Notifications
Clear all

Taulman 910 help  

RSS
Dave Hurt
(@dave-hurt)
Taulman 910 help

Hi Everyone, I'm trying to print with some Taulman 910 nylon. Currently printing at 255 with a cold bed. Bed is blue tape with gluestick on it. I've printed some other nylons before without much issue, but this one has me stumped so far. Any suggestions? Pic below, the Taulman 910 print is on the left, the same model in pla on the right for reference.

Posted : 10/09/2018 5:12 pm
x50arm
(@x50arm)
Estimable Member
Re: Taulman 910 help

I have had good results using the default ABS profile for the parts I needed at 100% infill. Just used glue stick on the PEI and let it cool down before removing. These were all small parts, I have not done anything bigger than a latch for a igloo cooler.

Posted : 10/09/2018 5:48 pm
Dave Hurt
(@dave-hurt)
Topic starter answered:

Hmmm, interesting... I'll have to give that shot... thanks for the suggestion!

Posted : 10/09/2018 5:59 pm
Dave Hurt
(@dave-hurt)
Topic starter answered:

So I've made a little progress.... things look at least usable now, but still ugly. I am hearing a bit of a popping from the hot end sometimes, is that a sign that some moisture has gotten into the nylon? Here are updated pics, top was the first try, middle was most recent, and bottom was the same part in pla for reference. This was ran at 80% infill, I'm going to run another at 100% to see if that's any better.

Posted : 15/09/2018 4:24 pm
christopher.d16
(@christopher-d16)
Eminent Member

I would try drying the filament and make sure you store it in a sealed ziplock bag or container with one of these: https://www.amazon.com/Improved-Eva-dry-333-Renewable-Dehumidifier/dp/B000H0XFCS/ref=asc_df_B000H0XFCS/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167123712426&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5241311508209592467&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9004797&hvtargid=pla-175638461812&psc=1 or some desiccant bags.

You might also want to try slowing down the first layer and possibly tightening up your Z-height a bit (seems a touch high in the PLA print). Make sure the parts cooling fan is off too. If you're not getting enough bed adhesion try a 50-50 mix of water and Elmer's Glue All and brush a light coat on the build surface. I got better adhesion with this than just using glue stick (although it is less convenient and messier).

I also use a nozzle temp of 255 and I'm having no issues getting clean prints from this filament on the MK3. I think my profile was based on the Taulman nylon profile that was included in Slic3r PE. I dialed the speeds down a bit from stock settings as I've found in the past on my other machine that improved the quality when printing small parts with a lot of detail. I think there might have been some Z-hop in the original profile that I also eliminated.

HTH

Posted : 22/09/2018 6:40 am
Share: