Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread  

Page 173 / 241
  RSS
Crawlerin
(@crawlerin)
Prominent Member
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread

@matthewmeek

There were proably more stuff, because even between first and second iteration they made significant changes to cable bundle mounts etc. Unless they don't change the number on "F" parts.

Here's experience from user here on this sforum: https://forum.prusa3d.com/forum/user-mods-octoprint-enclosures-nozzles/all-parts-reprinted-works-better-overall/ I am actually considering reprinting all parts in green PETG, but I am too a bit wary of disassembling it all. It does not look too hard though. I will see. I need to take care of that terribly sounding X end idler and this may be part of the work.

Posted : 18/05/2020 6:00 pm
Matt
 Matt
(@matt-2)
Trusted Member

@crawlerin

I've definitely got the second revision because my cables are clipped to the hotend with a printed part rather than a cable tie.

The number change is a bit confusing to me because some parts have less history on Github than their R number would imply. For example, parts that have never changed have only one revision in the history titled "Initial commit". This means that the history should show every revision that ever existed. However, the R4 parts I've listed above only have 1 or 3 historical revisions. The way I see it, that means they have gone from R1 straight to R4, or with either an R2 or R3 inbetween but not both.

I'm guessing that "selective infill changes" don't matter for functionality, so I'm really just wondering: what fault is corrected by the "larger hole for PTFE connector" in the extruder rear, by the "hole adjustments" in the Z bottom, and by the "smooth rods seating adjustment" in the Z carriage front.

Posted : 18/05/2020 7:43 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @matteo-cristini

How's it going guys? I'm not posting too often but I still read this thread from time to time. 

I'm close to one hundred print hours on my mini and it's been great! No failures yet - or at least not the printer's fault when it happened 🙂

Welcome back matteo. I'm preparing for being mad my printer still didn't shipped. But I still have few weeks to that 🙂 I remember your frustration the last week of waiting 🙂

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 18/05/2020 8:03 pm
Brian C
(@brian-c-2)

@matthewmeek

Thanks for the tip. Upon further investigation, the diagonal line that I saw was actually a line on the protective plastic screen film.

Thankfully, there was no visable damage to the screen. I still have to build the unit and power it up but at first glance it appears ok.

Thanks for the tips and response from the community

Posted : 18/05/2020 11:34 pm
Matt Boyer
(@matt-boyer)
Estimable Member

I guess I'm officially joining the waiting list.  They say they're shipping new orders in September, so that's only 4 months away.  I just have to forget about it and be surprised whenever it shows up.  Thankfully, I have the i3 to play with.  Plus, I may give the Mini to my Nephew so I've got a few months to decide what to do with it.  

Posted : 19/05/2020 12:03 am
burtronix liked
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There were no orders marked as shipped in our spreadsheet yesterday.

One order was marked as delivered.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 19/05/2020 5:29 am
Bart
 Bart
(@bart-3)

yippiiiiieeeeee,

My mini is shipped(or at least pre advised) 🙄 

Ordered 25-12-2019

Google sheet has been edited.

The waiting is beginning to end!

Posted : 19/05/2020 3:25 pm
cho
 cho
(@cho)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @bartou

yippiiiiieeeeee,

Ordered 25-12-2019

What? Orange or black? Do you ordered TXT? PEI? Sensor? Filament?

And: Congratulations! 🎉

It frustrates me very much that the order of dispatch differs so much from the order of the orders.

Posted : 19/05/2020 3:34 pm
Bart
 Bart
(@bart-3)

@cho

black, textured, pei, sample filament and no sensor.

It also frustrated me, up until about an hour ago.

Sorry for all the others that have to wait longer. 😪 

And thank you!

Posted : 19/05/2020 3:41 pm
Gordon W and AZ_TIM liked
cho
 cho
(@cho)
Eminent Member

@bartou

You can't be blamed for that. I'm happy for you! And yes, I am envious 😏 Will you let us know when your printer is delivered and what your impression is on it?

I´ve ordered the first Prusa Mini (black) on 10th December 2019 with PEI+TXT, Sensor and PLA Galaxy Black. The second order (black, PEI+TXT, Sensor, 1x extra PEI, 1x extra TXT) is dated 10th may 2020.

Here are a lot spools and sheets lying around, so that I need the printers to make the face shields (approx. 300 pieces). Currently the MK3 is occupied by a colleague for an important project and the other printer needs a spare part, which unfortunately was stopped by customs at the first shipment. Since we are also affected by financial losses due to COVID-19, I unfortunately cannot spend more money on it and order another new printer. Time is also a difficult issue.

Posted : 19/05/2020 4:07 pm
Matt Boyer
(@matt-boyer)
Estimable Member

If you order the Mini with a roll of filament (package deal) do they also include the sample pack?  Getting just the sample pack would have been free, then I could have just added rolls of filament.  By ordering the package (not a) deal I screwed myself out of the 5% discount on filament.  Did I also screw myself out of the free sample roll?  I think ordering the package deal should automatically come with the 5% because you're ordering the printer at the same time. 

I initially screwed myself by ordering 20 rolls of filament before the MK3S shipped, and you're not eligible for the discount until your printer has shipped.  But now my order HAS shipped and I'm seeing the 5% off extra filament, but I didn't get the discount on the filament I packaged with the Mini (Azure Blue because it's not available in the store).  I did get it on the other 3 rolls I ordered, but not because I was ordering a Mini.

My point is: if you're buying a "package deal" you should get the 5% off on that roll automatically even though your printer hasn't shipped.  What's the point of calling it a package deal?  Even if they want to be dicks about it, I should still have gotten the 5% as a current owner.  Now I'm wondering if I screwed myself out of a dollar and lost out on getting some free sample filament too.

Posted : 19/05/2020 4:29 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member
Posted by: @smoking_rubber

[...] My point is: if you're buying a "package deal" you should get the 5% off on that roll automatically even though your printer hasn't shipped.  What's the point of calling it a package deal?  Even if they want to be dicks about it, I should still have gotten the 5% as a current owner.  Now I'm wondering if I screwed myself out of a dollar and lost out on getting some free sample filament too.

Obvious question, but what did you pay for the package deal versus what you would have paid on the same day with your then-current status for the same items? If it was cheaper, you got the "deal" part of the package. As you weren't an owner at the time, you would not have received the additional owner's discount, but discounts are not usually cumulative in any case.

Prusa usually ships some sample filament regardless of what else you put on your order. I haven't purchased a Mini, but everything I've read indicates this is still the case. 

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 19/05/2020 5:13 pm
Crawlerin
(@crawlerin)
Prominent Member
Posted by: @smoking_rubber

If you order the Mini with a roll of filament (package deal) do they also include the sample pack?  Getting just the sample pack would have been free, then I could have just added rolls of filament.  By ordering the package (not a) deal I screwed myself out of the 5% discount on filament.  Did I also screw myself out of the free sample roll?  I think ordering the package deal should automatically come with the 5% because you're ordering the printer at the same time. 

I did get Galaxy Black and Lipstick Red samples with MINI, even if I was ordering roll of filament with it too. Those are really just few meters of filament in vacuum bag.

Posted : 19/05/2020 5:18 pm
Gordon W
(@gordon-w)
Reputable Member

@smoking_rubber

I don't think you get the (10m?) sample if you order the roll of filament. The 'deal' if you order the filament with the printer is that the printer and the filament are in the same shipping 'weight band' as shipping the printer on its own, so you effectively get free shipping on the filament. 

I think the 5% off only applies to people who bought the MK3, there doesn't appear to be anything similar for people who buy the mini. I appreciate the discount applies to you, but it might explain why they are not applying a discount.

Have you tried asking on the support chat, they ma send you a voucher or something.

Posted : 19/05/2020 5:24 pm
burtronix
(@burtronix)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @bartou

yippiiiiieeeeee,

Ordered 25-12-2019

OK, another order placed after mine has shipped. Just so I don't get jealous, let me look at the December stats. I ordered mine on 20-12. There were 41 orders before mine in December. Of those, 6 are shipped & 5 are delivered. There are also 34 orders after mine in December. Of those 1 has shipped. There, I feel better. Or I should say there are 30 people who ordered before me in December who have more justification to feel bad.

Whatever you find to do with your hands, do with all your might!

Posted : 19/05/2020 7:09 pm
Andrew Pawelski
(@andrew-pawelski)
Trusted Member

@burtronix

I’m one of them - ordered 12-18 but I think it definitely has something to do with parts of the order mine an orange 2 sheet and sensor.

im just happy to see orders shipping means the plant hasn’t shut down and mine will be coming sooooon

Posted : 19/05/2020 10:20 pm
burtronix
(@burtronix)
Reputable Member

@ajerazzor

I've ordered all that & a spool of Prusament. I suppose it puts me at the bottom of the barrel. But I already have an MK3S so I can wait. 

Posted : 19/05/2020 11:28 pm
Devon Rey
(@devon-rey)

Been monitoring this thread for some time now, finally decided to throw my hat into the ring. Added my order back from February (29-2-20) to the spreadsheet, the more data the merrier! Finally happy to replace my old fire-hazard with something that I don't need to worry about nearly as much, hah!

Posted : 19/05/2020 11:29 pm
adynis
(@adynis)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @burtronix

@ajerazzor

I've ordered all that & a spool of Prusament. I suppose it puts me at the bottom of the barrel. But I already have an MK3S so I can wait. 

Support confirmed me on chat that filaments are reserved so having an extended order should not add shipping delays (i have in my order more filaments which today are appearing as "out of stock", but support said that it's ok, they are reserved) 

This post was modified 4 years ago by adynis
Posted : 19/05/2020 11:34 pm
burtronix liked
burtronix
(@burtronix)
Reputable Member

@adynis

Good to know. But I wonder if they pick the simpler orders first even if they have stock. What else could explain the crazy order fulfillment order? 

Posted : 20/05/2020 12:00 am
Page 173 / 241
Share: