Page 165 / 241
  RSS
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread
Posted by: @gordon-w

@kiwo

Don't forget that the spreadsheet is only a community document populated by people on the forum. We don't know the total number of orders or number shipped a day but in a recent blog post they said their target for this month was 140 a day.

I do agree about communication although this has never been a strong point for Prusa. I am sure that they are looking at the problems and we will hear more when they have a solution.

That's true. It will be way more then three a day. But they are not ramping up unless there was a hidden peak in november (more orders then earlier average but not in our spreadsheet). I highly doubt that it's the case.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 30/04/2020 10:56 am
segaertjonas
(@segaertjonas)
Eminent Member

I contacted their chat support on April 10th with the question if they were able to provide me with a closer estimate on my order. They said it would ship in the next 14 days but that has now become 21 days already, and no shipping confirmation.

It would be nice if they would provide a queue, as suggested earlier by someone here already... 🙂

Posted : 30/04/2020 12:24 pm
John Doe
(@john-doe-3)
Estimable Member

@hawwwran

He wrote 8000 Minis in 2019 were sold. From April article, 140 a day, means 2,800‬ in one regular month (only 20 working days) 

Ref:
https://blog.prusaprinters.org/2019-recap-plans-for-2020-and-original-prusa-mini-update/

Posted : 30/04/2020 12:41 pm
DJArts
(@djarts)

I received mine on Monday. The assembly went fine, my test prints look great and I've had no problems so far.  I have nothing to compare it to as this is my first 3D printer but I'm happy with the quality of the product, the packaging and all the support materials from this company.  It was a long 5-month wait but I'm happy now that it's in my hands, and I'm looking forward to digging into it more this weekend.  

Posted : 30/04/2020 5:04 pm
segaertjonas
(@segaertjonas)
Eminent Member

Finally I've received my shipping notice! 

Spreadsheet udpated and I'll update again once delivered! 🙂

Posted : 30/04/2020 5:37 pm
AZ_TIM liked
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @kiwo

@hawwwran

He wrote 8000 Minis in 2019 were sold. From April article, 140 a day, means 2,800‬ in one regular month (only 20 working days) 

Ref:
https://blog.prusaprinters.org/2019-recap-plans-for-2020-and-original-prusa-mini-update/

And that's why I say they are not ramping up. I'm not sure wherher you agree with me or disagree. Prusa says that the last week of 2019 should be shipping around 20.Jun and I say ramping up my ass 🙂

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 30/04/2020 6:12 pm
Steve Smith
(@steve-smith)
Trusted Member
Posted by: @hawwwran

@hawwwran

Ref:

And that's why I say they are not ramping up. I'm not sure wherher you agree with me or disagree. Prusa says that the last week of 2019 should be shipping around 20.Jun and I say ramping up my ass 🙂

Well to be fair he wrote.

we’re ramping up the production with this month’s target of 140 MINIs manufactured every day.

So did they hit their target of 140 per day for April? As its now the end April that should have been 2,940 or 36% of the 8,000 and we are still waiting for another 7 weeks... The numbers don't add up

How many were they doing originally? that's anyone's guess.

My Mini has: A SuperPINDA + Bondtech Heatbreak + Bondtech Extruder installed

Posted : 30/04/2020 6:45 pm
Sam_PNW
(@sam_pnw)

One thing I should add, when I updated my order from Prusa MINI to MK3S, the time I have waited for the MINI already applies to the MK3S so I don't have to wait for an additional 4 weeks to ship a MK3S. As a matter of fact my order was updated on the 28th April and today my MK3S has shipped. If you are thinking of cancelling your MINI order due to the extreme wait time then this may be an option to get you a 3D printer sooner, if you are willing and able to pay the extra cost difference of course. You will need to contact Prusa support to make the change.

Either way, good luck and happy printing.

Posted : 30/04/2020 6:48 pm
burtronix
(@burtronix)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @samstinson

One thing I should add, when I updated my order from Prusa MINI to MK3S, the time I have waited for the MINI already applies to the MK3S so I don't have to wait for an additional 4 weeks to ship a MK3S. As a matter of fact my order was updated on the 28th April and today my MK3S has shipped. If you are thinking of cancelling your MINI order due to the extreme wait time then this may be an option to get you a 3D printer sooner, if you are willing and able to pay the extra cost difference of course. You will need to contact Prusa support to make the change.

Either way, good luck and happy printing.

You changed to MK3S kit or assembled? Lead time on the kit is now 2 weeks. Assembled is 4-5 weeks. 

Whatever you find to do with your hands, do with all your might!

Posted : 30/04/2020 7:37 pm
Sam_PNW
(@sam_pnw)

@burtronix

I upgraded to the kit. I was quoted 4 weeks wait time by support for the MK3S kit when we were exchanging emails a few weeks back. The official shipping table now states 3 weeks wait for the kit. https://help.prusa3d.com/en/article/shipping-information_2297/
Anyways, if you ordered the MINI more than 3 weeks back you can get a MK3S shipped right away.

Posted : 30/04/2020 8:17 pm
Purplefowler
(@purplefowler)

All arrived safely and had fun building it with my youngest (which also meant I had to split my pack of haribo!). Done a few prints and had a few fails so far. The first couple shut down and flashed the watchdog thing but after checking here, I found out it could be the supplied usb stick, used my own and no problems since. Also got a few bed sticking troubles but when it does stick, man those are some sexy prints! I’m only using cheapo pla (no work during lockdown so couldn’t afford any good stuff), but it printed beautifully. Once I’ve got to know the machine’s quirks and likes, I reckon I’ve got a great little printer which was well worth the wait! Love the included face shield too, 

Posted : 30/04/2020 10:27 pm
Andrew Pawelski
(@andrew-pawelski)
Trusted Member

Im still either 20 days or 40 days depending on the column I read (props to @hawwwran) in the spreadsheet from shipping but wondering if anyone has found a compilation of things to do (loosen this/tighten that/check this) above and beyond what the manual says for the rev 3?  Seems to be different info depending on the rev and I haven’t found a one stop for it all

Posted : 01/05/2020 12:38 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @stephensmith

@hawwwran

Ref:
https://blog.prusaprinters.org/2019-recap-plans-for-2020-and-original-prusa-mini-update/ ll to be fair he wrote.

we’re ramping up the production with this month’s target of 140 MINIs manufactured every day.

So did they hit their target of 140 per day for April? As its now the end April that should have been 2,940 or 36% of the 8,000 and we are still waiting for another 7 weeks... The numbers don't add up

How did you get that 36% were sent?

If I ignore what was shipped until february, they had three months of shipping. So let's say 60 days. That would give only 49/day in average. The are an like a half of november with shipping. That would mean the rest of all 2019 orders would need to fit in half of november and december. I don't see any sign saying 64% (5060) of orders were done in late november and december. The peek was the release day in october, not december.

Posted : 01/05/2020 6:31 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There was one order from 29.Nov marked as sent in our spreadsheet yesterday.

One order was marked as delivered.

MPETS: 23.May (steady)

This post was modified 4 years ago by Hawwwran

Posted : 01/05/2020 6:46 am
Steve Smith
(@steve-smith)
Trusted Member

@hawwwran

Ref:
https://blog.prusaprinters.org/2019-recap-plans-for-2020-and-original-prusa-mini-update/ ll to be fair he wrote.

How did you get that 36% were sent?

If I ignore what was shipped until february, they had three months of shipping. So let's say 60 days. That would give only 49/day in average. The are an like a half of november with shipping. That would mean the rest of all 2019 orders would need to fit in half of november and december. I don't see any sign saying 64% (5060) of orders were done in late november and december. The peek was the release day in october, not december.

I never said they were sent.. but according to their targets for April thats how many they should have produced.. which I do not believe those targets were reached. 

Posted : 01/05/2020 7:10 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

@stephensmith

Sorry, I guess I don't get it.

1. What did you say the 36% mean?

2. How did you calculated it?

Posted : 01/05/2020 7:20 am
Steve Smith
(@steve-smith)
Trusted Member

@stephensmith

Well their target was to produce 140 Minis per day from 1st April..
So 21 working days in April.. 140 x 21 is 2940 Prusa Minis produced.. they are still working on 2019 orders (8000) 2940 minis of 8000 is 36%

So they would have us believe they have produced 36% of the orders in 1 month.. yet we still have a delay of 2 months before shipment of end of Dec orders are dispatched. I don't believe it

Posted : 01/05/2020 7:28 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

@stephensmith

Well their target was to produce 140 Minis per day from 1st April..
So 21 working days in April.. 140 x 21 is 2940 Prusa Minis produced.. they are still working on 2019 orders (8000) 2940 minis of 8000 is 36%

So they would have us believe they have produced 36% of the orders in 1 month.. yet we still have a delay of 2 months before shipment of end of Dec orders are dispatched. I don't believe it

Ohh, now I get it! I don't believe it either cause the numbers just don't match up. 

Posted : 01/05/2020 9:21 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There were two orders marked as shipped in our spreadsheet yesterday.

Both from 29.Nov

One order from 21.Oct was directly marked as delivered.

Four orders were marked as delivered

Posted : 02/05/2020 7:51 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There were no orders marked as shipped in our spreadsheet yesterday.

One order was marked as delivered.

Posted : 03/05/2020 1:13 pm
Page 165 / 241
Share: