Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread  

Page 171 / 241
  RSS
Andrew Pawelski
(@andrew-pawelski)
Trusted Member
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread

@gordon-w

I doubt many will need to expand October again - i never looked at the graphs anyway.  Can we put a "note" on it to say what to do if it is a problem?

This post was modified 4 years ago by Andrew Pawelski
Posted : 14/05/2020 1:43 pm
burtronix
(@burtronix)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @gordon-w

If no one objects I'm happy to make a group to 'rollup' October for now and we can add further groups when shipping has clearly moved onto the next month.

No objection here - I know Excel, but sometimes Google Docs stumps me.

Whatever you find to do with your hands, do with all your might!

Posted : 14/05/2020 1:51 pm
AZ_TIM liked
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@burtronix

Isn’t that the truth!  I am not sure which is more user friendly, probably neither.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 14/05/2020 5:28 pm
burtronix
(@burtronix)
Reputable Member

@charles-h13

I used to do a lot of deep analysis with Excel, but every time there was a major upgrade it would take me months to find out how to navigate. I just haven't put in the time with Google docs because it's not my job anymore.

Posted : 14/05/2020 7:00 pm
Codetoad
(@codetoad)

I received my Mini today. Setup was really well documented and I had no trouble. Calibration and setup was simple. Successfully printed my first print without any issues. It was a long wait from early December, but I'm very impressed so far!

Posted : 15/05/2020 4:28 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There was one order from 4.Dec directly marked as delivered in pur spreadsheet yesterday.

One order was marked as delivered.

MPETS: 28.May (slowing down)

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 15/05/2020 8:15 am
moondog
(@moondog)

I just received the message that my Prusa Mini which I ordered on December 16 was shipped to Switzerland today. Unfortunately I did not manage to adjust the spreadsheet. How can I do that? Or can someone do that for me, thanks?

Posted : 15/05/2020 9:09 am
moondog
(@moondog)

Have now managed to edit the spreadsheet. You only have to delete htmlview# at the end of the webaddress. Then you get into edit mode 🙂

Posted : 15/05/2020 9:22 am
cho
 cho
(@cho)
Eminent Member

Can someone explain to me the order of dispatch? It can't be the order of the order, because I ordered e.g. on 10 December 2019, but later orders are already on their way.

Posted : 15/05/2020 5:52 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @cho

Can someone explain to me the order of dispatch? It can't be the order of the order, because I ordered e.g. on 10 December 2019, but later orders are already on their way.

If you think about it, it would be very ineffective to fulfill the orders strictly sequentialy. Just imagine that there is more assemblers. Every one of them works at different andsand non-constant speed. Some parts may br faulty and that slows it down. There needs to be certain span over currently processed orders. They shipped first december order about week ago. Your order will be shipped sometime next week. Hang in there.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 15/05/2020 8:03 pm
adynis
(@adynis)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @adynis
Posted by: @gordon-w

They appear have got the shipping dates for weeks 52/19 and 01/20 swapped, but would assume that's just a typo.

I think (and hope :-p ) that actually for 52/19 is June 1, not June 11 !! 🙂 51/19 is May 25, and 1/20 is June 8; so I think they just had a typo and write 11 in place of 1.

For me this could be a great news: 2 weeks earlier than before for week 52 😀 

They fixed week 52/2019 in the shipping table 🙂 Now it's 1st of June 👍 only a couple of weeks to wait for the week-52 ones :-p 

Posted : 15/05/2020 8:55 pm
burtronix
(@burtronix)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @cho

Prusa doesn't explain it & there is not a linear logic to it. Some of the reasons may have to do with availability of sensors, flexible sheets, & filament color options. But at least one person reported they changed their order & got almost immediate shipment, even thought their original order was in early May! Maybe that's the strategy you need: order one with everything & then change your order to the minimum & see if it ships right away. Or maybe the customer service person was first day on the job & didn't know any better. Anyway, I have no taste for sour grapes & will be content to wait for my mid-December order with everything.

Posted : 16/05/2020 12:49 am
bobstro liked
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There were three orders marked as shipped in our spreadsheet yesterday.

One from 14.Dec

One from 15.Dec

One from 16.Dec

One order was marked.as delivered.

Posted : 16/05/2020 8:22 am
Kanex
(@kanex)

Hi, I ordered mine on January 3, 2020.

Announced (currently) for the end of the first week of June, that's 6 months delay.

I know it's a difficult situation for everyone, but still, I find it a bit abusive especially knowing that the full price of the order is already cashed in. In this kind of situation, it would be a good idea to cash on delivery, as many retailers do ...

Posted : 17/05/2020 7:48 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @citizenk

Hi, I ordered mine on January 3, 2020.

Announced (currently) for the end of the first week of June, that's 6 months delay.

I know it's a difficult situation for everyone, but still, I find it a bit abusive especially knowing that the full price of the order is already cashed in. In this kind of situation, it would be a good idea to cash on delivery, as many retailers do ...

It's not a delay actualy. It was clear in january it will take take months to get the printer. The only delay happened because of problems they were solving in january. They needed to fix few issues in the design. They never claimed the MINI production was affected by the curent (covid) situation. I understand they could charge you when they ship, but still don't blame them for changing us us at start. In my case, I'm glas it's paid for it already. It would be unplesant surprise if the price of the printer would disappear from my account at an unknown moment.

Posted : 17/05/2020 8:33 am
John Doe
(@john-doe-3)
Estimable Member

@citizenk

The reason, why I didn't ordered on first months was, because same as with any entirely new complicated devices, first batch will always have issues, that can only be detected by use in a different real-live environment and different ways used. Like I doubt, that Prusa people tested mini for filament not exactly 1,75mm, bad transport and others now visible issues, which probably none thought at that time. I already returned one filament, which was cca 1,83mm and was exchanged for another one in my local store (Alza).   ... Mine (Mini), based on the known and written information at the time of purchase was in April, and made it clear that it can be longer. Now additional 2-3 months in delay and was obvious, that it will be not sooner (to be in April, now in June/July) also due to Covid.

Bought Anet A8 a year ago as a disassembled kit  from a small shop. The owner told me, that they already fixed most of the known problems and did few upgrades based on the past repair and experience. So some cables are already plugged and so on. It cost me cca by third more as on Aliexpress, but I never experienced any of the known illness of Anets.

This post was modified 4 years ago by John Doe
Posted : 17/05/2020 9:14 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There were no order changes marked in our spreadsheet yeasterday.

Posted : 17/05/2020 9:23 am
Gordon W
(@gordon-w)
Reputable Member

I'm curious if the latest printers to be delivered have the R4 parts or not. I'm not sure how long it takes from updated design to production, but the parts were updated on Github about 3 weeks ago, so I'd have thought they should be appearing on delivered printers soon!

Posted : 17/05/2020 11:00 am
SS220
(@ss220)
Estimable Member

Can anyone point to what the changes for R4 parts are?

Posted : 17/05/2020 2:18 pm
Gordon W
(@gordon-w)
Reputable Member

@stevensmith

There were changes to; MINI-extruder (larger hole for PTFE connector), MINI-extruder-idler.stl (selective infill adjusted), MINI-z-carriage-front.stl (Selective infill, smooth rods seating adjusted) and MINI-z-bottom.stl (hole adjustments, selective infill).

The new parts are marked "R4", but I'm not sure how visible the markings are without disassembly, so it maybe I'm asking a question that cannot be answered easily 🙄.

Posted : 17/05/2020 3:07 pm
Page 171 / 241
Share: