Stránka 2 / 3
  RSS
_KaszpiR_
(@_kaszpir_)
Honorable Member
RE:

looks like it's fixed now 😀

Posted by: @_kaszpir_

On the forum, when thee is a black bar jus above forums, on the left there is a hamburger menu to choose forums.

Whenever I am logged in or not it shows only English forums, and forums for other languages is gone.

but wait, there is more!
Certain messages are in german, looks like prusa migrated to server hosting in Germany and maybe it automatically set LC_LOCALE to german, and only other fragments are in englisgh because it is taken from user profile?
Or GeoIP module thinks my IP is from Germany 😀

See my GitHub and printables.com for some 3d stuff that you may like.

Napsal : 19/08/2023 4:38 pm
Diem
 Diem
(@diem)
Illustrious Member

Likewise - For eg., 'Next' on recent posts links to:  https://forum.prusa3d.com/forum/recent/?wpfpaged=2

... 404

Cheerio,

Napsal : 19/08/2023 5:17 pm
_KaszpiR_
(@_kaszpir_)
Honorable Member
RE: Upcoming server maintenance, August 15th 2023

Ugh only first page of search works, next urls end in 404. 

https://forum.prusa3d.com/forum/english-forum/?wpfpaged=2

Napsal : 19/08/2023 6:38 pm
Hello
(@hello)
Noble Member

looks like it's fixed now 😀

On the forum, when thee is a black bar jus above forums, on the left there is a hamburger menu to choose forums.

Whenever I am logged in or not it shows only English forums, and forums for other languages is gone.

but wait, there is more!
Certain messages are in german, looks like prusa migrated to server hosting in Germany and maybe it automatically set LC_LOCALE to german, and only other fragments are in englisgh because it is taken from user profile?
Or GeoIP module thinks my IP is from Germany 😀

Still only shows English and the forum is so much slower now 

Please help me out by downloading a model it's free and easy but really helps me out https://www.printables.com/@Hello_474427/models

Napsal : 19/08/2023 8:03 pm
fuchsr
(@fuchsr)
Famed Member

I've been getting random confirmation messages in French, Czech, and other languages forever. Thought this was an attempt to encourage users to learn new languages 😇

Napsal : 19/08/2023 8:19 pm
_KaszpiR_ se líbí
_KaszpiR_
(@_kaszpir_)
Honorable Member
RE:

Looks like BBcode is not parsed and thus certain media files are not visible - example https://forum.prusa3d.com/forum/english-forum-general-discussion-announcements-and-releases/how-do-i-add-a-video-to-my-topics/#post-669918
below the first sentence there shoulb be anything between '<p></p>' html tags, but now it is empty, for media or for bbcode 'embed' tag.

The only thing works is just extracting media url directy, but then there is no preview.

Napsal : 20/08/2023 2:33 pm
jsw se líbí
jsw
 jsw
(@jsw)
Famed Member

Don't they have either a 'dev' and or a 'q/a' server to test these upgrades before they are rolled out to the production machine?

Napsal : 20/08/2023 4:48 pm
iftibashir
(@iftibashir)
Honorable Member

Ive found the forum to work fine, but very slow and sluggish in comparison to the performance before this platform move. Performance was MUCH better before. In fact, at times a page is loading so slow that I give up (and this is on a 1GB bandwidth where I have no issues with any other sites).

ORIGINAL PRUSA MK4 KIT - Full step-by-step video assembly guide!

>ORIGINAL PRUSA MINI+ Full video assembly guide!

Napsal : 20/08/2023 9:09 pm
Chris Hill
(@chris-hill)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @iftibashir

Ive found the forum to work fine, 

Are you saying that if you go to 'Recent Posts', then click on 'Next' to go to page 2, you DON'T get a 404 error?

Napsal : 20/08/2023 11:07 pm
iftibashir
(@iftibashir)
Honorable Member

Apologies - just tried that and yes I do get a 404 error. Never use this forum that way - just go to my usual sections and thats it!

Still very slow though. Clicked on ‘Recent Posts’ and had to wait a good 6-10 secs for it to just load! It’s the same when submitting a post - just seems to much longer to actually go through. It’s getting to the point where I get impatient and just click away. 

Posted by: @chris-hill
Posted by: @iftibashir

Ive found the forum to work fine, 

Are you saying that if you go to 'Recent Posts', then click on 'Next' to go to page 2, you DON'T get a 404 error?

Napsal : 21/08/2023 10:23 am
iftibashir
(@iftibashir)
Honorable Member

Still having to wait 20 seconds or so every time I hit the post button in order to add a comment in any thread!

Napsal : 22/08/2023 9:31 am
Hello
(@hello)
Noble Member

What I don't get is why. why change a perfectly good forum to one that keeps giving 404

Please help me out by downloading a model it's free and easy but really helps me out https://www.printables.com/@Hello_474427/models

Napsal : 22/08/2023 10:00 am
Neophyl
(@neophyl)
Illustrious Member

Why ?  Because it wasn't a perfectly good forum.  It was an adequate forum.  There are many posts asking for improvements and changes.  I expect that many if not most of them would be difficult to implement on the old platform.  

I see this current update as the start/basis of making future changes and updates possible.  Yes its painful at the moment and yes it was released with inadequate testing before the move but it should get better over time.

Napsal : 22/08/2023 10:08 am
fuchsr se líbí
adesir
(@adesir)
Reputable Member

Why? Perhaps the hosting capacity was needed for other things, like Printables. And the forum was move to a less expensive hosting?

Errors after the move have not been fixed in one week. That shows how important the forum is for Prusa…

Mes modeles publics
Napsal : 22/08/2023 11:02 am
jsw
 jsw
(@jsw)
Famed Member
RE:

Well, it looks like my avatar photo works again, so they appear to be working on things.

Still getting 404 on subsequent pages.

Napsal : 22/08/2023 5:41 pm
jsw
 jsw
(@jsw)
Famed Member

And today the 404 error is gone, but the avatar photo is broken again.

Napsal : 24/08/2023 12:11 am
K7ZPJ
(@k7zpj)
Reputable Member

The 404 error went away today, but now I am getting a bad gateway error.

Here is the error I am getting:

Bad gateway

The web server reported a bad gateway error.

Ray ID: 7fb771ed7a94efca Your IP address: **.**.***.** Error reference number: 502 Cloudflare Location: Portland

Napsal : 24/08/2023 12:27 am
Pedroid
(@pedroid)
Trusted Member

No 404 here, and no bad gateway either. A bit slow, but ok.

Napsal : 24/08/2023 6:06 am
adesir
(@adesir)
Reputable Member
RE:

Same thing here, depending on the link clicked. When trying to switch language to french (top menu) :

Bad gateway

The web server reported a bad gateway error.

Ray ID: 7fb96ce9f9061542 Your IP address: 195.68.109.218 Error reference number: 502 Cloudflare Location: Paris

This post was modified před 10 months by adesir
Mes modeles publics
Napsal : 24/08/2023 6:10 am
Hello
(@hello)
Noble Member

all works for me

Napsal : 24/08/2023 9:07 am
Stránka 2 / 3
Share: