Notifications
Clear all

Send to printer - HTTP 404 error  

RSS
Anders Mac
(@anders-mac)
Send to printer - HTTP 404 error

Every time I send a print job from slicer with PrusaLink to our MK4 I get this error message. But there is no real error, the prints starts just fine. I have several MK3S with OctoPrint and they do not have the same problem. 

Is there a way to fix this..? 

This topic was modified 2 months ago by Anders Mac
Posted : 23/04/2024 11:14 am
JP Guitars
(@jp-guitars)
Estimable Member
RE: Send to printer - HTTP 404 error

The clue is in the error message, slicer cannot find the printer. What has probably happened is your DHCP servers has allocated a new ip address but you are still sending to the old one, so check the ip address on the slicer and printer are the same

Posted : 23/04/2024 2:40 pm
Frank
(@frank-23)

Maybe the same connection problems I have? What firmware version are you using and what connection type? Lan or WLan ?

Posted : 23/04/2024 7:15 pm
Anders Mac
(@anders-mac)
Topic starter answered:

Nope, that is not it. It has a set IP address and it works perfectly fine when i click the test connection button in Slicer. And the print is sent to the printer and starts printing, the problem is the false alarm error message. 

Posted by: @jp-guitars

The clue is in the error message, slicer cannot find the printer. What has probably happened is your DHCP servers has allocated a new ip address but you are still sending to the old one, so check the ip address on the slicer and printer are the same

Posted : 24/04/2024 1:14 pm
Anders Mac
(@anders-mac)
Topic starter answered:

Good question, I did not update firmware efter getting it. LAN. 

Posted by: @frank-23

Maybe the same connection problems I have? What firmware version are you using and what connection type? Lan or WLan ?

Posted : 24/04/2024 1:15 pm
CyclonEngr
(@cyclonengr)

Not sure if you got it fixed.  I had the same error message and discovered that the API key was 'wrong' . . .   You probably are using the correct "key" or password for the type of connection, but that was also a problem I discovered. 

GOOD LUCK

Posted : 01/05/2024 12:55 am
Anders Mac
(@anders-mac)
Topic starter answered:

I searched and found this thread...  

Posted by: @tojik

We know about the error. It's not been easy to hunt down tho. I've seen some fixes being attempted but I am not sure if a fix is in an upcoming FW update or not.

Wtf seriously, how can this possible be a difficult problem to fix? 

Posted : 02/05/2024 8:23 am
Share: