Is a Prusa Mini suitable for printing replacement landing gear for 1/400 scale airplane?

Notifications
Clear all

Is a Prusa Mini suitable for printing replacement landing gear for 1/400 scale airplane?  

RSS
Ove Engvik
(@ove-engvik)

Hi, trying some prints of this design.  Replacement landing gear for 1/400 scale diecast airplane. Very small size, the total height of the design is 6 mm. Thus far my prints result in a blob of plastic. Any tips for good settings? Is such a printer suited for tiny tiny parts?

Opublikowany : 26/09/2023 6:40 pm
Kalimero
(@kalimero)
Honorable Member
RE: Is a Prusa Mini suitable for printing replacement landing gear for 1/400 scale airplane?

FDM printer is not suitable for very small details. Before buying a printer, I recommend reading "Basics of 3D printing with Josef Prusa". This book will help you understand what kinds of 3D printing technologies are currently available and how they work.

Nejsem zaměstnancem Prusa Research.

Opublikowany : 02/10/2023 5:49 am
Diem
 Diem
(@diem)
Illustrious Member

That's certainly a testing print - you will need brim and supports to have any chance of completing it.  The result will not bear close inspection but might be good enough to complete a diorama.

Cheerio,

Opublikowany : 02/10/2023 6:23 pm
Kalimero
(@kalimero)
Honorable Member
RE: Is a Prusa Mini suitable for printing replacement landing gear for 1/400 scale airplane?

I assume the image represents the model before slicing.

Nejsem zaměstnancem Prusa Research.

Opublikowany : 02/10/2023 6:56 pm
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member
RE:
Posted by: @ove-engvik

Hi, trying some prints of this design.  Replacement landing gear for 1/400 scale diecast airplane. Very small size, the total height of the design is 6 mm. Thus far my prints result in a blob of plastic. Any tips for good settings? Is such a printer suited for tiny tiny parts?

For very small parts, I always use a 0.25mm or even a 0.15mm nozzle. You could give it a try.

wbr,

Karl

Statt zu klagen, dass wir nicht alles haben, was wir wollen, sollten wir lieber dankbar sein, dass wir nicht alles bekommen, was wir verdienen.

Opublikowany : 02/10/2023 7:49 pm
FoxRun3D
(@foxrun3d)
Famed Member

I agree with Karl, for something this small, a 0.25 mm or smaller nozzle is the way to go.

Formerly known on this forum as @fuchsr -- until all hell broke loose with the forum software...

Opublikowany : 28/10/2023 4:07 pm
Share: