Clear all

Problems using M600 / multicolor prints  

RSS
coolRR
(@coolrr)
Trusted Member
Problems using M600 / multicolor prints

Hi,

I have a Prusa i3 MK2S. I'm interested in doing multicolor prints. Height-based, using the M600 command.

I tried doing such a print now, putting the M600 command between the parts that I wanted to use different colors for. You can see my GCode here: https://gist.github.com/cool-RR/3ad9d0edfdfbe5fa5aea30d36f8b43d6

I tried this a few times, but it failed. Most of the time, when the printer tried to automatically unload the existing filament, it didn't unload it all the way (i.e I'm trying to pull the filament out, but there still a few millimeters of it held in the extruder.) If I was unloading manually, like by using the menu when not doing a print, I would easily just choose "unload" again and it'll roll the extruder axis back some more and my filament would be clear. But in the menu invoked by M600, I have no such ability.

What can I do? Any idea why this is happening?

And if anyone who works on the Prusa firmware is hearing this: Adding a "Move Axis" submenu to the M600 menu would be a godsend.

Posted : 18/09/2017 6:48 pm
JeffJordan
(@jeffjordan)
Member Moderator
Re: Problems using M600 / multicolor prints

curious, never heard this before.

are you sure that you've assembled your e3d_v6 hotend correctly inside the extruder body, so that there is no part of the cooler "peeking out" of the extruder cover ?
at least two users managed to do so until now.

if everything is assembled correct: is your left fan running at full speed ? and is your environmental temperature below approx. 50°C ?
if yes, what does your printer respond to an M503 command, send through pronterface or octoctoprint ? there must be a line like this: echo: M92 X100.00 Y100.00 Z400.00 E161.30so, what is your value after E ???

dem inscheniör is' nix zu schwör...

Posted : 18/09/2017 9:58 pm
AJS
 AJS
(@ajs)
Noble Member
Re: Problems using M600 / multicolor prints

When I had my tension screws too tight, it would have difficulty auto unloading.

Please make sure they screws are set about 14mm from the body with no filament in, or 13mm with filament in. If they are shorter, you have too much tensions and this makes the unload unreliable.

Any advices given are offered in good faith. It is your responsibility to ensure that by following my advice you do not suffer or cause injury, damage or loss. If you solve your problem, please post the solution…

Posted : 19/09/2017 1:42 am
Share: