Is it okay to print at 200%? Any long-term side-effects?

Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

RSS
eudoxos
(@eudoxos)

I am printing medical shields for covid, round the clock (plus minus). The Model (from tisknecelecesko.cz) has 7h32m print time with normal settings. I am currently printing it setting the printer to 200% manually. The results are okay.

I know I can manually adjust speed by setting material flow, translations speeds and such, but being a printing newbie, I use just with this single knob and leave the rests at defaults.

Can I increase the overall speed even more? What's the rule of thumb? Am I straining the printer (steppers?) too much, reducing their lifetime? Other tips? (Like running first few layers low-speed, then cranking it up by hand?)

Thanks!

Veröffentlicht : 02/04/2020 6:39 am
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member
RE: Is it okay to print at 200%? Any long-term side-effects?

I've put together some notes on improving print speedsthat you might find helpful. A larger nozzle can significantly shorten print times. 

While dialing up speeds with the front knob works, it may be difficult to get consistency that way. I'd recommend working in PrusaSlicer preview mode to find what changes improve print times and increase speeds in your settings so you can fire off a print and get good results.

Remember with PPE that we want it safe. Better to print a bit more slowly and get good parts than print faster and produce something prone to failure at the worst of times. 

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Veröffentlicht : 02/04/2020 1:17 pm
Teilen: