Notifiche
Cancella tutti

Print speed greater than 100%  

RSS
fernandotg81
(@fernandotg81)
Trusted Member
Print speed greater than 100%

Hello, when a print is being made, one of the settings that can be changed is the print speed. What does it mean to put more than 100%? Is it not recommended for some reason?

Postato : 20/04/2024 9:53 am
Rob Brown
(@rob-brown)
RE:

I recently upgraded to MK3.5

Not knowing any better, I poked my way through the LCD menus and found "Print Speed 100%", selected that, upped it to 200%, made some other changes* and started printing! This yielded some fabulous prints, large and small.

*I also increased the nozzle temperature 30 degrees. My first print was a bridging tower with varying temps, and I was concerned that a 2X print speed would require lower viscosity extrusion...this seems like a good call and the bridging tower mostly confirmed it. Quite possible that previous temp was too low anyway. Current filament setting is PETG at 245C.

Now I am wondering what kind of trouble I have created for myself. So far so good, but what goblins are hiding in there waiting to strike?

Questo post è stato modificato 5 months fa da Rob Brown
Postato : 20/04/2024 8:42 pm
Spinnetti
(@spinnetti)
Trusted Member
RE: Print speed greater than 100%

The default print speed is designed to give good quality print across the widest spectrum of materials, environment, parts and materials. As you go faster, often the print quality goes down, but depending on the build quality of your specific machine, the model you are printing, the environment (temp/humidity), quality of filament etc, you can sometimes go much faster with good results - just experiment with what works for you. It also depends on the size and shape of the part. If its small and complex, acceleration limits means there may be little to no time savings. On a big simple shape, you can crank it up quite a bit. On my old MK3, I could often run 160% or so with no loss in print quality. I'm not doing any commercial work, so print speed isn't a factor for me, so I usually leave on the defaults on the MK4. Typically I'll kick off a print in the evening and check it in the morning. If I have something I need quick that is a simple shape, I'll crank it up. Sometimes if you go to far, you could get a poor quality print, filament jamb, or the print becomes a mess and the reprint and or cleanup is far worse than waiting a bit of extra time, so you can decide how much risk you want to take.

Postato : 28/04/2024 4:44 pm
jurassic73 hanno apprezzato
Condividi: