Prusa Connect fails to upload to the MK4 - some file not all

Notifications
Clear all

RSS
MarcWinNJ
(@marcwinnj)

I am running Prusa Connect on a new MK4. Using Prusaslicer 2.6 GA version and now on v5.0 alpha 2.  Alpha 2 seems to have fixed the wifi dropping issue by the way. The issue I am having and had even before the alpha release is that when I send a print job from the slicer to the printer via connect it sends it to connect and connect sees it but it does not going into the print queue although you can see the file there but there is no way to force it to the printer.  I have tried deleting all the files in the queue and resending but it seems to happen a lot.   The printer is online as I can control other functions.  I have searched this forum and will check the filenames to make sure there are no bad characters in the filename. 

Anyone have a similar issue.   

TLDR, some files sent to the printer vie Prusa Connect show in queue but will not load to the printer.

Posted : 30/06/2023 12:37 pm
MasterHead
(@masterhead)
Trusted Member
RE: Prusa Connect fails to upload to the MK4 - some file not all

I have the exact same issue, most files upload flawlessly, but some files upload to connect but get stuck sending it to the printer...

When a transfer fails it just keep waiting without an error and its always the same files sent from prusa sllicer, doesn't matter if i delete them and  upload again it keeps failing

Uploading it through web instaid prusaslicer throws the same result

I've changed the file name to something shorter and it has uploaded just fine, could it be too long even when it didnt throw an error?? 

Original name was: Protector_tapa_olla_0.4n_0.3mm_FLEX_Fillamentum Flexfill 98A @MK4_MK4_1.19137grs_15infill_5m.gcode

Modified Name: Protector_tapa_olla_0.4n_0.3mm_FLEX_MK4_1.19137grs_15infill_5m.gcode

Posted : 21/07/2023 11:22 am
MarcWinNJ
(@marcwinnj)
Topic starter answered:

I figured this out to be that the system will not allow you to upload the same filename. Changing the name is the solution.  

Posted : 21/07/2023 12:46 pm
DavyGD liked
3D Newbie
(@3d-newbie)

I was also having issues uploading some files into my MK4 printer via the Prusa Connect web interface. The file would transfer into the Prusa Connect system without any issues; however, the file would not transfer into the printer. There were no errors or messages displayed. I deleted the file from Prusa Connect, logged into PrusaLink, attempted to transfer the file directly into the printer, and immediately received an error message - "File name too long". I'm thinking that Prusa Connect will accept just about anything for a filename because the filename and its data are being stored into a database and perhaps there is little validation being made on the filename submitted. Then, when the system attempts to transfer the file from Prusa Connect into the printer, it fails but no messages are being returned to the Prusa Connect user. I, too, shortened the filename and the file transferred as expected. I've also learned that there are some characters accepted by my computer's file system that are not allowed by Prusa Connect and this results in the file not being accepted with no error reporting. For example, my Mac's file system accepts a "+" character within a filename but Prusa Connect did not seem to like the filename and rejected the file. I removed the "+" character, resubmitted the file, and it worked as expected.

I am a new Prusa user without much experience yet but perhaps this information might be useful.

Posted : 25/07/2023 2:22 am
Tojik
(@tojik)
Member Moderator

Hi, yes, this is confirmed broken. The printer rejects the file and connect just re-sends the request. This keeps happening in an endless cycle. Will fix. Thanks for the report

Posted : 01/08/2023 11:01 am
MarcWinNJ
(@marcwinnj)
Topic starter answered:

It is a file naming issue.  Prusa Connect rejects sending duplicate file names.  Do you know if this is a PC or a Firmware issue.

Posted : 01/08/2023 11:14 am
Tojik
(@tojik)
Member Moderator

You cannot exactly have two files named the same on the printer in the same folder. And also there is a rather short path (as in "/my/special/folder/duck.gcode") under 80 chars or something like that. It shold be communicated to the user as fast as possible instead of just timing out or spinning in an endless circle. But it is unlikely the underlying limitation would get mitigated as is that we would automatically rename the file to fit and be named uniquely. A replace / cancel modal box might be nice the. But not anytime soon I think

Posted : 01/08/2023 1:17 pm
Stsfin
(@stsfin)

Prusa slicer should not send filenames that are too long to the printer. Period. Its a stupid bug.

Posted : 25/03/2024 10:44 pm
RNLDNKP
(@rnldnkp)
Eminent Member

Just a quick reply while troubleshooting my XL file upload using connect.

Opening TCP 443 works for the WEBGUI (management). File transfers (at least firmware) seem to use HTTP.... To you need to open TCP 80 to Prusa Servers to be able to upload (firmware) files.

Don't forget to check out rnldnkp.com 😀

Posted : 11/06/2024 7:25 am
mephistoph
(@mephistoph)

I can confirm that this is still happening. I recently upgraded a 3S to a 3.5 and was able to send a couple files and successfully print. Cancelled a print, moved the printer and then tried to resend. Failed to go from PrusaConnect to the printer. Tried redoing all the network connectivity from the ground up. Turns out, simply adding a "b" to the file name fixed it. Seems silly.

Posted : 07/08/2024 10:53 pm
LayerMake
(@layermake)
RE:

Just ran into the same issue; duplicate filenames prevent Prusa Connect from printing.

(MK4 @ 6.0.4+14924. PrusaSlicer 2.8.0+MacOS-arm64)

It doesn't give a proper warning, and keeps filling the queue with items marked "The file is not uploaded to the printer". Renaming the file (or deleting the original) solves it.
This seems like a rather silly bug, just check for duplicates and add a suffix. I can image that throwing the error to the user isn't easy as it takes a round trip to the printer.

A much nicer way to solve it could be to calculate the sha (on pc or cloud) and automatically add it as a suffix.
If the sha is not different, no need to upload it again, just print it. That would also prevent from filling up the usb with duplicates.

This post was modified 4 weeks ago by LayerMake
Posted : 22/08/2024 9:03 pm
Dave Miller
(@dave-miller)

I can confirm the same issue here.

Something seems broke.

I am printing multiple versions that're are slightly tweaked. Same name.

Seems silly you have to remove the file after printing

Posted : 25/08/2024 5:46 am
Share: