Notifications
Clear all

Maxtemp Error Print Head #12206  

RSS
Eliot Lytle
(@eliot-lytle)
Maxtemp Error Print Head #12206

Hi all,

I got the Maxtemp Error and then proceeded to replace the Thermister cable, easy right? I then boot the printer back up and and immediately got the Maxtemp error on startup even after replacing the damaged Thermister cable. Boo! My next move was to replace the Hotend Heater Cartridge but I wanted to see if anyone had any other suggestions before unwrapping all the wires again.

The odd thing is after I pulled off the old Thermistor cable I checked the resistance and it was all over the place when I moved the wire which lead me to believe the Thermister wire had indeed been stressed or broken. I felt so clever....

It's totally possible one event could have damaged both the Hotend Heater Cart and Thermistor at the same time but I've got a feeling I'm missing some other option.

Does anyone have any experience with the Maxtemp Error #12206 happening when you turn the printer on? Before replacing the Thermistor wire it would happen at random times, after replacing the Thermistor it can't get past startup?

Thanks!

Posted : 19/03/2024 8:22 pm
Holger
(@holger-2)
Honorable Member
RE: Maxtemp Error Print Head #12206

Does anyone have any experience with the Maxtemp Error #12206 happening when you turn the printer on? Before replacing the Thermistor wire it would happen at random times, after replacing the Thermistor it can't get past startup?

Hello,
what message do you get if the thermistor is removed from the buddy board when you switch it on? If the thermistor is not connected, it should display a "MINTEMP error". If it also shows a “MAXTEMP error”, something is wrong with the buddy board. "MAXTEMP-Error" is displayed if the thermistor is short-circuited or 0V is present at the input of the buddy board.

2x Personal MK3IR-BMG09 (Full) BEAR + MMU3 mod., ...

Posted : 20/03/2024 10:47 am
Eliot Lytle
(@eliot-lytle)
Topic starter answered:

I disconnected the Thermistor from the Buddy Board and did get the Mintemp Error so the Buddy Board seems to be OK. The next thing I was gonna try is to replace the Hotend Heater Cartridge. Could this error be caused by the heatbed Thermistor as well? 

Posted : 20/03/2024 1:21 pm
Eliot Lytle
(@eliot-lytle)
Topic starter answered:

It's worth noting that when I plugged the Thermistor back in and powered up the machine it immediately went back to the error message on startup. Again, I replaced the Thermistor already so this has me really stumped. I can't seem to find any definitive info on this. 

Posted : 20/03/2024 2:00 pm
Holger
(@holger-2)
Honorable Member

Could this error be caused by the heatbed Thermistor as well? 

Error #12206 only applies to the Mini's hotend. If there is an error in the heating bed, error #12205 appears.
If the tips from the knowledge base don't help you, live chat support could help you.

2x Personal MK3IR-BMG09 (Full) BEAR + MMU3 mod., ...

Posted : 21/03/2024 12:18 am
Eliot Lytle
(@eliot-lytle)
Topic starter answered:

I replaced the whole hotend assembly and this cleared things up. Thanks for the tips! Must have been the thermistor or the heater cart. not sure. When in doubt, just replace the whole darn thing. 

Posted : 21/03/2024 1:15 pm
Share: