Prusalink fails with HTTP 408 ~ 80% of the time

Notifications
Clear all

RSS
bikewrecker
(@bikewrecker)

Hi, my Prusalink fails most of the time when trying to upload and print gcode. It usually gives me a 408 error and I'm wondering if there is a way to fix this.

I'm getting the error when sending gcode via PrusaSlicer 2.6.1 to my MK4 with latest firmware.

Thank you.

Posted : 01/11/2023 3:45 am
Tojik
(@tojik)
Member Moderator
RE: Prusalink fails with HTTP 408 ~ 80% of the time

Hi, what MK4 firmware are you using?
If on wifi, can you try using ethernet and see if it improves?
Are you uploading through connect or straight to the printer, people tend to confuse these two because of an older naming scheme

Also, i did not work on the MK4 PrusaLink implementation, ideally, please use our support, chat or email for these types of technical issues

Posted : 01/11/2023 9:23 am
bikewrecker
(@bikewrecker)
Topic starter answered:
RE: Prusalink fails with HTTP 408 ~ 80% of the time

Thanks for the reply Tojik.

Q: "Hi, what MK4 firmware are you using?"
A: 5.0.0

Q: "If on wifi, can you try using ethernet and see if it improves?"
A: I'm using an Ethernet cable for my computer, but I can't for my printer due to my setup with my house layout. I'd need to buy a 100ft ethernet cable and run it through and across the house without my wife noticing. Even if it did work, it wouldn't be feasible for me as a long term solution.

Q: "Are you uploading through connect or straight to the printer[?]"

A: I'm not sure. I'm uploading it via PrusaSlicer with Host Type "PrusaLink" The printer's IP address and using an API Key.

"[...] ideally, please use our support, chat or email for these types of technical issues"
 Got it, I'll reach out to them for help. Thank you!

Posted : 01/11/2023 10:11 pm
Share: