Clear all

Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread  

Page 214 / 241
  RSS
CraigB
(@craigb)
Eminent Member
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread

Getting ready to order a mini+ (pre-assembled).  Since their live chat is closed at the moment, I'm posting this question here (sorry).  Do they charge your credit card when you submit the order, or when it ships?  Also, for those in the US - there seems to be a dollar difference between their FEDEX option (default) and FEDEX International Priority. Any real difference?

Posted : 31/12/2020 8:19 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@craigb

I think when you order.  I just order FEDEX.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 31/12/2020 8:26 pm
mGoleta
(@mgoleta-2)
Eminent Member

@craigb

They charge you when your order is placed.  Think of it as a 100% deposit.

When I ordered mine the shipping choices were DHL, UPS and FEDEX.  They had a special rate with FEDEX of $46.99 U.S.D.  FEDEX International Priority may be a different rate then the default FEDEX special rate.  It should show you on the checkout page what the different shipping rates are.

Posted : 31/12/2020 9:48 pm
raymate
(@raymate)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @craigb

Getting ready to order a mini+ (pre-assembled).  Since their live chat is closed at the moment, I'm posting this question here (sorry).  Do they charge your credit card when you submit the order, or when it ships?  Also, for those in the US - there seems to be a dollar difference between their FEDEX option (default) and FEDEX International Priority. Any real difference?

Yes they take it at the time of order, its not like Amazon they only take your money once shipped 🙂 (they have my $690 CND already) I used DHL to Canada, the UPS was over $160for some reason but DHL and FedEx was around $ 70-90

Then I will be hit for import duty when it gets to my door around $50-90 CND

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prusa Mini+ (Ordered Dec 19,2020 - Arrived Feb 21,2021) stated clicking Mar 2nd / MP Select Mini V2

Posted : 31/12/2020 9:55 pm
CraigB
(@craigb)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @mgoleta-2

@craigb

They charge you when your order is placed.  Think of it as a 100% deposit.

When I ordered mine the shipping choices were DHL, UPS and FEDEX.  They had a special rate with FEDEX of $46.99 U.S.D.  FEDEX International Priority may be a different rate then the default FEDEX special rate.  It should show you on the checkout page what the different shipping rates are.

Yeah - it's just a little confusing since there are two options. Different names. Same shipping time. ~1.00 difference. You might have to click on the image to see pricing.

Posted : 31/12/2020 9:57 pm
CraigB
(@craigb)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @cwbullet

@craigb

I think when you order.  I just order FEDEX.  

Also - QQ since I see you live nearby.  Is there any other fees (import/export/etc) for shipping a mini to the US?  I think if it's under $800 or so, there's no additional fees to pay. Just don't want any surprises...  Thanks!

Posted : 31/12/2020 10:15 pm
mGoleta
(@mgoleta-2)
Eminent Member

@craigb

I have not been charged a customs charge when it has been under $800 U.S.D.  in the U.S.   At least that was true in Nov. 2019.  We will see what happens on the new mini with filament option when it ships, ~$415 U.S.D including shipping.

Posted : 31/12/2020 11:04 pm
CraigB and raymate liked
raymate
(@raymate)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @mgoleta-2

@craigb

I have not been charged a customs charge when it has been under $800 U.S.D.  in the U.S.   At least that was true in Nov. 2019.  We will see what happens on the new mini with filament option when it ships, ~$415 U.S.D including shipping.

Yes it should be no charge for under $800 if your in the US, up North we will be charged as its anything over $ 50 CND we get nailed then its based based on the value of the item plus the Courier handling fee. I will be lucky if its under $ 700 CND all in.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prusa Mini+ (Ordered Dec 19,2020 - Arrived Feb 21,2021) stated clicking Mar 2nd / MP Select Mini V2

Posted : 31/12/2020 11:43 pm
CraigB liked
Bodgers
(@bodgers)
Posted by: @raymate
Posted by: @ed-13

@raymate

This will be my first 3d printer and yes, I got the plus version. 

It will arrive anytime now!

If you can try and post a pic, another member got his and its using moulded parts rather than the 3D printed parts to im interested to see if they are switching to moulded parts, they look so much better.

I got the plus as well. It looks like the large front and back rail parts are cast/moulded. Most of the other bits are still 3D printed though (display case, control unit box, axis ends etc. So I think that's the only difference. 

Posted : 01/01/2021 8:28 am
Gordon W
(@gordon-w)
Reputable Member

Prusa have said that they are switch to injection moulding for some of the larger parts, especially the parts that don't change design frequently. They are using reject filament and waste from the farm for these parts. I don't think the change was part of the mini + introduction as such, some people who got the + have printed parts.

Posted : 03/01/2021 2:57 pm
CraigB
(@craigb)
Eminent Member

Ok. The waiting now officially begins for me. Just ordered my first 3D printer - the Mini (assembled, not kit).  Opted to throw in the galaxy silver since I figured it was a decent neutral color to start off some test prints with.

Posted : 04/01/2021 9:13 pm
yehnahm8
(@yehnahm8)

the kit ship date got pushed back to last week of Feb? https://shop.prusa3d.com/en/3d-printers/1387-original-prusa-mini-kit.html

Leadtime also increased to 12wks as opposed to 9-10 for assembled.

😥

Posted : 06/01/2021 7:21 am
mGoleta
(@mgoleta-2)
Eminent Member

My order for the Mini with filament sensor on 10/30/2020 was shipped in 1/6/2020 and should be delivered tomorrow 1/11/2020.  I am in the U.S.

Posted : 10/01/2021 7:14 pm
raymate liked
Joe Schoeman
(@joe-schoeman)

I am about to order a Mini+ as my very first printer (I'm in South Africa). If orders are only being shipped from end Feb,  and with a lead time of 12 weeks, it seems I will only get the printer in May/June. This is an estimate with so many factors to possibly make it worse! Maybe I should wait and see?

Posted : 11/01/2021 1:09 pm
Joe Schoeman
(@joe-schoeman)

So I took the plunge and ordered the semi-assembled Mini as the waiting time seems to be less. Estimated shipping 15 Match 2021.

Posted : 13/01/2021 12:56 pm
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@joe-schoeman

Yes.  The shipping times are getting closer.  That is great news.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 13/01/2021 2:02 pm
Cashew92ftw
(@cashew92ftw)
Trusted Member

I ordered the Mini kit on December 9th, what are the chances of it being shipped before the end of February? 

Orange Juice Please

Posted : 15/01/2021 3:10 am
Cashew92ftw
(@cashew92ftw)
Trusted Member

@daniel-m-2

Sounds like more people want the kit option 🙂 

Orange Juice Please

Posted : 15/01/2021 4:11 am
karl-herbert
(@karl-herbert)
Illustrious Member

@cashew92ftw

I once (2017) waited 5 months for the delivery of my printer. I used the waiting time to build an enclosure and purchase various tools and utensils. I also studied the Prusa instructions carefully beforehand. This makes the waiting process less difficult.

Statt zu klagen, dass wir nicht alles haben, was wir wollen, sollten wir lieber dankbar sein, dass wir nicht alles bekommen, was wir verdienen.

Posted : 15/01/2021 10:12 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@karl-herbert

Great advice.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 15/01/2021 2:14 pm
Page 214 / 241