Cancella tutti

Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread  

Pagina 137 / 241
  RSS
Wokipokei
(@wokipokei)
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread

@bobstro

Good point! It's one small price to pay for authentic Haribo, and by the time the pandemic is over ill have a print farm of mk3s 🤣 

Postato : 17/03/2020 7:11 pm
adam.sumegi.dho
(@adam-sumegi-dho)

Hey folks!

My Mini just shipped today, after 5 months of waiting 🙂

Postato : 17/03/2020 7:39 pm
vbl, Frankincell e Wokipokei hanno apprezzato
James
(@james-10)
Eminent Member

Oof, that shipping table update has slipped another couple of weeks. So my order from the 24th that was meant to ship last week, is now meant to ship next week. So should I expect it to ship the week after that or 2 weeks after?

Postato : 17/03/2020 8:01 pm
Wokipokei
(@wokipokei)

@munkisquisher

I don't know if the situation in HQ will worsen but you are probably right. I changed my mind waiting for my mini and bought the mk3s instead. probably more people will do so and it will create a mirror effect (more lead time on mk3s and less on the mini)

Postato : 17/03/2020 8:12 pm
Frankincell
(@frankincell)
Estimable Member

@whmacintosh

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to taunt anyone.  I was sort of aiming for "entertaining and inspirational?"

At any rate. I understand. And I'll try to keep the posts in this thread more on subject.

All your filament are belong to us!

Postato : 17/03/2020 11:42 pm
eXcelonPrime hanno apprezzato
KenDoubleU
(@kendoubleu)

Hi all,

I am in UK and received my MINI package yesterday afternoon (17th March).  I used UPS as the carrier, and it did take some days to arrive, but possible due to probems connected to Coronavirus.

I had my email that it was being shipped on Wednesday 11th March and it travelled via Germany to UK.

The order was placed on 19th October and Order ref. 192347957.  It was for MINI in Orange with both magnetic sheets, filament sensor and a reel of Black filament.

So the fun starts today, as I am shortly going to put it together

Like so many of you it has been a long wait and I am sure worth that wait.  Though I have noted some have had teething problems.

Regards to all

Ken

Postato : 18/03/2020 9:37 am
eXcelonPrime
(@excelonprime)

@frankincell

Well for what it’s worth, I appreciate your intentions and your enthusiasm, and I say keep up the good work!  Thanks for trying to make all our wait better.

Postato : 18/03/2020 11:02 am
SteveL e Frankincell hanno apprezzato
LeeM
 LeeM
(@leem)
Eminent Member

@inf-91

Congrats on getting your Mini.
I'm in the UK too but didn't order my Mini until late December so not expecting mine any time soon.
Just wondered if you got hit with any import/customs fees at all ?

Postato : 18/03/2020 11:35 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

Sorry for the delay again.

There was one order from 19th10 marked as shipped in our spreadsheet yesterday.

There were four orders marked as delivered.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Postato : 18/03/2020 8:21 pm
BeeMac
(@beemac)
Eminent Member

O.M.G! It shipped today!  DHL estimates a Friday delivery to the western US which I am skeptical of it arriving that soon.

I ordered 21-Oct and updated the spreadsheet.

I will be wiping down the exterior and wearing gloves to assemble it. Now being hold up in my home is a good thing.

Great timing Prusa, thanks!

Skvělé načasování, děkuji Prusa!

Postato : 18/03/2020 8:30 pm
Frankincell hanno apprezzato
KenDoubleU
(@kendoubleu)

@lee-mad

No, I did not have to pay anything, other than the VAT that was charged.  I think that that will remain the situation until 31st December: after I suppose things could change.

I built my printer yesterday, and it looks great.  As a carer for my wife with dementia I don't have too much spare time, but today I am hoping to do a test print. 😊 

Good luck with your delivery.

Regards
Ken

Postato : 19/03/2020 6:52 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There were two orders marked as shipped in our spreadsheet yesterday.

One from 19th10

One from 21st10

There were two orders marked as delivered.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cEUO-8AQevqBbD37C25bSPWbb3Lpk6q_-WZuZ0HOIOY

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Postato : 19/03/2020 8:19 am
LeeM
 LeeM
(@leem)
Eminent Member

@inf-91

Thanks, that's good to hear.

I hope I'll have my printer way before December (current shipping estimate is late May) but with the current situation, who knows 🤥 

Good luck with your printer (and everything else), let us know how you get on.

Postato : 19/03/2020 2:21 pm
Matteo Cristini
(@matteo-cristini)
Reputable Member

So glad to say they also shipped my Mini way ahead of sch...

No wait 🤣 

Why though 🙁 🙁

Postato : 19/03/2020 6:16 pm
Crawlerin
(@crawlerin)
Prominent Member

@matteo-cristini

They dedicated around 10% of their farm to produce that equipment, I don't think plastic parts are problem right now. They may be running out of motors and maybe other parts from China though.

Postato : 19/03/2020 9:55 pm
Joe
 Joe
(@joe)

Hey everyone! I ordered my first 3D printer (of course, the mini!) on the 26th of January and can't wait to get started! That being said, it looks like it will be a long wait for it to arrive 😣 

Does anyone know why there's such a long lead time? I get the coronavirus is slowing stuff down a bit, but that wasn't a factor when I ordered, and there was still a long queue!

Also, any useful resources anyone can suggest for a newbie would be much appreciated! So far I've been soaking up whatever I can find on youtube and getting my hands dirty with Fusion 360! 😀 

Resistance is futile

Postato : 19/03/2020 10:07 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

@locutus

The long queue is simply because there is so many orders and they can manufacture only some number of them a day. Then some bugfixing happened, now coronavirus.

Postato : 19/03/2020 10:20 pm
kevinb2, Joe e eXcelonPrime hanno apprezzato
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

@locutus

I watched lots of youtube videos about 3d printing. I found Maker's muse and CNC kitchen fits me the best.

Postato : 19/03/2020 10:22 pm
Joe e eXcelonPrime hanno apprezzato
James
(@james-10)
Eminent Member

@locutus

Many things contributed. First was that there were a crazy number of orders in the first weekend and the first week, so much so that they're still working through the backlog from the first week of orders. Prusa have an amazing factory (there's some tours on youtube) that's very nimble, they 3d print as many parts of the printer as possible so they can keep improving the product as they make it, and people are then able to print their own parts to repair/improve the printer at home. There's already been a couple of revisions of some of the parts. This however limits how far they can scale up for a peak in demand.

Plus add some virus supply line disruption that everyone is experiencing and you get to where we are today

Postato : 19/03/2020 10:31 pm
Joe hanno apprezzato
Bodo
 Bodo
(@bodo)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @matteo-cristini
Posted by: @matthewmeek

@matteo-cristini

They do say that the spectator sees more of the game than the players 😋 

Incidentally, what does your new strapline actually say? I asked Google Translate but its attempt... lacks finesse.

Warning: OFF TOPIC!

I'm going to try my best translation here

So there's this scene in the movie (Title: chiedimi se sono felice): three friends are at a supermarket to shop for some groceries, and two of them (Aldo and Giacomo) decide they should share the cost of the groceries. The other one (Giovanni) says he's already done his part by putting is own coin in the shopping cart. The others don't agree, because he's obviously going to get the coin back when they'll be done shopping. Giovanni's reply is where the quote comes from: "by the way, my coin is a fixed asset now, and you know the interest is skyrocketing!" which is kind of a reference to the fact that prusa has taken my money back in october and I haven't received my printer yet. Nothing against prusa, but I thought it was kind of fitting 🙂

Scene (in italian, of course) 

I want my "coin" back 🙁 I can't wait anymore 🤣 

Matteo, I always thought that was just a cliché, but I recognize that those fellas cannot talk without gesticulating 🙂

Postato : 19/03/2020 11:02 pm
Pagina 137 / 241
Condividi: