Clear all

Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread  

Page 158 / 241
  RSS
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread

Just a quick question. I cannot change nozzle diameter. I open project, slice, see that it's as it should be for 0.4mm nozzle I use. Go to printer settings, extruder 1, nozzle diameter, set to 1mm, go back, to plater, slice, seenthat it's the same as with 0.4mm. why?

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 20/04/2020 10:01 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@hawwwran

Are you sure?  I am pretty sure I have used a different nozzle.  

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 20/04/2020 12:45 pm
Beil
 Beil
(@beil)

Hi All, I’m new here. (I’m getting a few things in order before order a Mini.)

That spreadsheet is quite the document! I gather that it is all self-input, so it may not represent ALL of the Mini orders actually placed? Or does Prusa have a hand in it as well?

Also, I’m curious to know how much of a production/shipping delay was introduced when Prusa implement changes due to COVID-19?

New Prusa Mini owner (Oct 2020)
Modeling done in Vectorworks – Ask me if you’re curious
Victoria, BC, Canada

Posted : 20/04/2020 1:01 pm
LeeM
 LeeM
(@leem)
Eminent Member

@neilb

Yes you put your details in yourself. It's a community document so I don't think Prusa have anything to do with it.

Posted : 20/04/2020 1:21 pm
Lemm_uk
(@lemm_uk)
Posted by: @hawwwran

Just a quick question. I cannot change nozzle diameter. I open project, slice, see that it's as it should be for 0.4mm nozzle I use. Go to printer settings, extruder 1, nozzle diameter, set to 1mm, go back, to plater, slice, seenthat it's the same as with 0.4mm. why?

Nozzle diameter will only alter a few unseen movement calculations, to see the results you are looking for you need to change the Extrusion width in  Print Settings -> Advanced. Extrusion width is typically 120% nozzle width so for a 0.4mm its 0.48mm and for a 0.6mm its 0.72mm etc. It's also common to change layer height with a different size nozzle, typically 50% nozzle width, so for a 0.4mm its 0.2mm and for a 0.6mm its 0.3mm. Both of these changes can be seen in the slicer with thicker and fewer lines for example, these values can be also varied to personal choice and quality, but it gives you an idea to get you started.

PS Great work on the thread!

Posted : 20/04/2020 2:02 pm
Pre
 Pre
(@pre)

My printer was shipped today im super hyped

Posted : 20/04/2020 2:23 pm
AZ_TIM
(@az_tim)
Trusted Member

it would be a great help, if people would include their order date in the posts announcing their printer shipped

I'm not a mad scientist, I'm an angry engineer in training.

Posted : 20/04/2020 3:08 pm
Beil liked
Beil
 Beil
(@beil)
Posted by: @premyumga

Congratulations! When did you order yours?

New Prusa Mini owner (Oct 2020)
Modeling done in Vectorworks – Ask me if you’re curious
Victoria, BC, Canada

Posted : 20/04/2020 3:38 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @lemm_uk

Nozzle diameter will only alter a few unseen movement calculations, to see the results you are looking for you need to change the Extrusion width in  Print Settings -> Advanced. Extrusion width is typically 120% nozzle width so for a 0.4mm its 0.48mm and for a 0.6mm its 0.72mm etc. It's also common to change layer height with a different size nozzle, typically 50% nozzle width, so for a 0.4mm its 0.2mm and for a 0.6mm its 0.3mm. Both of these changes can be seen in the slicer with thicker and fewer lines for example, these values can be also varied to personal choice and quality, but it gives you an idea to get you started.

Oh! Thanks! 🙂

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 20/04/2020 3:46 pm
Pre
 Pre
(@pre)
Posted by: @neilb
Posted by: @premyumga

Congratulations! When did you order yours?

i ordered on 10.11.2019 🙂

Posted : 20/04/2020 4:29 pm
jkavalik
(@jkavalik)
Posted by: @lemm_uk

Oh! Thanks! 🙂

For MINI profiles it is not in percent but in absolute values so they seem to not usable with different nozzles. Looking at the profile compatibility it actually states

... and nozzle_diameter[0]==0.4
Posted : 20/04/2020 4:57 pm
indysam
(@indysam)

It shipped finally! FedEx says Wednesday delivery. 

I ordered it on 11/9 

Posted : 20/04/2020 5:35 pm
AZ_TIM liked
Owens2303
(@owens2303)
Eminent Member

Just ordered mine 18th April only 4 months August approx till I receive, wow obviously I am not in a hurry.:)

Posted : 20/04/2020 10:18 pm
Fury
 Fury
(@fury)

Let the wait begin. Ordered on 04/15/2020

Sadly, tonight, I've glanced through most of this thread.... Looks like late summer for me.... 

Posted : 21/04/2020 4:11 am
Matt Boyer
(@matt-boyer)
Estimable Member

@michaelesnively

I ordered an i3 last week and I was thinking a mini would be useful too, until I saw new orders will be shipped in August, and then this thread lol.  That's fantastic they have so many orders.  Must be a tip-top unit.

Posted : 21/04/2020 4:22 am
GrimmWinters
(@grimmwinters)
Trusted Member

has anybody experienced a delay with dpd shipping, too? mine seems to be stuck in Ricany since saturday.

Posted : 21/04/2020 5:52 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @michaelesnively

Let the wait begin. Ordered on 04/15/2020

Sadly, tonight, I've glanced through most of this thread.... Looks like late summer for me.... 

But in the end, you will wait shorter time then the early backers. At least it's something.

Posted : 21/04/2020 8:07 am
Nox
 Nox
(@nox)
Posted by: @strandedbandit

has anybody experienced a delay with dpd shipping, too? mine seems to be stuck in Ricany since saturday.

The last two times I ordered filament from Prusa with DPD, they needed two days from Ricany to Mannheim, Germany. Both times I didn't have any updates in the tracking in between. So maybe it's something like this, that your order is on its way, but DPD just didn't updated the status so far.

Posted : 21/04/2020 8:10 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There were eleven orders marked as shipped in our spreadsheet yesterday.

One from 3.Nov

Three from 9.Nov

One from 10.Nov

Three from 11.Nov

Three from 12.Nov

One order from 1.Nov was directly marked as delivered.

One order was marked as delivered.

MPETS: 18.May

Posted : 21/04/2020 8:12 am
AZ_TIM liked
GrimmWinters
(@grimmwinters)
Trusted Member

@nox

okay, thanks. i'll hope for the best 😀

Posted : 21/04/2020 8:31 am
AZ_TIM and Nox liked
Page 158 / 241
Share: