Notifications
Clear all

Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread  

Page 161 / 241
  RSS
kimwo
(@kimwo)
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread

My package finally arrived UK.  Ordered 11 Nov.  DPD collected 1044hrs Monday 20th.  Delivered after three days at 1212hrs.  10 status reports on the way.  Very good service.  

I shall have to keep reading  this thread!  It has become part of daily life. 

Posted : 23/04/2020 12:18 pm
Onlinedriver
(@onlinedriver)

@hawwwran
I filled in the data about my order from 28.10.2020.
  I saw P.M. but I can't answer. It shows me:
"You are not allowed to write a message yet."
Do you know why?
How do you know what a printer revision is?

Posted : 23/04/2020 12:45 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @dtyrobert

@hawwwran
I filled in the data about my order from 28.10.2020.
  I saw P.M. but I can't answer. It shows me:
"You are not allowed to write a message yet."
Do you know why?

You need to have few posts in this forum first. So it works now, maybe.

You don't need to try to find out the revision. Some parts were improved long time ago. They put the improved parts in all new printers. The printer you get is the latest revidion at that time.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 23/04/2020 2:31 pm
burtronix liked
Onlinedriver
(@onlinedriver)

@hawwwran

Here?

Attachment removed
Posted : 23/04/2020 10:16 pm
Pre
 Pre
(@pre)

So today my Mini arrived and i assemblied it within approx 1 hour its really well designed and i had a lot of fun putting it together.

I had to put an additional zip tie to the hotendcables to tie it with the ptfe tube so it is not able to get stuck on the top of the z axis(happend to me while i was doing the self test) 

i tweaked the Live Z axis for around 1 hour to get the best result i could possibly achieve and then printed a benchy.

Im into 3D printing since 2012 my first printer was a mendelmax i have been through ups and downs

i also have a Rostock Max V2 wich i tweaked and tuned with every overkill upgrade there is(bondtech, aluminium mount,carbon fibre rods ,completely new stepper motors) and i can tell you that the Mini printed a Benchy that is almost Perfect.Oh how i love Prusa

Posted : 23/04/2020 10:47 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

@hawwwran

Here?

Attachment removed

Never had a prusa printer in my hands. This looks like the buddy bord is of version 1.0.0. I guess there is no higher versiou out yet.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 24/04/2020 5:29 am
Spiidi
(@spiidi)

Hi all,

I haven't filled the spreadsheet, but I received a shipping notice yesterday for my Dec 2nd 2019 order of Prusa Mini. So they seem to be ramping up the production very well as mine was estimated to ship on the week of May 22nd.

- Mika

Posted : 24/04/2020 5:36 am
Duckforceone
(@duckforceone)

ordered by end of december...

i suffer from adhd so me being willing to wait for 4 months to get printer, is HUGE...

Now it seems like i am going to end up on at least 6 months... and with the quarantine, i'm buying stl kickstarters left and right, and nothing to print on... i'm getting itchy...

debating just switching to a mk3s, but that looks like it has 1-2 months lead time currently... so that might be just the same....

and i am sitting on a freshly started youtube DM and 3d print review channel, that can't get going until i get a printer... ARGH!!!!

Posted : 24/04/2020 6:01 am
siyengar
(@siyengar)

@hawwwran

hello!

I was curious, how exactly do your calculations differ from Prusa's? I've noticed that you often predict that orders will show up ~2 months before Prusa predicts.

I'm planning to place my order this weekend (my birthday just passed, was hoping to get it soon but guess not 🤣), when do you reckon it'll ship out? I'm in California, if it matters. 

many thanks,

siyengar

This post was modified 4 years ago by siyengar
Posted : 24/04/2020 7:01 am
Fury
 Fury
(@fury)

@hawwwran

I just saw your post about the "HPETS - Hawwwran's Printer's Estimated Time of Shippment" times... I REAAAALY hope your calculations are correct, because it'll shave 2 months off my order.. Seeing as my CR10S Pro blew the board on the gantry, and all available replacement ones are over a month away, I'm stuck with my old little MonoPrice Select Mini V2... So seeing your estimate be a little over 1.5 month wait is excellent... Heres hoping.

Posted : 24/04/2020 7:11 am
Dr. Wunderlurch
(@dr-wunderlurch)
Eminent Member

uh i shouldn't have looked at the Spreadsheet... the HPETS Date went up to days from yesterday. 😱 

But I'm really curious how close the estimate is going to be for me. 😀 

Posted : 24/04/2020 8:21 am
Duckforceone
(@duckforceone)

finally got the spreadsheet to load for me.. it seems that even though i placed my order on the 31st of december, it wasn't registerred until 1 month later... so i'm even further down the list than i expected.

Posted : 24/04/2020 8:28 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There were two orders marked as shipped in our spreadsheet yesterday.

One from 15.Nov

One from 27.Nov

Four orders were marked as delivered.

MPETS: 21.May

Posted : 24/04/2020 8:40 am
Gordon W
(@gordon-w)
Reputable Member

It's interesting (at least it is to me 😊 ) that all the late November orders that are showing shipped / delivered don't include the sensor. This maybe a coincidence, but could be an indication that supply / final build of the sensor is starting to become a bottleneck. FWIW personal opinion is that it's more a coincidence / result of current working practices as the pattern is not consistent for orders placed in early Nov.

Posted : 24/04/2020 9:05 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@duckforceone

That is a fair estimate.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 24/04/2020 9:23 am
bobc
 bobc
(@bobc)
Reputable Member

I don't know if Prusa label the printer with a revision number, or even have a build version apart from "latest", but some of the STL parts have a revision number. You can see the parts modified at each revision listed at https://github.com/prusa3d/Original-Prusa-MINI/releases.

Some of the parts on my printer were labelled R2, but the printer did not have all of the parts that were changed at R2, so its kinda an R1/R2 hybrid.

Some places to look: the cable clip on the hotend, underneath the X end, underneath the Z carriage front.

Posted : 24/04/2020 11:03 am
Onlinedriver
(@onlinedriver)
Posted by: @bobcousins

I don't know if Prusa label the printer with a revision number, or even have a build version apart from "latest", but some of the STL parts have a revision number. You can see the parts modified at each revision listed at https://github.com/prusa3d/Original-Prusa-MINI/releases.

Some of the parts on my printer were labelled R2, but the printer did not have all of the parts that were changed at R2, so its kinda an R1/R2 hybrid.

Some places to look: the cable clip on the hotend, underneath the X end, underneath the Z carriage front.

I also checked and I also found out that it is an R1 / R2 hybrid. But I checked and compared the modified parts. There are differences between some layers. And overall, Prusa gains material and printing time. A little on a printer but a lot on a whole series!

Posted : 24/04/2020 12:18 pm
kimwo
(@kimwo)

Well I have had my printer for 24hours now.  When I read on this thread many times "you won't be disappointed" I took it with a pinch of salt - but I have to say that it is true.  I am a complete newbie - only have commercially had one item printed for me and that was quite stringy.  So when it came to adjusting the first level height I was far too cautious.  The test pattern was too small for me to see if it was "squashed" or not and I didn't even realise that the little square printed at the end was meant to be a smooth connected sheet!  So I was too cautious with the Z adjustment - for fear it might dig a hole in the plate.  I even looked through all 161 pages of this thread because I had remembered there were other people's adjustment settings!  So, although I thought I had got the test right - when I started printing the nut sample it wouldn't stick.

After four attempts I eventually set z at -0.9 and following all the instructions about washing the plate with soap and water, and it worked!  And of course NOW I know what a squished first layer should look like.  So far I have only printed a nut and a bolt (or screw in Prusaspeak) but the results are much better than I had expected.... and the in fill pattern is very pretty.

So thank you Prusa for sorting out all the difficult stuff for me - at least I have a base from which to progress. 

Josef included a free covid face mask to inspire us all so I am off to see if I can print some of these https://hackaday.com/2020/04/23/3d-printed-covid-stuff-thats-not-face-shields-or-ventilators/

My only complaint - and it is a serious one - is that there were 9 gummi bears and not 10 like in the manual - and two colours were wrong.  But I have got over it now.

Posted : 24/04/2020 2:51 pm
LeeM liked
burtronix
(@burtronix)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @duckforceone

ordered by end of december...

i suffer from adhd so me being willing to wait for 4 months to get printer, is HUGE...

Now it seems like i am going to end up on at least 6 months... and with the quarantine, i'm buying stl kickstarters left and right, and nothing to print on... i'm getting itchy...

debating just switching to a mk3s, but that looks like it has 1-2 months lead time currently... so that might be just the same....

and i am sitting on a freshly started youtube DM and 3d print review channel, that can't get going until i get a printer... ARGH!!!!

Fellow ADHD here. What you need is something useful to obsess over to fill the time. I suggest acquiring or improving your CAD skills.

Whatever you find to do with your hands, do with all your might!

Posted : 24/04/2020 4:47 pm
Mog liked
Purplefowler
(@purplefowler)

Woohoo! Mine has shipped! (Will edit the spreadsheet later as I can’t do it on my phone). Can’t wait. Looks like I’ll still be in lockdown for a few more weeks so the timing couldn’t be better!

Posted : 24/04/2020 5:09 pm
Page 161 / 241
Share: