brown
(@pete-brown)
Trusted Member
Posted by: @k9bub

@pete-b3

what on the usb stick will tell us?

Some measuring will tell you. Additionally, a square or cube can help. None of these are on the stick. I have a thread that shows the issues I ran into and what I did to fix them. Might give you some ideas as to what to look for.

FWIW, I printed a Totoro before all that, and it came out fine. You really only notice the issues if you get a failed print, something in a big print looks wrong, or you're trying to print something that needs to be correctly sized and square (like mechanical parts).

https://forum.prusa3d.com/forum/assembly-and-first-prints-troubleshooting/now-i-know-why-ive-had-so-many-problems-this-evening-x-axis-out-of-parallel/

Pete

Posted : 24/02/2020 1:57 am
Matteo Cristini
(@matteo-cristini)
Reputable Member

@charles-h13

Around 100 across the region, which is about 2/3 of the cases in italy.

Well they haven't completely shut down everything (yet), but there's not a single soul down in the streets

Posted : 24/02/2020 6:06 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There were four orders marked as shipped yesterday in the following spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cEUO-8AQevqBbD37C25bSPWbb3Lpk6q_-WZuZ0HOIOY

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 24/02/2020 6:23 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

I've finished fire safety box preparation for new MINI. I have non-prusa printer in there until the MINI comes. I would like to share my final solution. Where should I start a thread about fire safety on this forum to be on topic?

Posted : 24/02/2020 8:22 am
Clemens M.
(@clemens-m)
Noble Member

If it is specific for MINI (what I don´t think) put it to "Original Prusa MINI / General discussion, ..." - I would place it to English forum / General Discussion ...", but there are lots of places to put it and all of them will make sense.

Best regards,

Clemens

Mini, i3 MK2.5S, i3 MK4, CClone (Eigenbau)

Posted : 24/02/2020 8:33 am
Page 117 / 241
Share: