Page 177 / 241
  RSS
LeeM
 LeeM
(@leem)
Eminent Member
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread

@charles-h13

I know you've tested and given recommendations about different filaments in another thread but wondered if  you are going to try the Prusament PC Blend on your Mini ?

Posted : 26/05/2020 9:35 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

@cho

I ordered my MINI on 24.Dec

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 26/05/2020 10:27 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@lee-mad

I have three rolls and plan to post a review.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 26/05/2020 10:30 am
LeeM liked
steve
(@steve-13)
Trusted Member

I understand the delays in shipping are frustrating but note just about every other 3D printer and part supplier is out of stock on many items with no posted delivery dates, I see it at many of the online stores I use. Welcome to the pandemic - there's hundreds of thousands of people like you (and me) printing PPE and needing filament, replacement nozzles, etc. Everywhere I look online most places are out of stock of many items.

Also note that Prusa has been very clear about the Mini lead times since the very beginning. I was one of the first to order way back in October and yes it was frustrating to wait 5 months but ultimately it was worth it. I would also say that if the schedule slips slightly because they're making improvements to the design I would welcome that; I'd rather have a more reliable, better working printer a week later than not. Ultimately it's better for them which is also better for you - for example if they can reduce customer support call volume then you will get help more quickly if you do need support.

I have an MK2, MK3 (with the MMU2s recently added) and now the Mini. For each one I ordered and then waited for months, but again this was expected. But all three printers are great and although I have a lot less hours on the Mini compared with the other two it has been fantastic so far.

If you can't wait then you can always cancel your order and consider other manufacturers. Personally I prefer Prusa because of the innovation, reliability and price. I have run my MK2 for 4 years with literally no issues - I haven't even had to refinish the PEI surface on the plate. My MK3 (now a 3s) has been perfect for 2 years. I believe when you use your own product to make your own product 24x7 like Prusa does that experience is priceless in making a top quality printer.

Good luck!

Posted : 26/05/2020 10:59 am
Gordon W
(@gordon-w)
Reputable Member

@cho

The shipping table has just been updated.

Posted : 26/05/2020 1:35 pm
adynis
(@adynis)
Eminent Member

Probably I will make some people sad, but hopefully I will give also some hope:

ordered on 25th December, I received today the shipping mail 🙂   (whuuhhooooo :-p )

Color orange, with sensor and with more fillaments.

Posted : 26/05/2020 1:47 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

Congratulations to all of you. The more printers is send around mine, the closer it is 🙂

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 26/05/2020 2:09 pm
AZ_TIM
(@az_tim)
Trusted Member

According to the tracking information, my printer is in town, but won't be delivered to my door until tomorrow...this makes me both happy and sad. 🙃 

I'm not a mad scientist, I'm an angry engineer in training.

Posted : 26/05/2020 2:51 pm
AZ_TIM
(@az_tim)
Trusted Member
Posted by: @tlovern

According to the tracking information, my printer is in town, but won't be delivered to my door until tomorrow...this makes me both happy and sad. 🙃 

Looks like they decided to ship it to me today! Just got a delivery notification for sometime in the next hour and a half!

Now I am 100% happy and 0% sad!

Posted : 26/05/2020 3:47 pm
Dipesh
(@dipesh)

Hello Everyone,

this is my first post and first ever 3d printer.  i ordered my printer on 25th dec 2019 and today just received an email confirming Shipped really excited and can't wait, seems like todays shipping table for my printer is due to ship for 1st june and shipped today which is good news as prusa as promised is bumping up the scale and seems like things could soon be back in shape.

now the stress and excitement waits when you know something is on its way and cant wait no more ( even tho i waited 5 months 😛 )

Posted : 26/05/2020 6:03 pm
AZ_TIM and Joe liked
AZ_TIM
(@az_tim)
Trusted Member

Its Alive!

Still working on my first layer calibration, but it is up and running.  (so far I'm at -.825 for my Z offset, I may bump it again)

Printing the "Prusa" sign as my first print - quicker turn around. Do the first layer calibration a bunch of times, think it is close, print the "Prusa" - rinse and repeat...

but I am a happy camper!

pictures will follow later.

Posted : 27/05/2020 1:21 am
John Doe
(@john-doe-3)
Estimable Member

New table

49-51/2019

December 2-22, 2019

Currently shipping

52/2019

December 23-29, 2019

From June 1, 2020

1/2020

December 30, 2019 - January 5, 2020

From June 8, 2020

2/2020

January 6-12, 2020

From June 15, 2020

3/2020

January 13-19, 2020

From June 22, 2020

4/2020

January 20-26, 2020

From June 29, 2020

5/2020

January 27 - February 2

early July 2020

Posted : 27/05/2020 7:21 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There were two orders marled as shipped in our spreadsheet yesterday.

One from 23.Dec

One from 25.Dec

Three orders were marked as delivered.

MPETS: 3.Jun (ramping up)

Posted : 27/05/2020 7:49 am
Andrew Pawelski
(@andrew-pawelski)
Trusted Member

It’s here - I can’t believe it - 6 days from Prague to Adelaide (South Australia)

spreadsheet about to be updated

Posted : 27/05/2020 10:07 am
AZ_TIM and Gordon W liked
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

You gotta love the black plastic on your doorstep.  

Congrats!  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 27/05/2020 10:26 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There was one order from 25.Dec marked as shipped in our spreadsheet yesterday.

One order from 25.Dec was directly marked as delivered.

Three orders were marked as delivered.

MPETS: 4.Jun (slowing down)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cEUO-8AQevqBbD37C25bSPWbb3Lpk6q_-WZuZ0HOIOY

Posted : 28/05/2020 5:49 am
LeeM
 LeeM
(@leem)
Eminent Member

Just had my shipping email, ordered Dec 29th (almost exactly 5 months ago), spreadsheet updated 😀 

@hawwwran, hang in there, soon be your turn.

Posted : 28/05/2020 12:47 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @lee-mad

Just had my shipping email, ordered Dec 29th (almost exactly 5 months ago), spreadsheet updated 😀 

@hawwwran, hang in there, soon be your turn.

Yes, it must be really close now.

Posted : 28/05/2020 1:05 pm
Steve Smith
(@steve-smith)
Trusted Member

I wish I knew how they were deciding on shipping.. They don't seem to be in any particular order..

Mine was ordered on the 21st.. and still hasn't shipped yet printers a week after mine have..

My Mini has: A SuperPINDA + Bondtech Heatbreak + Bondtech Extruder installed

Posted : 28/05/2020 2:32 pm
ferdiwillemse
(@ferdiwillemse)

My order shipped today. Ordered on December 12th. Black edition with sensor and filament. 

My first 3D printer ever. I have used 3D Hubs services to print my own designs in the past, but those costs quickly added up. So this was a much better solution. I hope my long waiting time paid off 🙂

This post was modified 4 years ago by ferdiwillemse
Posted : 28/05/2020 3:15 pm
Page 177 / 241
Share: