Notifications
Clear all

Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread  

Page 134 / 241
  RSS
Charmande
(@charmande)
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread

Got mine a few days ago, ordered on the 17th of Oct. Sadly my machine has a bad buddy board 😓. It will not drive the extruder motor. Let the new wait begin lol. 

Posted : 15/03/2020 3:45 am
Wokipokei liked
Wokipokei
(@wokipokei)
Posted by: @charmande98

Got mine a few days ago, ordered on the 17th of Oct. Sadly my machine has a bad buddy board 😓. It will not drive the extruder motor. Let the new wait begin lol. 

That sucks. How long do you have to wait to get a new board?

Posted : 15/03/2020 5:02 am
Matteo Cristini
(@matteo-cristini)
Reputable Member

@bobstro

90 days? That was lucky 🙂 we are at 140+ days here 😆 

Posted : 15/03/2020 8:03 am
Wokipokei liked
Matteo Cristini
(@matteo-cristini)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @charmande98

That's unfortunate, hope you get it back up and running soon!

Posted : 15/03/2020 8:04 am
Matteo Cristini
(@matteo-cristini)
Reputable Member

@frankincell

Thank you a lot for the detailed replies 🙂 and the pictures of course 😉 

Posted : 15/03/2020 8:06 am
BertUK
(@bertuk)
Eminent Member

Ooops..... BBC:  “Czech PM said he was likely to declare a quarantine for the whole country.“

Original Prusa Mini 03/20 PINDAR Misumi Bearings

Posted : 15/03/2020 12:50 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There were no orders marked as shipped in our spreadsheet yesterday.

There was one order from 17th10 directly marked as delivered.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 15/03/2020 1:29 pm
burtronix
(@burtronix)
Reputable Member

@hawwwran

Do we have any idea what percentage of total Mini orders are represented in our voluntary unofficial spreadsheet? 

Whatever you find to do with your hands, do with all your might!

Posted : 15/03/2020 1:40 pm
vbl
 vbl
(@vbl)

@bertuk

He's repeating for days that people would be allowed to go to work if quarantine would be declared. However, one never knows, especially with PM Babiš. Let's see. Government meets around 16:00 so we could have an update in the evening.

Posted : 15/03/2020 2:38 pm
Charmande
(@charmande)

@wokipokei

Not sure. They said they first will send me stuff to send out the old one. I'll then send the old one back to them and once they receive it they will then send out the new one. I'm trying to convince them to debt my account the cost of the board to send the new one as I simultaneously send out the bad one. Once they receive the bad one they can just refund my account. That would go a lot faster but I'm just eager to play with this little machine lol. 

Posted : 15/03/2020 2:46 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member
Posted by: @matteo-cristini

[...] 90 days? That was lucky 🙂 we are at 140+ days here 😆 

I was just suggesting that it's well worth waiting for, and that you can productively spend the waiting time.

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 15/03/2020 4:01 pm
Matteo Cristini
(@matteo-cristini)
Reputable Member

@bobstro

And you're 100% right, though you should know how difficult it is 😓 

Posted : 15/03/2020 4:48 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

@burtronix

Unfortunately, we don't. But I can tell you, that from the first order to my order (24th12), 17.4% of orders was shipped (more or less). It does not say much as I count in ALL of the orders using the order number. Of course the MINIs will be just minority. It was rising very vlowly, but I expect the rise speed to go up as less and less orders will be the MINIs among the others.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 15/03/2020 6:02 pm
bobstro
(@bobstro)
Illustrious Member

[...] And you're 100% right, though you should know how difficult it is 😓 

Oh, I know it's frustrating. I'm afraid things are going to get worse for a while. You can find a lot of good information to read and on YouTube to help fill the time. One thing that you can do if you're stuck at home with a lot of time on your hand is to learn something like Fusion 360 (for technical designs) or Blender (for organic designs) as you wait. This will be entertaining, and being able to design your own stuff really makes 3D printing gratifying. I spent time on Fusion 360 and am glad I can crank out parts to fit my exact needs whenever needed.

My notes and disclaimers on 3D printing

and miscellaneous other tech projects
He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking. -- Spock in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Posted : 15/03/2020 6:07 pm
Wokipokei
(@wokipokei)

And you're 100% right, though you should know how difficult it is 😓 

If you have another printer, you should use it to take your mind off the mini. It sucks for me because I don't have a printer at home and I have to use the one in my school lab, which (and the school itself)  is closed for 4 weeks due to the coronavirus.

Posted : 15/03/2020 6:20 pm
Matteo Cristini
(@matteo-cristini)
Reputable Member

@bobstro

I've been using fusion and blender for quite a while now (that's one of the reasons why I wanted to get a printer) but I guess getting better at them won't hurt. Thanks for the advice 🙂

Posted : 15/03/2020 7:04 pm
burtronix
(@burtronix)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @hawwwran

@burtronix

Unfortunately, we don't. But I can tell you, that from the first order to my order (24th12), 17.4% of orders was shipped (more or less). It does not say much as I count in ALL of the orders using the order number. Of course the MINIs will be just minority. It was rising very vlowly, but I expect the rise speed to go up as less and less orders will be the MINIs among the others.

I see I may have asked my question in a confusing way. Let me restate it. Since the spreadsheet is a community initiated & maintained thing, probably not every Mini customer has entered their order. Some may not be aware of it. Others just don't want to bother. Any way to tell what percentage of only true Mini orders are being tracked in the spreadsheet?

Maybe you were answering that question, telling me sequential order numbers can't be used to analyze that percentage. This is because there are other things than Mini being ordered.

Thanks for your response either way. 😀 

Whatever you find to do with your hands, do with all your might!

Posted : 15/03/2020 7:13 pm
highrock
(@highrock)

@burtronix

According to Josef's blog post on 13th Jan, they had taken orders for over 8,000 mini's... so, add up the rows to that date. Only a small percentage of the orders are represented and, because, I also think the early data is skewed heavily towards fans and forum members later data may be better, such as people who ordered and then found the forums later (like me).

Posted : 15/03/2020 7:47 pm
vbl
 vbl
(@vbl)

@bertuk

Well, quarantine starts at midnight. As expected, travel to/from work is allowed. Let's see if Prusa continues to operate.

Fingers crossed to all of you still waiting.

Posted : 15/03/2020 10:12 pm
Wokipokei liked
Wokipokei
(@wokipokei)

@vaclav-blazek

Hope it won't be severe. Prusa should make an announcement about the delays.

Posted : 15/03/2020 10:44 pm
vbl liked
Page 134 / 241
Share: