Notifications
Clear all

flakey filament sensor problems.  

RSS
osbock
(@osbock)
Eminent Member
flakey filament sensor problems.

It worked great for a couple of days, but now when changing filament, it often gets stuck in remove filament, long after I've removed thee filament. The path is clean, though I haven't completely disassembled it. I can sometimes wiggle filament and it starts working (looking at the sensor readings in the info menu) but then a while later it will still be stuck and reflect no changes. I think the ball is stuck?

Best Answer by osbock:

There was flash (injection molding squeeze through) on the opening for the ball. I trimmed with an exacto, and it's now giving more sensible readings. I hope it keeps behaving.

Posted : 09/10/2023 2:40 am
osbock
(@osbock)
Eminent Member
Topic starter answered:
RE:

There was flash (injection molding squeeze through) on the opening for the ball. I trimmed with an exacto, and it's now giving more sensible readings. I hope it keeps behaving.

This post was modified 9 months ago by osbock
Posted : 09/10/2023 1:45 pm
osbock
(@osbock)
Eminent Member
Topic starter answered:
RE: flakey filament sensor problems.

Also, from https://www.starmould.com/plastic-injection-molding-key-terms/
Flash – Excess plastic material that is outside a seam or attached to a mold parting line which is not intended to be there. It is generally caused by mold damage, improper mold design, and/or poor clamping. This is unacceptable in most cases and should therefore be removed before the parts are deemed acceptable.

(they said it not me. Prusa should add a qa step for this)

Posted : 09/10/2023 1:51 pm
Share: