Notifications
Clear all

Prusa Delays  

Page 14 / 32
  RSS
Win J.
(@win-j)
Member
RE: Prusa Delays

 

Posted by: @niklas-2

20.01.23 -  no blogpost, nothing since the last " Beta Units will be shipped"  in this time bambu grows bigger and stronger. 
I´m very disappointed about Prusa.... and many more will be if the find out that the XL will be shipped with only 1 toolhead -  because the beta units were too ( from the 2 units you could see in the wild world) 
They should  make a statement in this  month or they will have more problems imo. 
As i can see in my FB Groups f.e. the ppl sell their mk3s to a Bambu ... 

Cool, maybe I can pick up a few on the cheap.  

I’ve seen many “Prusa Killers” come and go.  The Enders were called that back in the day.  The Bambu may, or may not, impact Prusa sales.  But since it a Chinese machine with a closed echo system that requires a cloud connection I don’t see where they are useable for a farm type of deployment.  I’ve looked at the machine, but I would need to stand up a totally new workflow to use it in my fledgling lab/farm.

I have said that Bambu did one thing no one else has done, made multi material / multi color printing work out of the box.  The Mosaic Palette guys should worry more than the Prusa team.

Let’s see what 6 months to a year of run time does for the stability and reliability of their platform is.

Posted : 21/01/2023 12:13 am
DonCo
(@donco)
Active Member
RE: Prusa Delays

 

Posted by: @win-j

Question: is the delays in the infrastructure equipment or the client interface?

Yes.

Posted : 21/01/2023 1:10 am
RickM
(@rickm)
Eminent Member
RE: Prusa Delays

For what its worth:

  • The X1/X1C work without internet connectivity
  • The P1P is getting a firmware update to also work without it
  • Both printers already work with direct SD card prints without any kind of connectivity at all. 

The cloud side of it sucks, but right now all its for is a camera feed and the ability to print directly from the slicer. I'm sure they'll be introducing some kind of subscription model for additional functionality fairly soon but nothing mission critial that you can't already do on any other printer.

As for it being a fad I think that ship has sailed. There's already posts on the 3dprinting subreddit and on twitter with people who were active in the XL preorder threads who've confirmed they cancelled their pre-orders in favour of an X1C with AMS unit, and I can't blame them, its a product that exists right now and works well. Prusa are without a shadow of a doubt losing sales to Bambu now, most likely most of those sales would be lost to the P1P given its price point conveniently matches up pretty well with Prusas.

Proud owner of an original Prusa Mendel i2, original wooden frame i3 and now a mini+

Posted : 21/01/2023 9:41 pm
MartinD
(@martind)
Estimable Member
RE: Prusa Delays

 

Posted by: @rickm

For what its worth:

  • The X1/X1C work without internet connectivity
  • The P1P is getting a firmware update to also work without it
  • Both printers already work with direct SD card prints without any kind of connectivity at all. 

The cloud side of it sucks, but right now all its for is a camera feed and the ability to print directly from the slicer. I'm sure they'll be introducing some kind of subscription model for additional functionality fairly soon but nothing mission critial that you can't already do on any other printer.

As for it being a fad I think that ship has sailed. There's already posts on the 3dprinting subreddit and on twitter with people who were active in the XL preorder threads who've confirmed they cancelled their pre-orders in favour of an X1C with AMS unit, and I can't blame them, its a product that exists right now and works well. Prusa are without a shadow of a doubt losing sales to Bambu now, most likely most of those sales would be lost to the P1P given its price point conveniently matches up pretty well with Prusas.

I am just checking Bamboo X1C with AMS and looks impressive, gotta go buy it, and if it is at least 80% as good as they are promising, I am going to cancel Prusa preorder and ratehre buy 2nd X1c. For that price that printer is a bargain.

Posted : 22/01/2023 12:07 am
RickM liked
DonCo
(@donco)
Active Member
RE: Prusa Delays

I have had it in my cart for a while. I may do it yet myself. I think it will do 90% of what I want. 

 

Posted : 22/01/2023 1:38 am
StuartB
(@stuartb)
Active Member
RE: Prusa Delays

It will be 12 months since I ordered any day now and 6 or 7 months since the expected delivery date.

I really needed to get a new printer 6 months ago, I can have a RAT RIG V-CORE 3.1 in around 2-3 weeks do I give up on the XL?

Prusa, if you are listening, this lack of information and delay after delay is not impressing this new customer of yours. I'm going back to thinking you're overpriced and overrated.

Posted : 24/01/2023 3:34 pm
MileHigh3Der
(@milehigh3der)
Honorable Member
RE: Prusa Delays

I think if people are just looking for a bigger printer, there are a lot of options out there besides the Prusa xl.  The Voron rat rig looks interesting, if you have some time for tweaking. I’m getting the XL for all of the other technological advantages like the heated bed, the multimaterial, and only slightly because it is bigger.

Posted : 24/01/2023 4:05 pm
StuartB
(@stuartb)
Active Member
RE: Prusa Delays

I'm actually going smaller with the XL, I have been running a Chiron 400x400x450mm it's stepping up in the quality I most want, and to go core XY.

Multi-material and the heated bed were/are a real bonus, as I often have to print with some supports I was/am looking forward to trying PVA support 'tips' for easy removal.

I just get the feeling the XL is months away again and 'a bird in the hand it worth two in the bush'.

Posted : 24/01/2023 4:15 pm
StuartB
(@stuartb)
Active Member
RE: Prusa Delays

Štěpán from the web chat says, 'However, we are working ona new article as we speak' and said this about when production would start 'We aim for Jan/Feb'.

No times or guides to when orders will ship only 'Unfortunately not, we can't calculate the shipping date before the start of the production 😕'

Posted : 24/01/2023 4:33 pm
Selta
(@selta)
Estimable Member
RE: Prusa Delays

There's still a week left in January, hoping that they put an official update out as they've promised (and, to me, an update doesn't mean something buried in Prusa Live)

Posted : 24/01/2023 7:03 pm
maxx78
(@maxx78)
Estimable Member
RE: Prusa Delays

I just canceled my XL order.

At the time it was announced i was excited of all the features and immedately put in an order.

Now my expectations for a printer in that price range have changed and i realized i do not need a big bed or multiple filaments.

I was in for a 2 head unit for PVA as support layer , but now the slicing has improved to a point where i feel that i would not benefit of it enough.

And i do not need multiple colors in a print, thats what paint is for 😉

So i will stay with my MK3 and [Irony ON] see you all suffer through the first half year of buggy firmware. [Irony OFF] 

Posted : 25/01/2023 9:03 am
fuchsr
(@fuchsr)
Famed Member
RE: Prusa Delays

Latest update:

https://blog.prusa3d.com/xl-video-update-beta-test-news-hardware-changes-and-shipping-schedule_74538/

Posted : 25/01/2023 6:44 pm
MartinD
(@martind)
Estimable Member
RE: Prusa Delays

Seeing that heart supports all along from BVOH gives me anxiety. 

Posted : 25/01/2023 6:56 pm
RickM
(@rickm)
Eminent Member
RE: Prusa Delays

Oof thats a bit of an abnormally unpolished video. No mention of the price which now looks astronomically high compared to other developments in the area since the xl was announced.

Proud owner of an original Prusa Mendel i2, original wooden frame i3 and now a mini+

Posted : 25/01/2023 6:58 pm
Win J.
(@win-j)
Member
RE: Prusa Delays

Price is available on the website in full view.

Posted by: @rickm

Oof thats a bit of an abnormally unpolished video. No mention of the price which now looks astronomically high compared to other developments in the area since the xl was announced.

 

Posted : 25/01/2023 7:00 pm
RickM
(@rickm)
Eminent Member
RE: Prusa Delays

 

Posted by: @win-j

Price is available on the website in full view.

Posted by: @rickm

Oof thats a bit of an abnormally unpolished video. No mention of the price which now looks astronomically high compared to other developments in the area since the xl was announced.

 

Well aware it is. I was referring to the price point they set back in 2021 which now conflicts pretty hard with the XLs competitors 😉

Proud owner of an original Prusa Mendel i2, original wooden frame i3 and now a mini+

Posted : 25/01/2023 7:01 pm
fuchsr
(@fuchsr)
Famed Member
RE: Prusa Delays

Well aware it is. I was referring to the price point they set back in 2021 which now conflicts pretty hard with the XLs competitors 😉

Not sure how to feel about it. Sure, there's been endless (and at times tangential) discussions in the Prusa vs Bambulab thread on pros and cons of each platform. And yes, with a single head, the price feels wrong compared to an X1C. But the 5 head solution? I don't see the X1C play in the same league, and the price feels more reasonable to me. But course, it'll still hurt to write that big check….

Posted : 25/01/2023 7:14 pm
RickM
(@rickm)
Eminent Member
RE:

 

Posted by: @fuchsr

Well aware it is. I was referring to the price point they set back in 2021 which now conflicts pretty hard with the XLs competitors 😉

Not sure how to feel about it. Sure, there's been endless (and at times tangential) discussions in the Prusa vs Bambulab thread on pros and cons of each platform. And yes, with a single head, the price feels wrong compared to an X1C. But the 5 head solution? I don't see the X1C play in the same league, and the price feels more reasonable to me. But course, it'll still hurt to write that big check….

The 5 head one (or even 2) does make sense being a higher price point, but IMO a single tool head option is pretty overpriced right now. For the price of 1 XL with a single tool head you can pick up two P1Ps AND two AMS units. I don't think Prusa can ignore that.

This post was modified 1 year ago by RickM

Proud owner of an original Prusa Mendel i2, original wooden frame i3 and now a mini+

Posted : 25/01/2023 7:19 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Member
RE: Prusa Delays

I am pretty happy they gave an update.  I think I am going to covert my order to the partially assembled model and 5 head and just wait.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 25/01/2023 7:31 pm
Selta
(@selta)
Estimable Member
RE: Prusa Delays

Got a chance to watch the video. Seems like a good update overall! I'm gonna hope for a 5 head maybe this fall-ish? Sounds like the multi-extruder beta may start sometime in the next couple of months and last ~2 months. Tons of variables still out there so we'll just have to keep waiting. Will be nice to see single-extruder reviews start once those ship out though!

Posted : 25/01/2023 9:04 pm
Page 14 / 32
Share: