Clear all

[Closed] Mini-Rambo 1.3 and e3d with PT100  

Stránka 1 / 5
  RSS
kersti.v
(@kersti-v)
Mini-Rambo 1.3 and e3d with PT100

Hi!

Is there anyone who can tell me how to connect e3d V6 PT100 thermocouple to Mini-Rambo board and what software changes do i have to make. I know how to install print head and install firmware for e3d v6, but i just cant figure out where to get this power output for PT100. I have original Prusa i3 bouth form this site couple months ago. And webpage where i bought PT100 is http://e3d-online.com/Electrical/Components/V6-PT100-Sensor-Kit . Can anybody help me?

Thanks!

Napsal : 11/03/2016 11:33 am
PJR
 PJR
(@pjr)
Antient Member Moderator
Re: Mini-Rambo 1.3 and e3d with PT100

Hi Kersti

Firstly, the firmware. The thermistor setting for this thermocouple is a value of 20. Change to be made in Configuration_prusa.h.

Secondly the electronics. Power and ground are available on the P3 connectors.

Peter

Please note: I do not have any affiliation with Prusa Research. Any advices given are offered in good faith. It is your responsibility to ensure that by following my advice you do not suffer or cause injury, damage…

Napsal : 11/03/2016 2:25 pm
kersti.v
(@kersti-v)
Topic starter answered:

Thank you so much for answering. I have been looking for this info whole day.

So i have to change the thermistor value to 20 and connect thermocouple to P3 for power. But this thermocouple has 3 power inputs. I guess one is 0v for switch. How do i connect them to the board. Do i split the 5v between those thermocouple pins and connect ground directly. As i understand, it will be turned on at same time as Rambo board is. Can you please mark those pins on Mini_RAMBO board image and put it here, so i know what pins exactly do i need to use. Do i have to turn on those pins on conf. file somehow?

Thanks!

Napsal : 11/03/2016 3:02 pm
PJR
 PJR
(@pjr)
Antient Member Moderator

Kersti

The thermocouple kit comprises of the 2-wire thermocouple, plus an amplifier. I would imagine that the amplifier would need connections to 0V, +V and the same sensor input that the thermistor is currently connected to. The thermistor pins are ground and Analogue pin 0 via a 4K7 resistor with a couple of other components.

A +12V supply is available on one of the P3 connector pins.

You would have to look at the E3D documentation (which I am not familiar with) to ensure that you wire it correctly.

As mentioned, you would have to amend and compile the firmware to work with the PT100 thermocouple.

Peter

Please note: I do not have any affiliation with Prusa Research. Any advices given are offered in good faith. It is your responsibility to ensure that by following my advice you do not suffer or cause injury, damage…

Napsal : 11/03/2016 3:21 pm
kersti.v
(@kersti-v)
Topic starter answered:

I just realized that i have to connect that ground and middle(0V) pins to thermistor connector(T0) to board and this 5v pin to the P3 connector. Am i right?

Napsal : 11/03/2016 3:24 pm
kersti.v
(@kersti-v)
Topic starter answered:

Are these P3 connector 12V? E3D says that it needs 5V.

Napsal : 11/03/2016 3:27 pm
PJR
 PJR
(@pjr)
Antient Member Moderator

Kersti

I believe they are 12V, but there should be a 5V source somewhere on the board. Either that or get a buck regulator (a 7805 may suffice, but may also get hot - depends on the current drain).

Peter

Napsal : 11/03/2016 5:52 pm
PJR
 PJR
(@pjr)
Antient Member Moderator

Yeah, just checked. Pins 1 and 2 on P3 are both VCC with pins 4 and 7 being ground. Your best bet is to check the voltage there.

Actually, just remembered, I think someone is powering a Pi from those pins, so they should be 5V.

Peter

Napsal : 11/03/2016 5:58 pm
richard.l
(@richard-l)
Member Moderator

That would be me! I use the connector in the purple box to supply my pi with 5v..

Napsal : 11/03/2016 7:11 pm
PJR
 PJR
(@pjr)
Antient Member Moderator

Richard

I have been looking into the 5V voltage regulator on the RAMBo. It is a buck regulator: LM25011MY/NOPB. This is capable of supplying a maximum load of 2 Amps... (data sheet here: http://www.ti.com.cn/cn/lit/ds/symlink/lm25011.pdf )

This means that you are pushing the regulator to over its maximum capability; the Pi will be drawing 1 Amp (more with a camera attached) and the RAMBo will require at least the same. I really would urge you to implement a separate power supply for the Pi; best would be another buck regulator from the 12V PSU.

This is what I have purchased for the Pi, an Arduino Nano and LED lighting: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321759592153?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&var=510667276007&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT I intend to use 2 regulators for my add-ons.

Much better route than a new RAMBo.

Peter

Napsal : 12/03/2016 12:28 am
richard.l
(@richard-l)
Member Moderator

Peter

According to raspberrypi.org, the pi2 B draws a max of .82A and the camera is .25A. I am definitely pushing it and I have been thinking of moving the power off the Rambo to the power supply. Still trying to work out where I can place the regulator so it doesn't look completely out of place.

Napsal : 12/03/2016 4:06 am
PJR
 PJR
(@pjr)
Antient Member Moderator

Richard

There is plenty of room above the PSU for a small box with a regulator, but these are very small and will fit inside the printed part of the PSU, so it would be possible to just have an additional 5V cable out of the PSU.

Peter

Napsal : 12/03/2016 11:03 am
kersti.v
(@kersti-v)
Topic starter answered:

Thanks for response. I will try this 2 pin connector out what is marked purple. But i still need to know to i connect those ground and 0V pins to T0? and this 5v pin to that purple connection. And then i need to change thermostat nr to 20?.

Thanks!

Napsal : 12/03/2016 1:45 pm
kersti.v
(@kersti-v)
Topic starter answered:

I tried to change this conf file, but i cant get it from HEX file and im not familiar with Prusa i3 original frimware. I have used repetier on ramps 1.4 before, but not marlin on Rambo. So i think its too much to ask, but i have everything done and i only need firmware do get it working. I havent got 5V connected yet, but thats no problem. I just really need someone to give me firmware for original 1.75 prusa i3 with settings for E3D V6 with PT100 sensor. I would be so happy 🙂

Thanks! 🙂

Napsal : 12/03/2016 3:16 pm
PJR
 PJR
(@pjr)
Antient Member Moderator

Hi Kersti

I think Richard and I have done plenty of Googling for you to date. Now it's your turn.

In any event, I would not be willing to prepare a firmware HEX file for anyone else; what if it didn't work and worse, if it broke the printer? You would not be very happy with me then would you?

The beauty of Open Source is that with a little research, anyone is able to make and changes they want, including replacing the supplied thermistor with a thermocouple (after swapping the hot-end for one which can work with a thermocouple), but it is very unfair to ask others to do this for you.

Yes, I am more than willing to point you in the right direction (which may involve you doing a few searches) but no, I won't do it for you.

Hope you understand.

Peter

Napsal : 12/03/2016 8:33 pm
richard.l
(@richard-l)
Member Moderator

I'm with Peter on this. I spent a couple days looking over the firmware and making sure I understood everything before I made any changes.

I wouldn't want to be responsible for breaking your machine.

Napsal : 12/03/2016 10:30 pm
kersti.v
(@kersti-v)
Topic starter answered:

Im sorry to hear that. I have been trying to edit this firmware, but every time when i start checking if arduino IDE finds any mistakes, il get errors. There are so bad instructions about RAMBO firmware. I took firmware from https://github.com/prusa3d/Prusa-Firmware

There are steps :
Step 1
Install arduino

Step 2
Remove Liquid Crystal library from your arduino or rename it

Step 3
Install the arduino addon in root of this repo

Step 4
Copy one of the configuration from variants folder to the the Firmware folder

Step 5
Rename it to "Configuration_prusa.h"

Step 6
Compile the firmware

Step 7
Upload the firmware to board

I cant understand those Step 2-3. Everything else is ok, and i can do that, but this Liquid Cristal library? and what means root of this repo?. It should have steps where those folders are or something. I think i have done everything but every time i get this error:

exec: "-w": executable file not found in %PATH%
Error compiling for board RAMBo.

So, it can be open source and i know something about Arduino, but those instructions are not made for anyone :S

Napsal : 13/03/2016 10:12 am
kersti.v
(@kersti-v)
Topic starter answered:

How do i install this MarlinAddon? There are only files, no exe or anything. 🙁

Napsal : 13/03/2016 10:31 am
kersti.v
(@kersti-v)
Topic starter answered:

http://manual.prusa3d.com/Guide/Update+RAMBo+mini+firmware+%28OLD+method%29/11 this is allso out dated and not working.

Napsal : 13/03/2016 11:03 am
PJR
 PJR
(@pjr)
Antient Member Moderator

OK Kersti

The latest firmware source is available here: https://github.com/prusa3d/Prusa-i3-Plus

If you search my posts for terms like "Arduino" and "repository" you will find all the information you need.

As mentioned, you will need to remove or rename the standard Arduino LCD libraries.

Peter

Napsal : 13/03/2016 11:28 am
Stránka 1 / 5
Share: