Notifications
Clear all

Thingiverse migration tool questions  

Page 4 / 5
  RSS
nathanmark
(@nathanmark)
RE: Thingiverse migration tool questions

My thingiverse is not working anymore. Does anyone know about any alternatives?

Posted : 04/03/2021 10:37 am
nathanmark
(@nathanmark)

@eried

You can use MyMiniFactory, which has been in existence since 2013. That is a sustainably developed site, starting with carefully selecting and testing the 3D layout choice before opening up to cooperation with even more 3D developers, enabling them to show their ideas openly.

The availability of prints is varied and reasonably priced (approximately 60,000). Except for Thingiverse, MyMiniFactory asserts that each file must transfer a software inspection and be displayed by society before it has published, reducing printing mistakes. Here are some more alternatives.

Posted : 11/03/2021 8:15 am
henri9813
(@henri9813)

Hello,

Do you have news ? 

I made the link between my prusa account and my TG account, the prusaprinter's app tell me the link is alright, but the "verification failed" when i click on refresh ( because it doesn't find any makes ).

Henri

Posted : 20/03/2021 1:31 pm
Ondřej Stříteský
(@ondrej-stritesky)
Member Moderator

@henri9813

Hi Henri,
the problem is, that you have no things (models) on Thingiverse, so there is nothing to import 😉 
https://www.thingiverse.com/henri9813/designs

Posted : 22/03/2021 12:17 pm
henri9813
(@henri9813)

Hello,

yes i have 7 makes, that's not the imported things ?

On this page: https://www.prusaprinters.org/fr/social/127855-henri9813/prints

It's written: "Import your prints from Thingiverse"

Henri

Posted : 22/03/2021 4:52 pm
Ondřej Stříteský
(@ondrej-stritesky)
Member Moderator

@henri9813

Hello, "Prints" on PrusaPrinters.org mean the same as "Designs" on Thingiverse. So you can import your own "designs" but not "makes". Thank you for understanding.

Best regards Ondřej

Posted : 23/03/2021 8:56 am
henri9813
(@henri9813)

Okay,

Can you then correct the translation please ( or use the Thingiverse term: `Design` ) ?

May can you purpose a solution to import makes from thingiverse to prusaprinters.orh ? 🙂 

Best regards,

Henri

This post was modified 3 years ago by henri9813
Posted : 05/04/2021 7:43 am
Gareth S Hall
(@gareth-s-hall)

Busted for me, imported two prints fine, the third a week or so later won't come across, keep getting this error

Another parse request is processing. Please try again later.
Close

I have logged out of and into both my Prusa and Thingiverse account with no luck.

G
Posted : 07/04/2021 7:16 am
t5montecarlo
(@t5montecarlo)
Eminent Member

Hi Ondřej,

I have 7 designs in Thingiverse and want to import them here, but the verification never finishes; the spinning Prusa spool never stops spinning.

I have read other posts about failures and have updated my Thingiverse account to include the Prusa URL in the Website field.
https://www.prusaprinters.org/social/113333-t5montecarlo/prints

My Thingiverse profile page is:
https://www.thingiverse.com/t5montecarlo/designs

Are you able to look into this issue for me?

Marc

Prusa i3 MK3S Kit in Lack Enclosure

Posted : 13/10/2021 12:53 am
Ondřej Stříteský
(@ondrej-stritesky)
Member Moderator

Hi,
thank you for getting in touch. I can´t see your PrusaPrinters profile link in your Thingiverse profile anymore. So this is why we can´t verify your account again. You should keep the PrusaPrinters link on your Thingiverse profile. But one time, you have verified your account and we have an available list of our 7 things. I tried to import them and it was successful. Look into your profile.

Best regards Ondrej.

Posted : 13/10/2021 5:51 am
layershifter
(@layershifter)
Thingiverse linking works best in the BIO field

Posted by: @t5montecarlo

I have read other posts about failures and have updated my Thingiverse account to include the Prusa URL in the Website field.

Hi! As posted here already I found out that the verification links likely MUST go tp your BIO field on TV. I could not ever get it to work in the Website field. Try that first.

Posted : 13/10/2021 9:16 am
t5montecarlo
(@t5montecarlo)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @ondrej-stritesky

Hi,
thank you for getting in touch. I can´t see your PrusaPrinters profile link in your Thingiverse profile anymore. So this is why we can´t verify your account again. You should keep the PrusaPrinters link on your Thingiverse profile. But one time, you have verified your account and we have an available list of our 7 things. I tried to import them and it was successful. Look into your profile.

Best regards Ondrej.

Thank you, Ondřej. I first had the URL in the Bio field and the spinning spool never stopped, so then I removed it from the Bio field and added it to the Website field with the same result. When you imported the Prints, the URL was in the Website field. Was that because the verification had been previously successful, perhaps when the URL was in the Bio field but I didn't get the verified feedback?

Posted by: @layershifter

Posted by: @t5montecarlo

Hi! As posted here already I found out that the verification links likely MUST go tp your BIO field on TV. I could not ever get it to work in the Website field. Try that first.

I have moved the URL back to the Bio field in Thingiverse. When I have another Thing/Print to import another, I hope it will work. If not, I will be back here.

This post was modified 3 years ago by t5montecarlo

Prusa i3 MK3S Kit in Lack Enclosure

Posted : 13/10/2021 3:21 pm
Petri
(@petri)
Eminent Member

Old thread but hopefully still the correct one.

I have trouble verifying the Thingiverse account.

Using either account/designs or account/about -URL in prusaprinters.org Import from Thingiverse account tool ( https://www.prusaprinters.org/import-from-thingiverse/verification ) just ends up the filament icon rolling on that page after pressing the verification-button.

Posted : 22/12/2021 8:41 am
Petri
(@petri)
Eminent Member

Old thread but hopefully still the correct one.

I have trouble verifying the Thingiverse account.

Using either account/designs or account/about -URL in prusaprinters.org Import from Thingiverse account tool ( https://www.prusaprinters.org/import-from-thingiverse/verification ) just ends up the filament icon rolling on that page after pressing the verification-button.

Posted : 22/12/2021 8:41 am
Ondřej Stříteský
(@ondrej-stritesky)
Member Moderator

Hi Petri,
I have checked your account and everything looks fine. I tried verification of your account and I see the list of models to be imported. Try it again please and let me know if the issue persists.

Thank you

Posted : 22/12/2021 9:26 am
Petri
(@petri)
Eminent Member
RE:

Thank you so much, now I see the designs and have initialized import. I'll let you know if there are some remaining issues.

Must have been just some glitch in reality when I attempted the account validation.

Posted : 22/12/2021 9:55 am
Thomas
(@thomas-10)

Hello,

I would import my things from TG to PP but I have the "Verification failed" message at any try :[

TG url : https://www.thingiverse.com/thomasgobert/designs

PP url : https://www.prusaprinters.org/social/198085-thomas/prints

Can you help me ? 

Posted : 28/12/2021 9:54 am
juh
 juh
(@juh)

Hi all,

I tried the migration tool yesterday and, although the spool never stopped spinning, I found that the import had finished and worked flawlessly after leaving and revisiting the page.

I am deeply impressed, my designs look even better after the import than at thingiverse. The ZIP download is not only working but also includes a nice PDF snapshot of the page as documentation -  great idea! Most designs will probably need a bit of brush up, yet even as it is, I am very happy with the results and general representation of my work, so ATM I am more than ready to switch over to prusaprinters also for my future designs.

Only one question remains, as I am not owning a Prusa printer at the moment:

What is prusaprinter's stand on non-prusa owners using their repository and services (let alone the rewards system)?

Best
Jan

Posted : 08/01/2022 2:37 pm
Petri liked
Ondřej Stříteský
(@ondrej-stritesky)
Member Moderator

Hi Jan,

thank you very much for the positive feedback.

We welcome every 3D printer on the PrusaPrinters website. It doesn't matter what brand of 3D printer you have. Yes, the name is a bit confusing. But we will do something about it soon. Of course, you can also collect rewards (Prusameters and badges).

Posted : 08/01/2022 9:43 pm
Petri and juh liked
RoyK
 RoyK
(@royk-2)

I just activated my account on printables and enabled two-factor authentication. Fine - but if I try to VERIFY PRUSA - TG CONNECTION, it just failed with Verification failed (OK). So, I disabled two-factor (for now), but it didn't make any difference. I can access both sites with login and all data without issues. I have tried with the versions below without this making any observable difference.

Firefox 99.0.1 (64-bit)

Safari Versjon 15.4 (17613.1.17.1.13)

Both on macOS Version 12.3.1 (21E258)

Posted : 08/05/2022 12:34 pm
Page 4 / 5
Share: