Clear all

Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread  

Strona 227 / 241
  RSS
Larsinka
(@larsinka)
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread

@eindeveloper

Support told me I have to wait till beginning of June and I ordered January 27th -.-

Opublikowany : 10/03/2021 12:38 am
Fayoh
(@fayoh)
Eminent Member

It's a conspiracy I tell ya. 

While waiting for my mini, I start questioning myself if I shouldn't just order an mk3 instead. That's what they want. 😮

Opublikowany : 10/03/2021 7:51 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@fayoh

I did that myself.  Now, I own 8 Mk3S and 4 Minis.  I wish I owned more Minis and less Mk3S.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Opublikowany : 10/03/2021 9:11 pm
Daryl
(@daryl-2)
Trusted Member

I'm waiting on Mini #2 - ordered first week of February.  Decided to keep Mini #1 busy printing parts for Mini #2 in Red.  I really like Overture PETG Red - very vibrant color and prints well (with a few tweaks).  Hopefully the Prusa community won't disown me for having a Red Mini+ 😀 

Opublikowany : 10/03/2021 9:41 pm
Lorx7 i Pathstrider polubić
Fayoh
(@fayoh)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @cwbullet

@fayoh

I did that myself.  Now, I own 8 Mk3S and 4 Minis.  I wish I owned more Minis and less Mk3S.  

That ... is a significant amount of printers 😮 Hearing someone with 8 MK3S say they wish for more minis, makes me feel more comfortable with my decision.

How is the clone working? Given my tendencies of "fixing" what is not broken, I'm considering getting a clone Buddy board to tinker and play around with, while still having a working one to swap in when something goes wrong.

Opublikowany : 11/03/2021 8:12 am
einDeveloper
(@eindeveloper)
Posted by: @larsinka

@eindeveloper

Support told me I have to wait till beginning of June and I ordered January 27th -.-

They've also told me that I have to wait until the end of May... but I think they would be faster... these are rough estimates... 

Opublikowany : 11/03/2021 8:26 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@fayoh

I have three of them (one mk3s and two minis) and they work perfectly.  I did replace the hotend on the FYSTEC clones.  One intentionally and one inadvertently during assembly.  They did not take much tinkering.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Opublikowany : 11/03/2021 11:02 am
Fayoh polubić
hagensieker
(@hagensieker)
Eminent Member

Ordered my Mini+ kit on the 14th of December and got it a couple of days ago and built it.  I love it so much I ordered another one, however I ordered the non-kit version because the lead time is WAY shorter.  3-4 weeks.  So........waiting again!

Opublikowany : 11/03/2021 12:47 pm
Provemalone
(@provemalone)

I ordered mine on January 3rd, I was told I have to wait until mid to late april. Fingers crossed it comes sooner! This will be my very first 3d printer

Opublikowany : 11/03/2021 12:54 pm
Schnoidz
(@schnoidz)
Trusted Member
Posted by: @cashew92ftw

@lung

I added the satin sheet beacuse this is a new printer for me and i do intend on starting printing with PETG. The benifit is it should be good for both PETG and PLA. Though Is it worth it if your only going to print PLA id say not nessisarily. I just wanted to splurge and get a bit of all i can for the mini while i was waiting for it to ship, and $40 more while they said it wouldnt impact my shipping time i figured why not.

If you or anyone wants i'll post my thoughts on the different sheets when I have it all set up and done some tests with them.

I got an email today saying the satin sheet is back in stock.  I emailed asking if I could just add it to my Mini order (that should ship before the end of the month).  Waiting for a reply.  I'm hoping to save a little on shipping for the sheet.  LOL, I just checked and it's out of stock again!!

https://shop.prusa3d.com/en/accessories-mk3s-mk25s-mini/1543-mini-double-sided-powder-coated-satin-spring-steel-sheet.html

Opublikowany : 12/03/2021 1:45 am
Schnoidz
(@schnoidz)
Trusted Member
Hi,

MINI Double-sided Powder-coated Satin Spring Steel Sheet is now available.

This item is once again in-stock.

You can access the product page by clicking on the link: MINI Double-sided Powder-coated Satin Spring Steel Sheet
You can order it right now from our online shop.

Opublikowany : 12/03/2021 1:47 am
raymate
(@raymate)
Estimable Member

So we can get 3 different sheet now for the Mini ? I ordered mine with the extra textured. What does the satin do different from the included smooth?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prusa Mini+ (Ordered Dec 19,2020 - Arrived Feb 21,2021) stated clicking Mar 2nd / MP Select Mini V2

Opublikowany : 12/03/2021 1:52 am
Schnoidz
(@schnoidz)
Trusted Member

@raymate

I have no idea!  I've actually never even seen a 3D printer in person.  It was just something else I could order as I wait for mine to ship  😋 

Opublikowany : 12/03/2021 1:54 am
raymate polubić
Cashew92ftw
(@cashew92ftw)
Trusted Member

@raymate The satin sheet does the best of textured and smooth sheets, but in one. I got it on a whim and honestly, apart from setting up the profiles, i havent used my textured or smooth sheet since. Id value it over getting the whole set at this point. The only catch i have with it so far is it really attracts fingerprints, but i havent had any first layer issues. Also ive only used PLA and PETG so far.

Orange Juice Please

Opublikowany : 12/03/2021 2:13 am
raymate polubić
raymate
(@raymate)
Estimable Member

@cashew92ftw

So is it smooth or a bit textured. Yes Iv not even used my textured sheet its still in the wrapper 😀 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prusa Mini+ (Ordered Dec 19,2020 - Arrived Feb 21,2021) stated clicking Mar 2nd / MP Select Mini V2

Opublikowany : 12/03/2021 2:16 am
Cashew92ftw
(@cashew92ftw)
Trusted Member

@raymate Id say its more smooth than textured, but it does have some texture. I was thinking it would have more of a dry finish on it like a chalkboard, but its glossy, and id say it fits in as both visually inbetween the 2 sheets, and practically is as good as both sheets.

Just my opinion though. 

Orange Juice Please

Opublikowany : 12/03/2021 2:23 am
raymate polubić
raymate
(@raymate)
Estimable Member

@cashew92ftw

Thanks for the pic, im sold, signed up to be notified when its in stock again.... I just wished I saw this last week as I ordered a batch of PTFE tubes that arrived today. Never mind

Opublikowany : 12/03/2021 2:26 am
Cashew92ftw
(@cashew92ftw)
Trusted Member

@raymate right on man. Like i said i got it on a whim, and 0 regrets getting it. I appriciated getting both the textured and smooth sheets, but honestly havent used them. 

Fyi there is a way to set sheet profiles in the settings under HW. That way if you were to use the sheet, and swap back to your smooth sheet, all you do is click a few buttons and its all good to go. Assuming you dialed it in already.

Orange Juice Please

Opublikowany : 12/03/2021 2:33 am
raymate polubić
Cashew92ftw
(@cashew92ftw)
Trusted Member

@schnoidz i would just talk to their customer service through the chat. For me they could add it (what i was adding at the time) to my ongoing order, and id pay through paypal, sometimes there was more for shipping, sometimes none. I may have added a few times to my order XD. I think they could also merge orders if you dont have paypal. Meaning you would place the seccond order, and give customer service both order numbers explaining what you wanted and they can see what they can do. Point being i havent talked to them through email, but through chat and it went pretty well for me.

Orange Juice Please

Opublikowany : 12/03/2021 2:39 am
Schnoidz
(@schnoidz)
Trusted Member

@cashew92ftw

I did try chat as soon as I saw the email at lunch time.  It said chat was very busy and they would be about 30 minutes before they could get to me.  So I tried email instead.  I do have PayPal.  Next time I will wait for the chat to go through.

I did get an email yesterday telling me everything is good with my order and it will ship on time according to their shipping table.  I ordered on Feb 24th and it could ship as early as March 22nd. --------------

Thank you for shopping with Prusa Research!

We want to let you know that there are no problems with your order #*************. It is going through the production process and will be shipped according to the lead time stated on the product page upon purchase. To keep a detailed track of all lead times, please see our SHIPPING TABLE.

The world pandemic crisis got us somewhere where we would never expect to be at this point right now. We are increasing our production capacity but unforeseen hold-ups on the part of our suppliers and also their own suppliers appeared at the same time, which is slowing us down regardless. As soon as the order is ready, there will be an email with a tracking number sent to your email inbox. Please note, that if there is a variety of products in the order, it can be only shipped when all products are ready. Therefore you need to count with the longest lead time of any of the products in the order.

Thank you for your patience!

Prusa Research team

Opublikowany : 12/03/2021 2:57 am
Strona 227 / 241
Share: