Notifications
Clear all

Has anyone usedCPE HG100 in MK3?  

RSS
corycwagner
(@corycwagner)
Eminent Member
Has anyone usedCPE HG100 in MK3?

Hi, I just built my MK3 about a week ago. I'm successful at printing using PLA (at least so far).

I ordered some CPE HG100 Deep Sea Transparent from the Prusa site, but I'm a little confused on how to use it.
There is no setting for CPE in the preheat menu, so, I chose "PLA" then went into the settings menu to "tune". I then turned the temperature to 267 and the bed to 75 (midpoints of the range stated on the box).

I was able to load the filament, but I can't seem to get the temperature to go above 255-258.

Should I be tweaking the fan settings? Am I risking ruining my printer by using this material?

Any help for this newbie would be greatly appreciated.

Posted : 15/05/2018 2:59 am
Frank
(@frank-17)
Re: Has anyone usedCPE HG100 in MK3?

Hi,
I'm printing currently the third spool of CPE. For loading and unloading I use the ABS setting in the preheat menu (it has the highest nozzle temperature). For loading is 255° enough. For printing I use the Fillamentum CPE preset in slic3r. It is similar to the PETG settings, just with 275° printing temperature and 90° bed temperature. I played with lower temperatures, but for me the differences in the print were very small and so I stay at the Prusa defaults. The MK3 has no housing, but the temperatures will be reached without problems.
The only disadvantage of the high printing temperature is for me, that there are sometimes black (like coal or tar) residues at the outside of the nozzle, specially at long prints. I don't know where this comes from, but mostly they land at the outside of the print and can be easy removed.

To remove the strings I use a hot air soldering iron after the print. The air with 320° melts the thin strings, and if you are fast enough you will not damage the surface of the print.

PS: Currently I'm printing all orange MK3 parts in exactly this blue CPE you have.

Best regards

Edit: Don't forget: Do not clean the steel sheet with alcohol, use a window cleaner like described in the manual.

Posted : 19/05/2018 5:53 pm
LaPointe
(@lapointe)
French moderator and translator Moderator
Re: Has anyone usedCPE HG100 in MK3?

For loading filament, I personnaly use the manual nozzle temperature setting in the "Settings" menu.

Posted : 20/05/2018 8:49 am
Kopplog
(@kopplog)
Estimable Member
HG100 layer separation

Hi, 

I'm using the 2nd spool now and still have layer separation issues when printing up walls higher than 7mm(!!!), thickness 1.2mm - 1.4mm ... The filament was dead dry, printed within the preferred settings:

IF SOMEONE MAY HELP ME WITH INSIGHT, I'D HIGLHLY APPRECIATE. 

Thanks so much, chris

Posted by: @corywagner

Hi, I just built my MK3 about a week ago. I'm successful at printing using PLA (at least so far).

I ordered some CPE HG100 Deep Sea Transparent from the Prusa site, but I'm a little confused on how to use it.
There is no setting for CPE in the preheat menu, so, I chose "PLA" then went into the settings menu to "tune". I then turned the temperature to 267 and the bed to 75 (midpoints of the range stated on the box).

I was able to load the filament, but I can't seem to get the temperature to go above 255-258.

Should I be tweaking the fan settings? Am I risking ruining my printer by using this material?

Any help for this newbie would be greatly appreciated.

Posted : 22/07/2021 4:44 pm
Share: