Notifications
Clear all

converting old M600 multicolor gcodes ?  

RSS
JeffJordan
(@jeffjordan)
Member Moderator
converting old M600 multicolor gcodes ?

is there an easy way to convert old multicolor gcodes, that require manual color changes with the M600 command, to be printed with the mm-kit and without manual interaction with the printer ?

ok, i know these old files deliver only a very limited, layer based colouring... but some of them are quite nice and useful (and sometimes the source *.stl's are missing).

dem inscheniör is' nix zu schwör...

Posted : 26/05/2017 10:46 am
PJR
 PJR
(@pjr)
Antient Member Moderator
Re: converting old M600 multicolor gcodes ?

Jeff

The problem with single filament GCode files is that they don't normally assign a tool (extruder), so the currently selected tool would be used for the print. Also start and end GCode sections are different and the tower is generated at every layer change.

There really is no way to convert an M600 code to one which generates a tower. There are various "triggers" within the gcode which the post processor needs to properly do its job which are missing from the single filament gcode.

It really would be better to simply change the start GCode to load the filament, and use the file as for single filament printer. You way also want to amend the end gcode to properly unload the filament at the end of the print.

Peter.

Please note: I do not have any affiliation with Prusa Research. Any advices given are offered in good faith. It is your responsibility to ensure that by following my advice you do not suffer or cause injury, damage…

Posted : 26/05/2017 11:09 am
Share: