Notifications
Clear all

View Manipulation / Navigation sync with Fusion 360  

RSS
makrspacr
(@makrspacr)
Eminent Member
View Manipulation / Navigation sync with Fusion 360

Is there a way to set preferences on PrusaSlicer and Fusion 360 so that view navigation is the same from program to program? I find switching between these difficult, and as I am still trying to learn both from scratch. Middle button(which I programmed to a different one, because it's hard to press the middle wheel without it turning), versus left button, and so on...

This topic was modified 6 months ago by makrspacr
Posted : 26/12/2023 11:15 pm
Neophyl
(@neophyl)
Illustrious Member
RE: View Manipulation / Navigation sync with Fusion 360

Simple answer is no. There are a very few UI options in preferences but nothing like you want. 
Already exists as a feature request on the PS GitHub though, https://github.com/prusa3d/PrusaSlicer/issues/9704  

Posted : 26/12/2023 11:23 pm
makrspacr liked
Diem
 Diem
(@diem)
Illustrious Member

I don't see this coming soon, too many competing interfaces.  You want F360, others want Tinkercad, Blender, OpenSCAD - then some use a 'phone or tablet with pinch and prod whilst others use graphics tablet and stylus or even VR headset and haptic gloves...

Until the industry standardises we are going to have differing interfaces 'though perhaps Prusa could do more than just offer a setting to reverse the zoom.

Cheerio,

Posted : 27/12/2023 12:42 pm
_KaszpiR_
(@_kaszpir_)
Honorable Member

> Until the industry standardises

https://xkcd.com/927/ 😉

See my GitHub and printables.com for some 3d stuff that you may like.

Posted : 27/12/2023 2:24 pm
makrspacr liked
makrspacr
(@makrspacr)
Eminent Member
Topic starter answered:

Thanks for the feedback!  The industry standard for CAD software DOES allow matching other programs.

• Fusion360 can be configured to follow: solidworks, alias, inventor, Tinkercad, powermill
  • Solidworks used to have the same offering, I haven't had a license in a long time so I'm not sure about it now.
  • Onshape can be configured to follow: Solidworks, NX, Creo, Autocad

I would propose if someone picks this up to create a configuration tool for the user to pick the method for each view manipulation from available options (different mouse buttons, and modifier keys). Then each user could configure however they want, and no one would have to spend time figuring out how each other software is configured.

Posted : 28/12/2023 6:22 pm
Share: