Posted : 04/12/2018 2:18 am
toaf
 toaf
(@toaf)
Noble Member
Topic starter answered:
Re: 2000 tool change mark

tool change 3080 and counting .

what the fork am I gonna do with the purge block? I bet I will cry if I weigh it. maybe ill use it to hit someone over the head with.

I have a Prusa,therefore I research.

Posted : 04/12/2018 6:59 am
toaf
 toaf
(@toaf)
Noble Member
Topic starter answered:

hey, I just remembered I still have the old PTFE tube in... 😀 I have a feel it will matter more when I change filament types. or maybe for some lucky reason the 6 extra tubes I ordered where the mmu ones 😀

Posted : 04/12/2018 8:46 am
PJR
 PJR
(@pjr)
Antient Member Moderator

@Peter
I can only find a 4 color Adalinda.
100% scale, 200.15mm Height
0.15mm layer height
4Days 7hours
"**Only**" 2971 tool changes according to slic3r

I really pity you poor guys still trying to print things with Slic3r 😉

I did say 5 colour and I also said "adaptive layers".

With KISS, it is possible to assign extruders to models, files and meshes. The last option (meshes) allows me to print each one with different extruders (as in the eyes in the Chechire Cat).

Adaptive layers is based on step-over and sets the layer height automatically based on the overlap of the previous layer within a pre-determined range.

I was thinking about the 5C Adalinda using layer heights between 50 and 150 microns and that would generate a lot more layers (but also a huge purge tower - still more efficient than Slic3r though due to extruder ordering).

Peter

Please note: I do not have any affiliation with Prusa Research. Any advices given are offered in good faith. It is your responsibility to ensure that by following my advice you do not suffer or cause injury, damage…

Posted : 04/12/2018 9:57 am
toaf
 toaf
(@toaf)
Noble Member
Topic starter answered:

someday ill try your kiss.....that sounded SOO wrong.... baby steps

Posted : 04/12/2018 10:00 am
PJR
 PJR
(@pjr)
Antient Member Moderator

hey, I just remembered I still have the old PTFE tube in... 😀 I have a feel it will matter more when I change filament types. or maybe for some lucky reason the 6 extra tubes I ordered where the mmu ones 😀

I did hear a while back that all PTFE tubes were due to be the MMU style, so it is very possible that your tubes have smaller ID. However, it really does not make a huge difference. With unload and cooling, the PTFE increases in ID very quickly.

Peter

Please note: I do not have any affiliation with Prusa Research. Any advices given are offered in good faith. It is your responsibility to ensure that by following my advice you do not suffer or cause injury, damage…

Posted : 04/12/2018 10:00 am
PJR
 PJR
(@pjr)
Antient Member Moderator

someday ill try your kiss.....that sounded SOO wrong.... baby steps

You really should, but maybe wait until the next release.

Peter

Posted : 04/12/2018 10:01 am
toaf
 toaf
(@toaf)
Noble Member
Topic starter answered:

when I try it, I will crank "god of thunder"

Posted : 04/12/2018 10:03 am
PJR
 PJR
(@pjr)
Antient Member Moderator

when I try it, I will crank "god of thunder"

😀 😀 😀

Is should just say that it's not "my" KISS. I just help out with testing, the forum and some organisation. I don't get involved in the programming (other than the post processor for MMU1).

Peter

Posted : 04/12/2018 10:14 am
toaf
 toaf
(@toaf)
Noble Member
Topic starter answered:

we understand that, but you are a walking billboard for how cool it is. 😀

Posted : 04/12/2018 10:18 am
PJR
 PJR
(@pjr)
Antient Member Moderator

you are a walking billboard for how cool it is. 😀

I hadn't realised I was being that obvious 😉 Sorry. Won't do it again...

Peter

Posted : 04/12/2018 10:22 am
toaf
 toaf
(@toaf)
Noble Member
Topic starter answered:

no no. its nice to see. maybe some of the cool things about it will get into the prusa stuff.

Posted : 04/12/2018 10:25 am
PJR
 PJR
(@pjr)
Antient Member Moderator

maybe some of the cool things about it will get into the prusa stuff.

I have tried that 🙁 Even gave PR the source code to my post-processor, along with loads of thoughts.

Peter

Posted : 04/12/2018 11:38 am
nuroo
(@nuroo)
Reputable Member

@Peter
I can only find a 4 color Adalinda.
100% scale, 200.15mm Height
0.15mm layer height
4Days 7hours
"**Only**" 2971 tool changes according to slic3r

I really pity you poor guys still trying to print things with Slic3r 😉

I did say 5 colour and I also said "adaptive layers".

With KISS, it is possible to assign extruders to models, files and meshes. The last option (meshes) allows me to print each one with different extruders (as in the eyes in the Chechire Cat).

Adaptive layers is based on step-over and sets the layer height automatically based on the overlap of the previous layer within a pre-determined range.

I was thinking about the 5C Adalinda using layer heights between 50 and 150 microns and that would generate a lot more layers (but also a huge purge tower - still more efficient than Slic3r though due to extruder ordering).

Peter

When I couldn't get my mmu2 to work, I was willing to try kiss. The gcode u provided to try worked well. But I suspect my issues at that point we're tips, resistance, unload speeds etc. Now my setup is working well stock, except for Paul's roller mod.
Having said that kiss makes me feel like a rat trying to do calculus. Like a monkey trying to read inputs on an 👽 ship. I know u said most things can be ignored, I know kiss has it's strengths compared to slic3r, but easy slic3r is working for me now. So I don't have to feel like the dumb kid. If any software needed a hide settings from novice mode it's kiss.

Prusa MK3 preassembled (R2/B6) > (R3/B/7)
Prusa MK2.5 kit > MK3 > MK3+MMU2 (R3/B/7) 😀
Prusa SL1 3D printer + Curing and Washing Machine (day1 order)
Taz6
CR10s4
Delta 3ku

Posted : 04/12/2018 1:48 pm
PJR
 PJR
(@pjr)
Antient Member Moderator

If any software needed a hide settings from novice mode it's kiss.

It has that already 😉 Select from Production/Intermediate/Advanced. And "higher levels" can be password-protected.

Peter

Posted : 04/12/2018 2:43 pm
toaf
 toaf
(@toaf)
Noble Member
Topic starter answered:

bad news all 🙁

I know it made it to tool change 3220 for sure (think around 3500 but a filament errors on load or unload. so high up around the 170 mm mark. than the extruder raised up and moved aside.. well when it raised up it got so high it hit the mounts for the mmu. that triggered a collision error...... then it was over. now I know I have never printed that high. but gods damnit...…… I will test and see if my theory is correct. but for now a nice fast 2 color print is running perfect to make me feel better.

damnit!!!! not my fault.... I will look and see if I can figure out how many tool changes it failed at forsure.. damnit....

one big heavy purge block tho.

Posted : 05/12/2018 8:02 am
maxx78
(@maxx78)
Estimable Member

..... than the extruder raised up and moved aside.. well when it raised up it got so high it hit the mounts for the mmu. that triggered a collision error...... then it was over. ...

I have the cable chain mod on my MK3 and it would have collied with the MMU. so i moved it to the side for the Adalinda print as it got around the 100mm mark.

So we need a different MMU mount 😕

Posted : 05/12/2018 9:43 am
toaf
 toaf
(@toaf)
Noble Member
Topic starter answered:

all of the stuff ive looked into, now I have to see where the mmu is when my Z is up around 200.. I never thought I would have to check that,.

still one sad panda.... but it did do all those tool changes,

Posted : 05/12/2018 9:50 am
maxx78
(@maxx78)
Estimable Member

You would think Prusa would check such things.....
or that the magnets on the heat bed are strong enough to keep the spring sheet down during big PETG prints.... 👿

Posted : 05/12/2018 11:53 am
PJR
 PJR
(@pjr)
Antient Member Moderator

bad news all 🙁

That really is sad 🙁

Don't know what to suggest, other than my modified extruder body and smoother transition from Bowden into Bondtech.

With an otherwise stock printer, I don't have problems going tall. The only thing I worried about is the bend in the Bowden, but it was OK.

Peter

Posted : 05/12/2018 12:39 pm
Page 2 / 3
Share: