Interesting. Mine was wrapped in all white. No fancy tape though

Posted : 24/02/2021 1:51 pm
raymate
(@raymate)
Estimable Member
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread

@craigb

That is interesting 🤔 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prusa Mini+ (Ordered Dec 19,2020 - Arrived Feb 21,2021) stated clicking Mar 2nd / MP Select Mini V2

Posted : 24/02/2021 1:52 pm
JordanK
(@jordank)
Eminent Member

Prusa just updated the shipping table page again this morning.  I ordered my Mini+ Kit on Dec 30 and the table shows "Now Shipping" but my order status still shows "Payment Accepted".  Let's see if that changes later today.  I'm curious if the table is accurate for the Mini+ Kits or if the kits are on some kind of alternative shipping schedule based on availability.  I'll let you all know if my status changes.

Jordan

Posted : 24/02/2021 2:07 pm
Cashew92ftw
(@cashew92ftw)
Trusted Member

@jordank

Thanks for the heads up on the updated shipping table. It does say the kits have a different schedual so be paitent. 

I just talked with customer service about my order and they mentioned its been 11 weeks since my order (dec 9th) and estimates at that time were for 13 weeks (cant remember the lead time at that time myself). I have had different answers from customer service about eta for shipping time for the kit, from beginning of march, to a few days to your 11/13 weeks. I do have a bunch of prusament, the satin sheet and asking for Jo's signature so i may not be a good example of shipping eta. 

Also fyi to anyone else, there are prusa mini satin sheets in the store right now 😀 

Orange Juice Please

Posted : 24/02/2021 4:52 pm
Royce
(@royce)

Got it! 😀  They didn't quite make noon, but I can't build it until after work anyway! 

Also, earlier I said I got the kit because the invoice really does have "kit" in the part number. Nevertheless, I am now pretty certain I got the pre-assembled. Even though the invoice has a single line item I now recall getting an extra sheet. Sorry for the confusion.

Posted : 24/02/2021 7:16 pm
raymate and CraigB liked
JordanK
(@jordank)
Eminent Member

I was looking at the shipping table and noted that they have added this comment:

"(Please note: This table is NOT for MINI+ kits - lead times there are longer!)"

Jordan

Posted : 24/02/2021 7:27 pm
raymate
(@raymate)
Estimable Member

@royce

The cat wants the box.... Interesting you can just see under the white wrap the Prusa logo. 

Enjoy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prusa Mini+ (Ordered Dec 19,2020 - Arrived Feb 21,2021) stated clicking Mar 2nd / MP Select Mini V2

Posted : 24/02/2021 7:40 pm
Royce
(@royce)
Posted by: @raymate

@royce

The cat wants the box.... Interesting you can just see under the white wrap the Prusa logo. 

Enjoy.

That cat wants to eat the plastic wrap. I have to watch her like a hawk. Gift ribbon is banned in my house. I once pulled about 18 inches out of her.

I could not see the Prusa logo in the picture until I went back and found it on the real life package. I don't think you can see that at any sort of distance. Still, the black wrap is clearly better.

Posted : 24/02/2021 7:49 pm
raymate liked
Lung
 Lung
(@lung)
Eminent Member

I still have 2 weeks until mine is shipped so if you could all stop talking about getting them and being so happy until then that would be great 😆 

Posted : 24/02/2021 8:50 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

White plastic, mine always come in black.

Yes, my cats love boxes also.   

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 24/02/2021 9:51 pm
Urban
(@urban)

Ordered Prusa Mini+ Kit version "MIN-K-P-ORG-PEI-FIL-TXT" on Dec 19th, 2020 to Slovenia, EU and still waiting. 😪 

Prusa Mini+ Kit (Ordered: 19.12.2020 - Arrived: 19.3.2021)

Posted : 25/02/2021 12:04 am
Schnoidz
(@schnoidz)
Trusted Member

Complete noob here.  I've never even seen a 3D printer, but I also just placed an order for:

Original Prusa MINI+ - Color : Black and orange, Spring steel sheet : BOTH STEEL SHEETS: Smooth PEI & Textured powder-coated (+30 USD), Filament sensor : Yes (+20 USD), Filament bundle : Prusament PLA Azure Blue (+24.99 USD)

Now the waiting begins  :o)

Posted : 25/02/2021 4:57 am
Cashew92ftw
(@cashew92ftw)
Trusted Member

@schnoidz

Welcome to the club 🙂 looks like your off to a good start there. Random tidbit, but you are able to keep adding to your order prior to it being shipped ig you choose to do so. Just talk to customer service. 

If you have questions feel free to ask them 🙂

Orange Juice Please

Posted : 25/02/2021 6:02 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@schnoidz

If you catch the bug like I did, you will have a room of them soon.

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 25/02/2021 11:12 am
Matt
 Matt
(@matt-2)
Trusted Member

@schnoidz

From someone who had no experience with Prusa printers before getting my MK3S (and a few months trying to wrangle into functioning what I believe was an early Anet A8 clone that I had borrowed), I can recommend a few extras and a little advice that will make your life easier:

• A silicone sock to cover the hotend so it won't get filthy. The ones that E3D Online sell for the V6 hotend are not a perfect fit like they are on the MK3 hotend, but they do stay on.
  • A bottle of isopropyl alcohol. You'll get through a lot of this cleaning the steel sheets, and the foil-sealed IPA-soaked cloth they give you for initial setup will be dry within a few minutes of opening. Finger prints, other oils, dust and microscopic filament residue all lower adhesion to the plate underneath, but a quick wipe down with IPA while cool before printing will ensure adhesion of the first layer remains strong.
    • Occasionally you will find sheets lose adhesion even after IPA cleaning, but a very brief wash with dish washing detergent liquid followed by an immediate thorough drying with paper towels and quick warm-up on the hotbed will refresh the adhesion back to normal in most cases (the textured sheet can be damaged by prolonged exposure to water so make this as brief as possible).
  • Some brass wire brushes for lightly cleaning the nozzle of debris. You don't want anything more abrasive like steel, as the nozzle is brass as well and steel could damage it.
  • A bottle of lubricating oil. I believe most people use something like sewing machine oil, but I've been using 3-in-1 oil. After 25 total hours of print time from new, my MK3S X-axis seized up and ground a small score into the upper rod. Since then I've been cleaning and lightly oiling the rods on all axes weekly.
    • Some people recommend removing the bearings, cleaning all the lubrication out and packing them full of something like lithium grease, but that's quite advanced and you'd have to disassemble a perfectly good printer just to get to them.

Posted : 25/02/2021 11:43 am
Schnoidz
(@schnoidz)
Trusted Member

@cashew92ftw

Thanks for the tidbit.  I'll try to learn what else would be handy and I'm sure I'll add to the order before it ships.

Posted : 25/02/2021 12:30 pm
Schnoidz
(@schnoidz)
Trusted Member

@cwbullet

NO!  That's a bit scary as I do tend to become obsessed with new hobbies and gather all that I can.  I'm also a bit of a hoarder and have a spare bedroom I need to clear out for the printer.  There will be plenty of room in there for more printers 😮

Posted : 25/02/2021 12:33 pm
Schnoidz
(@schnoidz)
Trusted Member

@matt-14

This is exactly the info I'm looking for.  I won't be ready (or confident enough) to disassemble a printer yet.  But I am ready to add care and maintenance supplies.  I also need to learn the proper "care and feeding" of the machine.  I live in a dusty area, would a large garbage bag fit over the printer?  After it's cooled down of course.

Posted : 25/02/2021 12:38 pm
einDeveloper
(@eindeveloper)

Hey guys, I'm waiting for my Prusa Mini+ kit... I'm so excited! I ordered my on the 26th of january... does anybody know when I can expect the delevivery.. round about..? 

Posted : 25/02/2021 6:39 pm
Page 223 / 241
Share: