Page 163 / 241
  RSS
Lemm_uk
(@lemm_uk)
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread
Posted by: @charles-h13

The clones have begun:

The Prusa clone on Aliexpress

Good spot! Its a little pricey for an clone with shipping and tax's, its also pre-order as well.

It will be very interesting to see the reviews once they ship.

Posted : 26/04/2020 4:25 pm
Andrew Pawelski
(@andrew-pawelski)
Trusted Member
Posted by: @charles-h13

The clones have begun:

The Prusa clone on Aliexpress

I wonder if I ordered a clone if it would beat my original order getting to me 🙂

Posted : 26/04/2020 10:22 pm
With_Maltodextrin
(@with_maltodextrin)
Trusted Member

The margins Prusa are getting on the Mini must be pretty thin, considering the clones aren't *that* much cheaper. Compare to the MK3S where they're like half the cost..

Posted : 26/04/2020 10:55 pm
Andrew Pawelski
(@andrew-pawelski)
Trusted Member

@with_maltodextrin

Yes I was only joking - I’m a virgin prusa owner (to be) and from what I’ve read the support that comes wirh their products is like no other -  any saving on the base cost would be outweighed by the first support call or replacement part  I would imagine 

Posted : 26/04/2020 11:17 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There were no orders marked as delivered in our spreadsheet yesterday.

One order was marked as delivered.

MPETS: 22.May

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 27/04/2020 6:11 am
Dr. Wunderlurch
(@dr-wunderlurch)
Eminent Member

@lemm_uk

thats what i thought when i saw it. If I add shipping and Taxes, I'm nearly at the Price of the original Prusa. so why should i order the clone anyway? The Clone-guys have to work harder than that! 😉

Posted : 27/04/2020 8:55 am
burtronix
(@burtronix)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @dr-wunderlurch

@lemm_uk

thats what i thought when i saw it. If I add shipping and Taxes, I'm nearly at the Price of the original Prusa. so why should i order the clone anyway? The Clone-guys have to work harder than that! 😉

They're probably testing the market to see if there is a price premium for being able to deliver in less than a month. 

Whatever you find to do with your hands, do with all your might!

Posted : 27/04/2020 9:16 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

What is actually in the package? Any tools?

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 27/04/2020 10:47 am
Gordon W
(@gordon-w)
Reputable Member

@hawwwran

No tools listed. You also have to provide the printed parts, which may be an issue for a large part of the target market for the mini!

Posted : 27/04/2020 10:57 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @gordon-w

@hawwwran

No tools listed. You also have to provide the printed parts, which may be an issue for a large part of the target market for the mini!

Printed parts what? Are we talking about genuine Prusa MINI?

Posted : 27/04/2020 11:01 am
highrock
(@highrock)

Mini arrived, spreadsheet updated! Assembly smooth and easy, benchy printing and looking good!

Posted : 27/04/2020 11:47 am
bobc
 bobc
(@bobc)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @hawwwran

@hawwwran

The Aliexpress vendors generally sell printer "kits" without the printed plastic parts (nor Haribo bears). You are expected to source your own.

Posted : 27/04/2020 11:57 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @bobcousins

@hawwwran

The Aliexpress vendors generally sell printer "kits" without the printed plastic parts (nor Haribo bears). You are expected to source your own.

My question was on the genuine printer. Whether there are arme tools like pliers or tweezers of any kind

Posted : 27/04/2020 11:59 am
bobc
 bobc
(@bobc)
Reputable Member

My question was on the genuine printer. Whether there are any tools like pliers or tweezers of any kind

Oh sorry. The Prusa mini comes with a hex key and a wrench for the nozzle, no other tools.

This post was modified 4 years ago by bobc
Posted : 27/04/2020 12:12 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

My question was on the genuine printer. Whether there are any tools like pliers or tweezers of any kind

Oh sorry. The Prusa mini comes with a hex key and a wrench for the nozzle, no other tools.

Ok, thanks

Posted : 27/04/2020 1:31 pm
Frankincell
(@frankincell)
Estimable Member

Ok, thanks

Luckily...  You don't need any other tools.  It has everything you need to print your first test print.   Other printers come with a "scraper" of some kind... this printer doesn't need it thanks to the flex-steel print surface.

All your filament are belong to us!

Posted : 27/04/2020 1:38 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @frankincell

Ok, thanks

Luckily...  You don't need any other tools.  It has everything you need to print your first test print.   Other printers come with a "scraper" of some kind... this printer doesn't need it thanks to the flex-steel print surface.

I use cutting pliers and tweezers often. I wondered wheather I can give away away the ones I have with my temporary printer or not.

Posted : 27/04/2020 2:46 pm
Fred
 Fred
(@fred-4)

For data purposes, I ordered 21/11/2019 and just got my shipping email.

Thanks,

Fred

Posted : 27/04/2020 5:40 pm
AZ_TIM liked
AZ_TIM
(@az_tim)
Trusted Member

@fniemi

I'm happy for you!

mine was ordered mid December, so this is encouraging!

I'm not a mad scientist, I'm an angry engineer in training.

Posted : 27/04/2020 5:43 pm
With_Maltodextrin
(@with_maltodextrin)
Trusted Member
Posted by: @ajerazzor

@with_maltodextrin

Yes I was only joking - I’m a virgin prusa owner (to be) and from what I’ve read the support that comes wirh their products is like no other -  any saving on the base cost would be outweighed by the first support call or replacement part  I would imagine 

Hah! I wasn't replying to you at all, just writing stream of consciousness thoughts on the Mini clones. I was just thinking how even less worth it the clones are due to the savings being so much lower.

To add to your reply, you're also supporting the folks that pay engineers and developers, and then open source all this stuff - moving the industry forward - in the first place.

Posted : 27/04/2020 11:56 pm
Page 163 / 241
Share: