Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread  

Page 188 / 241
  RSS
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread
Posted by: @tm4n

I finally got my Mini! The delivery people said that my neighbours had told them on Saturday that I was dead 😲 
Not sure if that's just an excuse, but my neighbours can be strange like that...

The package had a sticker saying that the address was corrected, even though it was the same address on there again. But it shows that prusa did their job in getting it out for delivery again, so I am happy!

Great news!

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 16/06/2020 11:13 am
Tm4n liked
cho
 cho
(@cho)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @kiwo

DPD is right, only Prusa can start escalating it (B2B). And even so, DPD will say, investigating .... investigating ... we have 30 days ... investigating ...

So the most a person can do is provide to Prusa evidence, that DPD confirmed, that the post address is correct. And quite often remind itself to Prusa, that you are waiting.

Prusa could also simply say what time limit DPD has to carry out the investigation. DPD has informed me on Twitter that DPD considers the package as lost. That's why it has not been returned to Prusa yet.

Posted by: @tm4n

I finally got my Mini! The delivery people said that my neighbours had told them on Saturday that I was dead 😲 
Not sure if that's just an excuse, but my neighbours can be strange like that...

The package had a sticker saying that the address was corrected, even though it was the same address on there again. But it shows that prusa did their job in getting it out for delivery again, so I am happy!

Great news! 🙂 Now I'm jealous 😉
But after all, so there is still hope that Prusa can make a difference at DPD.

I then already sent a new e-mail to Prusa to enquire about the current status, whether DPD has already given any feedback at all and how things should continue. Again, we wait and see.

Posted : 16/06/2020 11:24 am
Tm4n liked
JM
 JM
(@jm)
Posted by: @billplein

Received my Jan 21 order today. Spreadsheet updated. My work day is going seem long and slow .... will open the box tonight. 

Congratulations ... It seems my Mini must be on its way - I ordered on Jan 8th ... my geography must be getting worse, I was under the impression that the UK was closer to the Czech Republic than the USA 😄- absolutely no indication from my courier that they've got it yet.

Posted : 16/06/2020 5:08 pm
Bill Plein
(@bill-plein)
Eminent Member

@wigglywoods

My guess is that they are bundling shipments via country (maybe just outside EU). Hope you get yours soon.

Austin, Texas, USA

Posted : 16/06/2020 7:50 pm
JM liked
mai-44
(@mai-44)

Ordered 29.01.2020 - shipped yesterday to Germany ... waiting for DPD to et the package moving over the border 🙂 

Posted : 16/06/2020 8:31 pm
John Doe
(@john-doe-3)
Estimable Member

@wigglywoods

UK is from EU export side a third world country, similar as USA.

@billplein

I looked on the excel and this month there was just one black Mini sent. And generally a lot of black ones are not marked as sent from December and January.

Posted : 17/06/2020 6:45 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

@wigglywoods

I'm pretty sure this will be valid next year when the Brexit will be completed.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 17/06/2020 6:48 am
JM liked
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

Two orders were marked as delivered in our spreadsheet yesterday.

Posted : 17/06/2020 6:49 am
vbl
 vbl
(@vbl)
Posted by: @hawwwran

@wigglywoods

While Brexit is done there is a transitional period until the end of 2020: all trade agreements etc. are still in effect. So, no customs duty and VAT is paid in the country you buy from.

Posted : 17/06/2020 10:15 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@tm4n

That so familiar black plastic.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 17/06/2020 10:35 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

Interesting find yesterday. Beware of a tree structure on the flash drive. If you have one folder on the drive, the USB is not recognized if inserted after boot. If you have nested folders, the print seems started but the desired temperature is set to 0°C so so print never starts. The bug is reported but not yet fixed.

Posted : 17/06/2020 11:04 am
JM
 JM
(@jm)

@wigglywoods

... after Brexit is completed and we 'pull up the drawbridge' - 'Fortress Britain😂😂😂' will soon become an actual 3rd world country, not just a perceived one from Europe.

OK - that's an exaggeration but economic prosperity will be 'vanishing over the horizon' after the end of this year - hope my mini arrives before then (having to pay import duty would be adding insult to injury).

Looking at the comments from other DPD customers I'm assuming they (DPD) - not Prusa - are the source of the delay.

Although going off the official Prusa shipping table it's only due to be shipped this week.

Posted : 17/06/2020 11:04 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

Keep ypur files in root only to get full functionality until the problem is fixed.

Posted : 17/06/2020 11:05 am
cho
 cho
(@cho)
Eminent Member

A new day without feedback from Prusa 🙁

If it goes on like this, sometime my 2nd order will arrive regularly before Prusa and DPD have clarified that with the package of my first order 🙁

Posted : 17/06/2020 12:31 pm
Crawlerin
(@crawlerin)
Prominent Member

Interesting find yesterday. Beware of a tree structure on the flash drive. If you have one folder on the drive, the USB is not recognized if inserted after boot. If you have nested folders, the print seems started but the desired temperature is set to 0°C so so print never starts. The bug is reported but not yet fixed.

Oh ... that may be reason stick is not auto-detected anymore. I needed to separate files into folders because working with USB is a bit clumsy.

Posted : 17/06/2020 3:27 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @crawlerin

Oh ... that may be reason stick is not auto-detected anymore. I needed to separate files into folders because working with USB is a bit clumsy.

It really is the reason. You can enter any menu and go back to have the USB recognised, but I find reset faster.

Posted : 17/06/2020 5:52 pm
Crawlerin liked
John Doe
(@john-doe-3)
Estimable Member

My order was just shipped from 12.1. Seems, like people in Prague start around 6am (email is from 6:43). dpd.cz doesn't have the shipping number yet in system. Not able to edit the spreadsheet.

Black, PEI, sensor, samples

Posted : 18/06/2020 5:29 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There were two orders marked as shipped in our spreadsheet yesterday.

One from 15.Dec

One from 8.Jan

Two orders were marked as delivered.

Link to editable spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cEUO-8AQevqBbD37C25bSPWbb3Lpk6q_-WZuZ0HOIOY

Posted : 18/06/2020 7:01 am
JM
 JM
(@jm)

My order was just shipped from 12.1. Seems, like people in Prague start around 6am (email is from 6:43). dpd.cz doesn't have the shipping number yet in system. Not able to edit the spreadsheet.

Been in a similar situation - only just found a link to an *editable* spreadsheet (thank you @hawwwran) so I've added my order - I've been trying, off and on, for months - however, I'm not sure how useful it is as I've just got the email from Prusa to say it's on its way. My order is remarkably similar to @kiwo.

This post was modified 4 years ago by JM
Posted : 18/06/2020 9:27 am
John Doe
(@john-doe-3)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @wigglywoods

Been in a similar situation - only just found a link to an *editable* spreadsheet (thank you @hawwwran) so I've added my order - I've been trying, off and on, for months - however, I'm not sure how useful it is as I've just got the email from Prusa to say it's on its way. My order is remarkably similar to @kiwo.

It goes like, they have a special computer linked to DPD portal in some office in Prusa. When filling a form with address (not sure if manually) into DPD webpage, it generates for the package a sticker with a number. You get an email from Prusa, that it is shipped (or will be) and the number.
And even when the number is in DPD system linked to a specific package, it reports just as "generated" in DPD system. So package is still in Prusa storage, but DPD knows, it will pick it up later today with having  specific sticker(number) on it. 

I assume, the package will be in transit in few hours.

Posted : 18/06/2020 10:03 am
JM liked
Page 188 / 241
Share: