Poll #04 November 12th 2021 What is your dream project(s) that you have not yet started?

Notifications
Clear all

Poll #04 November 12th 2021 What is your dream project(s) that you have not yet started?  

RSS
Same Old Shane
(@same-old-shane)
Member Admin

Greetings everyone.

I hope everyone is doing great! So this weekend, instead of a poll, I have a question for you.

What is your dream project(s) that you have not yet started?

This can be anything at all, and for whatever skill level (for example if you had to learn some new skills in order to complete your project). Mix different elements of making / creating something, (FDM and resin, or CNC, or electronics, or whatever your imagination can think of.)

For me, I have 2....
For the practical / learning side of things, I would work on my own robo dog like this.
https://www.prusaprinters.org/prints/72832-doggo-simple-robot-dog

And the other one would be a large scale sci-fi themed diorama that is motorized as much as possible and decked out with LED's and some other little effects.

So what about you? What's your dream project?

Shane (AKA FromPrusa)

Opublikowany : 12/11/2021 2:55 pm
sylviatrilling
(@sylviatrilling)
Honorable Member
RE:

I grew up near San Francisco and my family used to make a trip to 'The City' every Wednesday afternoon. We would often go to a store called 'Gumps' and up on the third floor they had a lot of these ivory and also jade carvings. I just got my SL1S this week and did my first print yesterday. I have in mind to design and print intricate pieces like the one pictured, with layered planes. 

Mk3S+,SL1S

Opublikowany : 12/11/2021 3:54 pm
MysDawg, kennd, Stefan i 2 ludzie polubili
Dan Rogers
(@dan-rogers)
Noble Member
If I had an axe ...

If I had an Axe, I would chop the tallest tree.  Then I could be happy with my axe.  I'd chop out a hollow for hobbits to roam.  I'd chop out a barbeque table for squirrels.  ....

To me, the question is like "what would you chop if you had an axe".  It's a tool - it's a good tool.  I use it as a tool but I do sit in wonderment some times at all of the fanciful nick-nacks that people make and buy more nick-nack shelves to hold em all.

Opublikowany : 17/11/2021 9:40 am
jsw
 jsw
(@jsw)
Famed Member
RE: November 12th 2021 Weekend poll

This is more of a dream maker-robotic project than a 3d print project per se, but I would like to design and build a self-emptying catbox that actually works.

I envision this to be a motorized device that lifts a grate, dumps the doodoo into a bag or container, then temporarily moves the remaining litter to a holding bin or container, replaces the grate in the now-empty catbox, and then re-pours the litter into it.

In our new house we built in a fairly large enclosed kitty station in the master bath, with a slide-out bottom.  There's enough room in it to hold the mechanism to do all of this.

Although I'm retired I have not found the time to actually work on such a thing yet, but I think of it each time I manually scoop out the doodoo and/or add litter.

Opublikowany : 18/11/2021 2:32 am
MysDawg
(@mysdawg)
Estimable Member
RE:

@sylviatrilling That is absolutely beautiful.

Opublikowany : 21/11/2021 4:58 pm
Share: