Notifications
Clear all

my Lack-less custom MK3 enclosure (100% Ikea free)  

RSS
Seriouslee
(@seriouslee)
Eminent Member
my Lack-less custom MK3 enclosure (100% Ikea free)

im about more than halfway done with it. im routing all the cables through cable channels right now, still have to print enclosures for the main power switch, the Pi and its camera, and i am thinking about using up the remaining led tape left and right on the inside of the door. you can never have enough light for your dinky octopi webcam.

Posted : 24/06/2018 2:51 pm
DCS21
(@dcs21)
Eminent Member
Re: my Lack-less custom MK3 enclosure (100% Ikea free)

That looks really good, nice job! I am also working on my enclosure and was wondering, what kind of temperature display/sensor is that? And the spoolholder looks very nice, is it available somewhere?

Posted : 25/06/2018 9:21 am
Seriouslee
(@seriouslee)
Eminent Member
Topic starter answered:

That looks really good, nice job! I am also working on my enclosure and was wondering, what kind of temperature display/sensor is that? And the spoolholder looks very nice, is it available somewhere?

its a 12€ TFA-Vision window thermometer. https://www.amazon.com/TFA-Dostmann-dig ... B000EOR47Y

the spool holder got already disposed off in favor of a rod less bearing riding spool one with adjustable width.

Posted : 26/06/2018 10:19 pm
Dave Smith
(@dave-smith)

Hi,

That looks great, is it a kitchen cabinet by any chance, if it is that’s a great way to use it. Could you post some more pics please.

Posted : 27/06/2018 8:10 am
Seriouslee
(@seriouslee)
Eminent Member
Topic starter answered:

Hi,

That looks great, is it a kitchen cabinet by any chance, if it is that’s a great way to use it. Could you post some more pics please.

no its not a kitchen cabinet, i made this one from scratch, just for my printer. its made of a 60cm x 60cm x4 cm kitchen counter top surface ive used as bottom, and 16mm white laminated particle board for the sides back and top, and the door is just another 16mm particle board ive cut a window into. ive covered all the cutting edges with a 16mm plastic U profile, and put a sheet of 3mm acrylic into it, held in place with printed clips, and adhesive window sealing strips to eliminate any rattle. the door handle and hinges are printed. the lower front panel which holds the printer controls is held in place with neodynium magnets in printed holders, so its quick to remove when i want to remove the printer, or that 30kg slab of concrete the printer sits on.

i will post more pictures later, im still working on it 🙂

Posted : 27/06/2018 5:55 pm
Share: