Notifications
Clear all

123D Design & Win10  

RSS
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator
123D Design & Win10

does anyone have 123D Design & Win10 working together?

I bought a new laptop, and I can't get 123D Design working... 🙁

Joan

I try to make safe suggestions,You should understand the context and ensure you are happy that they are safe before attempting to apply my suggestions, what you do, is YOUR responsibility. Location Halifax UK

Posted : 08/01/2017 9:54 pm
StephanK
(@stephank)
Reputable Member
Re: 123D Design & Win10

Joan,

Is running here on Win10 x64 (Anniversary Update) just fine. What kind of problem you got?

Posted : 08/01/2017 10:14 pm
JeffJordan
(@jeffjordan)
Member Moderator

a few days i had a mini-pc (narrowbox 4k) with win10/64bit running and had no problems installing 123D design.
but the performance of the box was horrible, so i returned the small pc.

dem inscheniör is' nix zu schwör...

Posted : 09/01/2017 1:12 am
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator
Topic starter answered:

After a couple of actions the program seems to lock up. For example place a 20 mm cube primotive on the plate. Slide a 20 mm tube against the cube. Use the magent to stick the Base of a 20 mm cone to the other parts. Push the cone so it's partially embedded in the other parts. . And all is well... slick response... use the add and subtract drop down menu. Select subtract. Click on the cylinder then the cone. And hey presto you have an odd shaped hole in the cylinder. However now the add subtract menu remains selected. But you can't select any of the tools on the menu. Even the X in the top right corner refuses to close the program. You have to use task manager to close it....

Or open the program. Import an existing model. You can move the parts around. But that is all... again task manager required to close program.

Whilst in this state. You can select Google Chrome and surf the net. And similar. So it isn't a total system lockup... but if you go back to 123d design later. It's still locked up... 🙁

I try to make safe suggestions,You should understand the context and ensure you are happy that they are safe before attempting to apply my suggestions, what you do, is YOUR responsibility. Location Halifax UK

Posted : 09/01/2017 2:11 am
JeffJordan
(@jeffjordan)
Member Moderator

i think this behaviour is independent of the used operating system and more related to the calculation power of the environment.
got win7/64 running here at a board with six-core amd cpu and too have issues with 123D designs performance, curious: when i switch over to my htpc (with 8-core amd cpu) these performance problems are rarely seen.

dem inscheniör is' nix zu schwör...

Posted : 09/01/2017 12:31 pm
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator
Topic starter answered:

I have a quad core Intel core 17 6820 processor with 16 GB ram, Nvidia GTX980m video card with 8GB ram,
twin ssd drives and a iTB hard drive...

Posted : 09/01/2017 5:42 pm
Ancientwolf
(@ancientwolf)
Estimable Member

Theres definitely something up, I have a high end rig too and 123D just pukes most of the time exactly how the OP describes.

Yeah, its that guy... 3D Nexus

Posted : 09/01/2017 5:46 pm
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator
Topic starter answered:

Lots of Windoze updates completed... reloaded video drivers as another site reccommended... still problematic....

boohoo...

Joan

Posted : 11/01/2017 2:22 am
JoanTabb
(@joantabb)
Veteran Member Moderator
Topic starter answered:

I am not holding my breath yet. but unloading the NVIDIA PhysX package, then rebooting the PC (in addition to uninstallling the NVIDIA GTX980M driver, then restarting the Laptop, may have done some good...

Need to play more tomorrow!

Night night all....

Joan

Posted : 11/01/2017 2:34 am
PJR
 PJR
(@pjr)
Antient Member Moderator

Joan

Have a look at KISS. I can let you have the settings files.

Peter

Please note: I do not have any affiliation with Prusa Research. Any advices given are offered in good faith. It is your responsibility to ensure that by following my advice you do not suffer or cause injury, damage…

Posted : 11/01/2017 11:18 am
christophe.p
(@christophe-p)
Member Moderator

Anyway AutoDesk just announced that 123D Design is going to be discontinued, in favor to TinkerCAD and Fusion 360.

See http://blog.123dapp.com/

I'm like Jon Snow, I know nothing.

Posted : 12/01/2017 3:25 pm
Share: