Clear all

Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread  

Page 116 / 241
  RSS
Frankincell
(@frankincell)
Estimable Member
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread

Any quality filament that has strict diameter quality control.  I have some super cheap crap that varies from 1.5 to 2.0 and when it hits the 2.0 section it gets stuck in the bowden tube.   Anything that actually keeps the diameter between 1.7 and 1.8 will be fine.  Theoretically that means they can have an accuracy of +/-0.05 but I've found some cheap stuff that claims that and lies.  So far I've used HatchBox, 3DSolutech, Sunlu, and eSun without issue.  I just purchased a few roles of Prusament from Prusa (arriving tomorrow) and a couple roles from Dikale, which I haven't tried yet.  The Hatchbox orange is very stringy in any printer, but the rest of the colors are fine.

All your filament are belong to us!

Posted : 22/02/2020 8:00 pm
Frankincell
(@frankincell)
Estimable Member

@tischan

Excellent, yes, having the benchy come loose will keep the print head on the chimney and melt the whole thing, so that's probably it.

Also, excellent advice to only change one thing at a time if you can.

Posted : 22/02/2020 8:02 pm
Frankincell
(@frankincell)
Estimable Member

@julianr

I haven't noticed any issues and my file names are fairly long...

I only put the print I'm currently printing in the root and I move the file into my "Printed" folder if it completes successfully .

Here's a screenshot of my "Printed" folder...  

Posted : 22/02/2020 8:07 pm
RetroBill
(@retrobill)
Estimable Member

@frankincel @Pete-b3

With using you live z value I was able to dial in my live Z! Thanks!

I am printing my first test. Will let you know how it goes!

Posted : 22/02/2020 8:31 pm
Rick
 Rick
(@rick)
Trusted Member

I checked the shipping info page today and it shows that Oct 15 and 16 orders are now currently shipping. 

Posted : 22/02/2020 9:02 pm
burtronix liked
Skewed Perception
(@skewed-perception)
Trusted Member

Well I sort of keep an archive of all my print-ready files on the SD/USB stick grouped by model and sometimes category (I usually have more than one gcode for a particular model, since I have fine-tuned profiles for the different brands of material I use).

For the file names I use the stuff PrusaSlicer generates as a base but expand it.

JRMakerCoin/
-- 39x3.2/
-- -- mc=39x3.2_0.2mm_PLAdf_MINI_E26m_0.83M_2.49g.gcode
-- 39x3.2@45deg/
-- -- 16x/
-- -- -- mc=39x3.2@45deg-16x_0.2mm_PETfx_MINI_E5h25m_13.36M_40.80g.gcode

-16x = sixteen identical objects on the platter

E26m = E for estimate. In earlier versions of Slic3r the estimates weren't as accurate as they are now, so I started marking the print time in the file names with E/estimate and after a successful print with A/actual. I sort of developed the habit of always adding the E at the time of gcode generation, even if it's no longer really necessary.

0.83M, 2.49g = pretty self-explanatory, filament consumption.

I will also mark ColorPrint files as such in their file name, and if it's hard to remember in which order the colors need to be loaded that order will also land in the file name.

And well, a file under /JRMakerCoin/39x3.2/mc=39x3.2_0.2mm_PLAdf_MINI_E26m_0.83M_2.49g.gcode will simply not print. But if I move that file into the root directory of the USB drive, it does. Firmware has a long way of reaching maturity. Weird bugs...

Posted : 22/02/2020 9:24 pm
Matt
 Matt
(@matt-2)
Trusted Member
Posted by: @julianr

..a file under /JRMakerCoin/39x3.2/mc=39x3.2_0.2mm_PLAdf_MINI_E26m_0.83M_2.49g.gcode will simply not print. But if I move that file into the root directory of the USB drive, it does. Firmware has a long way of reaching maturity. Weird bugs...

My first thoughts are that as the file in the root directory works, it's either going to be total file path length, folder depth, or uninterpretable characters in the folder names that are holding it up. I'd be tempted to see if it can print, for example:

• _JRMakerCoin_39x3.2_mc=39x3.2_0.2mm_PLAdf_MINI_E26m_0.83M_2.49g.gcode (gcode named as the whole file path but with underscores replacing backslashes. Same file path length but in root directory.)
  • /JRMakerCoin_39x3.2/mc=39x3.2_0.2mm_PLAdf_MINI_E26m_0.83M_2.49g.gcode (File only in one nested folder but named as both original nested folders with an underscore replacing the backslash. Same file path length but only one folder deep.)
  • /J/3/m.gcode (Original folder depth but short file path length.)
  • /JRMakerCoin/39x302/mc=39x3.2_0.2mm_PLAdf_MINI_E26m_0.83M_2.49g.gcode (Replaced the full stop, or period if that's your preferred name for it, in the folder name with a zero. It is obviously fine with them in the filename, but maybe not with folders?)

That might be enlightening as to what file properties are causing the prints to fail, and following on from that, subtle file name changes might help to zero in on the exact condition that causes it to stop working.

Posted : 22/02/2020 9:58 pm
RetroBill
(@retrobill)
Estimable Member

Here is my first print.  How did it turn out?

Posted : 22/02/2020 11:07 pm
Frankincell
(@frankincell)
Estimable Member

@k9bub

LOL  You have inadvertently won the "Ugliest Sheep in the World" award!

Is that printed directly from the included sample prints on the USB?  Or did you slice it yourself and choose PETG instead of PLA ?

Posted : 23/02/2020 2:39 am
RetroBill liked
Frankincell
(@frankincell)
Estimable Member

@julianr

I would avoid using the following characters in filenames.

" * / : < > ? \ | + , . ; = [ ] ! @

I know that some are allowed, but they don't carry well across multiple operating systems.

Stick with - and _ 

Posted : 23/02/2020 2:46 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

Wierd sheep:  Under-extrusion?  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 23/02/2020 3:07 am
Frankincell
(@frankincell)
Estimable Member

Well, I hadn't printed the sheep yet, but I wanted to test that Dikale filament..   so...

Amazing what a dot of black sharpy will do....

Baaaaaaaa

Posted : 23/02/2020 6:53 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There were no orders marked as shipped in our spreadsheet yesterday (  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1cEUO-8AQevqBbD37C25bSPWbb3Lpk6q_-WZuZ0HOIOY )

It seems they do ship on weekends. My order of filaments was marked as shipped today (sunday morning)

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 23/02/2020 7:30 am
vbl
 vbl
(@vbl)
Posted by: @hawwwran

There were no orders marked as shipped in our spreadsheet yesterday (  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1cEUO-8AQevqBbD37C25bSPWbb3Lpk6q_-WZuZ0HOIOY )

It seems they do ship on weekends. My order of filaments was marked as shipped today (sunday morning)

Same here, I ordered some stuff marked as "In Stock" on Monday morning. It took them 6 full days to dig through the order queue to mine so they are really burried under the heap of minis. However: the notification email only means "packed and ready to be picked up by the carrier."

Yes, they work on weekends. I went to Prusa on the Friday before Xmas to pick up a 3D priting handbook (so my dad would find at least something physical under the tree since his-to-be printer was not even made yet) and as I was waiting for the guy behind the counter to sort out the paperwork another guy came in with hands full of packages he stacked on a huge pile of stuff ready to go and I overheard them chatting about days they'd be at work. As I understood they are operating all around the week.

I'd say they take shipping seriously, definitely not the usual "we are closed for two weeks, see you in January" modus operandi of many of Czech companies (including the one I work for).

This post was modified 4 years ago by vbl
Posted : 23/02/2020 8:50 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@hawwwran

They rarely ship on Saturdays.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 23/02/2020 1:26 pm
Matteo Cristini
(@matteo-cristini)
Reputable Member

Guys, my town has been completely sealed off because of the virus, something tells me shipping companies won't come here for a long while... Hope the situation will be resolved before march 11, or the wait'll get even longer 🙁 wish us luck!

Posted : 23/02/2020 6:00 pm
Frankincell
(@frankincell)
Estimable Member

@matteo-cristini

Egads! What town are you in?   I hope things clear up soon.  Even this flu should only last a short while.

Posted : 23/02/2020 6:04 pm
Matteo Cristini
(@matteo-cristini)
Reputable Member

@frankincell

I'm in Lombardy, northern Italy. The town is close to Milan. My university (polimi) will be closed for a week, every event has been cancelled, and they recommended us not to go around unless necessary, which means I'll be at home all the time. There's already been a death here, which is kinda sad. Hope it'll get better soon

Posted : 23/02/2020 6:09 pm
RetroBill
(@retrobill)
Estimable Member

@frankincell

you can say that again!

Posted : 23/02/2020 7:30 pm
RetroBill
(@retrobill)
Estimable Member