Page 127 / 241
  RSS
Crawlerin
(@crawlerin)
Prominent Member
RE: Unofficial Prusa Mini Wait Thread
Posted by: @tom-6

@frankincell

That one from Joe, in Malta, will probably never happen. He said to hold off on payment until he ships the unit at the end of January because he still has to complete his online review. Never seen the review, nothing shipped, didn't pay and he doesn't return my emails.

Be patient, from watching many techtubers, these Youtube contests with bigger prizes can take months for people to receive their prize. It may not even be Youtuber's fault, but their partners or MCN or agency that covers these contests. If participants are being international, Youtubers reach out for help to third party agencies that cover paper side of things like import laws, age restrictions, custom declarations etc. because it's not in power of single Youtuber to handle those. Hence you see very few contests that are international, vast majority are domestic to whatever country Youtuber is living in.

Posted : 06/03/2020 1:15 am
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There were two orders marked as shipped in the following spreadsheet yesterday.

One from the 16th10

One from the 19th10

There were eight orders marked as delivered.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cEUO-8AQevqBbD37C25bSPWbb3Lpk6q_-WZuZ0HOIOY

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 06/03/2020 8:02 am
James liked
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There were four orders marked as shipped yesterday in our spreadsheet.

One from 16th10

Three from 17th10

There were four orders marked as delivered.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and perfect my MINI ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Posted : 07/03/2020 6:54 am
Matt
 Matt
(@matt-2)
Trusted Member

When I eventually do get a MINI delivery, is there an easy way to tell which revisions of each part were attached, or is it a case of searching for the "C" numbers on every component and comparing to the "R" numbers on the Github repository?

Posted : 07/03/2020 7:56 am
cwbullet
(@cwbullet)
Topic starter answered:

@matthewmeek

Not that I can tell.  Anyone else?

--------------------
Chuck H
3D Printer Review Blog

Posted : 07/03/2020 11:35 am
Frankincell
(@frankincell)
Estimable Member

Honestly, it doesn't really matter at this point. The big changes were between R1 and R2.  The R2 took care of all the major issues.  Everything from this point on will be very small improvements.  I got one of the R2 versions (the new pinda mount and wiring harness are easy to see.) and it's an incredible printer.  The only issues I have, are the ones I create, like not putting a support where one is needed, or not cleaning the build plate, or not using a brim (see below) etc...  No matter what version you end up getting, it's going to be awesome!

All your filament are belong to us!

Posted : 07/03/2020 3:38 pm
Krope
(@krope)
Eminent Member

Hello, I am currently designing a housing for the Mini, I have taken the dimensions of the printer from the Prusa website and designed it according to this information.

I have inside dimensions of 420mm high, 370mm wide, 420mm deep.
Can someone who already has the Mini measure whether this would fit? that would help me a lot.

thx!

Posted : 07/03/2020 7:09 pm
Rick
 Rick
(@rick)
Trusted Member
Posted by: @kropexx

Hello, I am currently designing a housing for the Mini, I have taken the dimensions of the printer from the Prusa website and designed it according to this information.

I have inside dimensions of 420mm high, 370mm wide, 420mm deep.
Can someone who already has the Mini measure whether this would fit? that would help me a lot.

thx!

I would wait until you have the printer assembled. I suspect the dimensions listed by Prusa do not account for the additional room needed for cable movement. 

Posted : 07/03/2020 7:45 pm
Matt
 Matt
(@matt-2)
Trusted Member

@kropexx

The dimensions would need to be measured with the heatbed at the furthest extremes, with a bit of extra room for getting in to do maintenance. My MK3S sits comfortably in the Lack enclosure v2, but if you account for the space taken up by the heatbed when moved all the way back, including the cable sticking out (forwards it doesn't actually protrude further than the LCD screen so does not contribute), there's so little room you have to use space-saving mods like the 60 degree heatbed cable cover or shorter LCD display arms to guarantee you don't smack into perspex when doing the largest prints.

Posted : 07/03/2020 7:59 pm
Frankincell
(@frankincell)
Estimable Member

I've measured mine as it sits on my desk...

Mine sits at 390mm high, so 420mm high is perfect.

I measured mine at 330mm wide, so yours at 370mm wide is great, the extra 40mm is perfect for cable travel.

Mine is sitting as close to the wall as I dare given the cable coming off the back of the heated bed.

With the bed slid all the way forward I'm measuring it at 450mm deep, so 420mm deep won't be enough.

I'll measure it again tonight after my current print stops and I'll take pictures show it all the way back and all the way forward just to be sure.

Posted : 07/03/2020 8:07 pm
Krope
(@krope)
Eminent Member

Thanks for all the answers guys!

@frankincell would it be enough if I increased the depth to 450mm? or would I have to add more? thanks for the measurement.

Posted : 07/03/2020 8:30 pm
Frankincell
(@frankincell)
Estimable Member

I'm sure 450mm would be enough, but again, I'll measure it in 5 hours when the print completes.

Posted : 07/03/2020 11:42 pm
Frankincell
(@frankincell)
Estimable Member

@kropexx

450mm will be great.  

Here's a shot with the bed all the way back with plenty of clearance for the heat-bed cable.

And all the way forward to 435mm

Posted : 08/03/2020 4:38 am
Krope liked
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There were no orders marked as shipped yesterday.

There were two orders marked as delivered.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cEUO-8AQevqBbD37C25bSPWbb3Lpk6q_-WZuZ0HOIOY

Posted : 08/03/2020 11:23 am
Krope
(@krope)
Eminent Member

@frankincell

Thank you!

Posted : 08/03/2020 1:25 pm
Magnus
(@magnus-2)

Received mine a couple of days ago. It took me around 1 hour to assemble, mainly because i was extremely thorough getting the XZ as straight as possible. Printed a couple of the included test prints with the included prusament samples and they all look great. So far I am very pleased with this little machine. 

Posted : 08/03/2020 5:17 pm
Hawwwran
(@hawwwran)
Reputable Member

There were no orders marked as shipped in our spreadsheet yesterday.

There was one order marked as delivered.

Posted : 09/03/2020 7:26 am
kenryan
(@kenryan)
Eminent Member

My mini was shipped last Thursday Apr 5, fedex claimed it would be delivered Friday (to Virginia).  Didn't believe it.  It did make it to the local fedex center by Friday though.  It was just delivered this morning (Monday the 9th).

Alas, my wife just left out of town this morning, for 2 weeks.  She is the primary printer user in the family.  I'm pretty much just the mechanic, keeping our mk3s running smoothly, though I do design something once in a while.

So, to wait till she returns to unbox so she can share in that excitement or unbox it now and have it set up, tested, and ready for her when she comes back.  Opinions? 🙂

ken

Posted : 09/03/2020 2:14 pm
Clemens M.
(@clemens-m)
Noble Member

@kenneth-r5

No way to make it right - makes no difference which decision you take!

Best regards, Clemens

Mini, i3 MK2.5S, i3 MK4, CClone (Eigenbau)

Posted : 09/03/2020 2:22 pm
SteveL liked
chrismikula17
(@chrismikula17)

Hi guys, I didn't add my order to the spread sheet but thought I should let you know I ordered on the 19th of October and today I received a "Shipped" email. 

Posted : 09/03/2020 2:25 pm
Page 127 / 241
Share: