Clear all

Why buy a MK4 in 2024? A1 Owner looking for a replacement  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS
MaVeRa
(@mavera)
Eminent Member
RE: Why buy a MK4 in 2024? A1 Owner looking for a replacement

Select MK4. It's made in Europe after all! There is support, there are parts, there are consumables, and last but not least, you will be able to repair everything on the printer yourself!

Publié : 23/02/2024 10:41 am
Pepan et Myf ont aimé
rex555
(@rex555)

Posted by: @scottm-2

I too am looking at Bambu Lab P1S-AMS vs the MK4. I currently have the MK3S. My son bought the Bambu on a Black Friday deal and loves it. I'm a Prusa guy, but I've had so many PLA prints that start out great, print several layers and then let go. I check hours later and I have a huge blob of PLA engulfing the printhead. I'll post a separate question about what non-Prusament filament people are using. I'm in Canada, so it's too expensive to buy Prusa filament.

I am using a lot of Jessie filament from Printed Solid (now owned by Prusa). Ships from USA but might be an option for Canada?

Publié : 23/02/2024 11:01 pm
Twok
 Twok
(@twok)
Membre

Choose Prusa! I have a Mk3s+ and was looking at the upgrade to a Mk4 and ended up deciding on a P1S and I have severe buyers remorse. There are bed adhesion issues and printing in PETG with stock settings provided poor quality prints. And it squeaks straight out of the box. I have watched more videos and read more articles about the P1S than I ever had to with my 3s+. Bambu labs pricing models are obviously designed to hook you then screw you over (hindsight).. The P1S impressive because of its speed but honestly who cares when it doesn’t work right. I don’t run a printer farm and don’t need it to produce more parts per hour, I want it to work. The P1S is not designed to be worked on, fixed, or upgraded. When I finally got to see it in person I saw how much is glued, welded, riveted, and crimped together… not cool. I feel like I was tricked into buying the P1S. Finally, Bambu labs documentation and instructions are awful.

Publié : 09/03/2024 8:28 am
Oregun a aimé
Pepan
(@pepan-3)

I was also through decision process recently. My friend bought BL X1 Carbon with AMS. Its nice and its fast. And some things are easier to do.

But! I am one of those people, who tries to decide what to buy based on origin of goods. Also I saw brief history of BL and also history of Prusa and that was what made my final decision for MK4 Kit.  Simply Prusa company while a little behind is very sympathic and has more transparent ownership of good community people.

Its just feeling, that this is company I want to support, not some chinese super business one. Its same reason I would never buy anything from Temu or Shein or similar ones. Of course we all have something from China. But it isnt reason to buy everything from them. Just because everything is cheaper from China.

In the end I very enjoyed whole construction process of my new MK4. Now I know my 3D printer to last screw.

But with respect to everyone I understand if someone decides other way.

Publié : 18/03/2024 12:49 pm
Page 2 / 2
Partager :