Hi guys, I am a new member.
I am a student of engineering and during my thesis work, I am working on a 3D printer Prusa i3 MK3S.
I learned to dialogue with the printer by modifying the G-code directly. Now during the modelling of the process that we are studying I had a doubt, I hope you can help me.
in the G-code when I modify this line
M200 X200 Y200 Z12 E20; sets maximum feed rates, mm/sec;
in particular with the bold code, I’m going to change the speed that drivegear impose, so the speed with which to be rotated or I’m setting the output speed of the filament from the nozzle.
I hope I’ve been clear and someone can help me.
RE: G-code help
Hmm... I think you've got an error.
- The M200 gcode command sets the filament diameter in Marlin firmware.
- G0 & G1 execute linear moves and match the syntax you're showing.
- The E parameter sets the extruder move (extrusion rate.)
- The F parameter sets the speed in mm/min (NOT mm/s). This is missing from your example. The line G1 X200 Y200 Z12 E20 is going to move the nozzle to X200, Y200, Z12 (assuming absolute positioning, see below), and extrude 20mm of filament as it does so. You haven't specified a speed with F, so the default will be used.
What can be confusing is that both the X/Y/Z and E moves can be relative or absolute.
- M82 sets absolute extruder moves, M83 sets relative extruder moves.
- Similarly, G90 sets absolute X/Y/Z positioning, while G91 sets relative X/Y/Z positioning.
It is quite common to use absolute X/Y/Z moves with relative E extruder moves.
RE: aiuto per il codice G.
You are right, I made a typo. The code line is :
M203 X200 Y200 E20;
We’re just extruding a simple filament into the air without it sticking to the plate, and we need to change the velocity of extrusion. the problem is what velocity we are changing...